February 19 2022 Warning at Check In - Testing Requirements Not Yet Announced

wendycook22

Just now, cruisestitch said:

I recall seeing that same message going as far back as September. I think it’s a CYA statement and don’t anticipate any changes in the near future.

Thanks.  I didn't recall seeing it on my December 2021 sailing on the summit.  Perhaps, I overlooked it during that check in process.  

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I recall seeing that same message going as far back as September. I think it’s a CYA statement and don’t anticipate any changes in the near future.

I thought that section used to have info about unvaccinated children being required to test at the pier?

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I thought that section used to have info about unvaccinated children being required to test at the pier?

I thought I had previously seen more details about testing requirements during check in and disembarkation the last time I checked but couldn't be certain.    

I do believe that was there for our Dec 3 sailing. I think some people have said that their app now says masking is required indoors... which would be a big change. So far the only masking reference for onboard says that is not required for vaccinated.  Now I suspect that this mask request I have heard about.. is being done for cruises in the immediate future. My next cruise is in mid Feb... so I am hopeful that this will not be necessary by then. Some 'experts' suspect that this Omicron should peak within the next few weeks.. so fingers crossed

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

I do believe that was there for our Dec 3 sailing. I think some people have said that their app now says masking is required indoors... which would be a big change. So far the only masking reference for onboard says that is not required for vaccinated.  Now I suspect that this mask request I have heard about.. is being done for cruises in the immediate future. My next cruise is in mid Feb... so I am hopeful that this will not be necessary by then. Some 'experts' suspect that this Omicron should peak within the next few weeks.. so fingers crossed

The app and the website both now say masking is required indoors.

Screenshot_20220106-102825.thumb.png.692b6fa07c1f2bde15c76d4d0bdb47c7.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

I received the following warning when starting the check in process for our February 19 2022 sailing on the Reflection: 

image.png.e6e25b15d3291d401a7a16818d65012d.png

I wonder if there are more changes to come.....time will tell.  

If we have learned anything at all, the requirements for boarding and testing and masking and shore excursions and individual ports- all are in a constant state of flux and subject to last minute changes.  This should be the expectation right now.  Check back here on CC or the Celebrity website frequently as your cruise gets closer.  Don't count on an email from Celebrity communicating the changes.

• Like 3

Wellness Check?

Check in for Apex 2/19 says arrival times are for Wellness check, Starts at 1030 AM.

This seems earlier than prior and I do not recall that our check in for Equinox for 08/2021 was called a wellness check. We did wellness check on line only.

I wonder if Celebrity is going to start doing COVID testing prior to boarding

6 minutes ago, drpad3333 said:

Wellness Check?

Check in for Apex 2/19 says arrival times are for Wellness check, Starts at 1030 AM.

This seems earlier than prior and I do not recall that our check in for Equinox for 08/2021 was called a wellness check. We did wellness check on line only.

Our available check-in times haven't changed for our 1/21 sailing, but it does say "wellness check" in the app.

6 minutes ago, drpad3333 said:

Wellness Check?

Previously, that's what they were calling the checklist of symptoms that they asked about prior to check-in at the pier.  It may encompass more now or in the future, but that's all it was last month.

8 minutes ago, drpad3333 said:

Wellness Check?

I believe wellness check is checking your vax status and covid test results.

13 minutes ago, 3boyz2keep said:

I'm wondering if the new message appears as protocols may change on January 15th as the CDC order expires? We sail at the end of February and I'm really curious if there will be changes.

Exactly.  I thought by sharing this it may give others the heads up in case they haven't already realized it is something that definitely needs to be monitored regularly.  I understand the current travel climate and the potential need for changes by cruise lines, airlines, etc.  Just putting it out there, so it is on the radar. 🙂 

Edited by wendycook22
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If we have learned anything at all, the requirements for boarding and testing and masking and shore excursions and individual ports- all are in a constant state of flux and subject to last minute changes.  This should be the expectation right now.  Check back here on CC or the Celebrity website frequently as your cruise gets closer.  Don't count on an email from Celebrity communicating the changes.

I agree 100%.  I am passing along my findings to put it on other cruisers radar.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3boyz2keep said:

I'm wondering if the new message appears as protocols may change on January 15th as the CDC order expires? We sail at the end of February and I'm really curious if there will be changes.

Wow. . . an easy question to answer.  The will absolutely positively be changes to protocols and procedures between now and the end of February. 

The hard part is nobody has any idea of the who, what, where, when or how about the upcoming changes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The app and the website both now say masking is required indoors.

Screenshot_20220106-102825.thumb.png.692b6fa07c1f2bde15c76d4d0bdb47c7.png

Interesting, my "Healthy cruising" page looks different.. no mention of masking...so far.. I assume this will change

This is what my app currently says... now I suspect that if I log out and log back in... this might change. Kinda want to hold on to the idea that things will improve by Feb. (the masking part shows up ..under the 'Protect your health onboard' section

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

Email today (on Apex 2/19)

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

Vaccines
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. As such, Celebrity Cruises will require guests eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine to be fully vaccinated, with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Sinopharm or Covaxin. Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.

Pre-Cruise Testing
For sailings departing the U.S. through February 28, 2022, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will be provided an additional Antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation as well as on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing at the terminal will be sent separately. Please note, the CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of their test results, therefore the COVID-19 test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day.

Convenient Testing Options
Monitored Self-Test Kit - Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card:
Approved Self-Test Kits are available for order pre-cruise for fully vaccinated guests. Complete your pre-cruise test kit at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide. Your results will be ready in 15 minutes. ORDER HERE

Concierge Testing Service:
In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is also available. Bio-reference will send a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test. Your results will be ready in about 48 hours. RESERVE HERE

Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit www.healthyatsea.com.

While Onboard

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  This policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

Home Country Re-Entry Testing
All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked and paid in full prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of these important guidelines. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, drpad3333 said:

Email today (on Apex 2/19)

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

Vaccines
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. As such, Celebrity Cruises will require guests eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine to be fully vaccinated, with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Sinopharm or Covaxin. Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.

Pre-Cruise Testing
For sailings departing the U.S. through February 28, 2022, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will be provided an additional Antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation as well as on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing at the terminal will be sent separately. Please note, the CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of their test results, therefore the COVID-19 test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day.

Convenient Testing Options
Monitored Self-Test Kit - Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card:
Approved Self-Test Kits are available for order pre-cruise for fully vaccinated guests. Complete your pre-cruise test kit at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide. Your results will be ready in 15 minutes. ORDER HERE

Concierge Testing Service:
In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is also available. Bio-reference will send a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test. Your results will be ready in about 48 hours. RESERVE HERE

Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit www.healthyatsea.com.

While Onboard

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  This policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

Home Country Re-Entry Testing
All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked and paid in full prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of these important guidelines. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

I just received this as well for my Reflection sailing. I came here share but you beat me to it. 😆

Edited by wendycook22

One other change on our November cruise, you could take a home test by yourself.  This has changed, you must have a proctored test to provide you are negative.  I believe people were just taking pictures of negative results and showing them at the port.

4 minutes ago, JMHappy said:

One other change on our November cruise, you could take a home test by yourself.  This has changed, you must have a proctored test to provide you are negative.  I believe people were just taking pictures of negative results and showing them at the port.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember a non-proctored home test was ever allowed on any cruise line.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JMHappy said:

What cruise line was this???  Definitely not Celebrity.