Sailings cancelled

jdg623

It appears to be the ships with the most infections and not related to FL. I sail Indy on the 10th, I have received nothing saying it has been cancelled, in fact haven't heard about infections either, the same with mariner.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to read this as we are to do the Explorer the  9th, which is Sunday.  I did get a "scare" for a moment from Southwest airlines, saying they had cancelled my flight, and I needed to make some changes. I knew there were 4 others that were doing the same flight, although they had not received the notification as yet.  It turned out that my son and wife had an earlier flight, and when we were able to make the changes, ALL 7 of us will be on the same flight which will be nice. 🙂

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

double points for cancelled sailings and anyone that had a great lift and shift deal have lost them

I moved a booking from May '22 to Dec '22 and was told DP ends on Sept 30th. Those with FCC better book quick

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure you'll be fine. Not sure why Jewel didn't get the free FCC

Not sure you'll get those dbl points, though.

Still waiting on a refund from October. Not holding my breath.

They did just send me an email, full refund plus 100% FCC. That will make me happy.

5 minutes ago, D4 said:

Whew, I’m glad you found out before you flew out!

We were literally about to load the bags into the car. So talk about cutting it close. I would be furious if I got the email while sitting in Philly waiting for our connection.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I moved a booking from May '22 to Dec '22 and was told DP ends on Sept 30th. Those with FCC better book quick

The double points promo has ended and Royal is not offering to move any of these cancelled sailings.  FCC or refund so there is no way to get the double points on a new booking.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Fingers crossed for Harmony on Sunday

I didn't know you were on next week.  Sea you on Sunday.  🙂 

Many cabins went empty this week, temporary count for next week is approx. 3600 total, with 103 Pinnacles (was 41 this week).   Of course that count can change with continual cancellations, and a surprising amount of "no shows".  

Lyli and Jackie to be back on board tomorrow.  Had both been quarantined to Vision for couple of weeks.  They join us in Coco Cay. 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The double points promo has ended and Royal is not offering to move any of these cancelled sailings.  FCC or refund so there is no way to get the double points on a new booking.

Thamks. I got DP on Symphony because I kept the same reservation number

• Like 1

Just now, Pratique said:

We were literally about to load the bags into the car. So talk about cutting it close. I would be furious if I got the email while sitting in Philly waiting for our connection.

I totally understand!  We always have a connection.  We fly in at least a day early,  taking the first flight of the day.

We have a B2B in a couple months.  We are flying in 2 days early because Royal’s Covid policies say they won’t let people catch up with the ship.

I feel for you and everyone else that planned to sail this weekend.  It takes so much effort to get everything ready before a cruise. 

I feel extra bad for people that had already flown out. 

• Like 3

My sister and her family are on Odyssey on Sunday for 6 nights then are supposed to transfer on to Symphony for a 2nd week. They're all flying in to Florjda from the UK tomorrow morning. They haven't heard anything. If they go on Odyssey as planned will Guest Services help them with an alternative cruise for the following week? Their flights home are paid for for 24th January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

My sister and her family are on Odyssey on Sunday for 6 nights then are supposed to transfer on to Symphony for a 2nd week. They're all flying in to Florjda from the UK tomorrow morning. They haven't heard anything. If they go on Odyssey as planned will Guest Services help them with an alternative cruise for the following week? Their flights home are paid for for 24th January.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

GS no, but Next Cruise will.

I’m sure Next Cruise will try to help, but if other sailings close for new bookings, I’m not sure Next Cruise can do much.  Perhaps they should re book the second week now from home if available.  If not available now, would the consider changing cruise lines or a land vacation for second week?  I might cancel the whole thing the whole thing rather than fly into potential disappointment.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, mein18 said:

We are scheduled for tomorrow on Allure and hoping we don't get cancelled. We are here and ready to board in the AM.

Feel so bad for all of you who were cancelled. So frustrating.

Be aware that they have sent out an email to add 2 hours to your arrival time due to extra cleaning.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Try and stay on Odyssey 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Just heard our Vision was cancelled. I just received our test kits through Royal that I won't use.

Well that truely sucks.  Figures that's what happens too. :classic_sad:

With the shortage of tests, they should be worth double on the open market.  You can save them for a later sailing but that certainly wasn't your thought when you bought them. 

• Like 3

Just got a message from our TA about our Feb 25 Vision sailing. So disappointed. We've rescheduled our TP Hawaii to Vancouver cruise probably 5 times by now. We took the 125% FCC way back then and are starting to regret it now. Time off work already approved, so maybe we can juggle some things and still go on vacation around the same time, just not cruise.

Those that are on cancelled cruises, will you take the FCC (again for a lot of us by the sounds of it), or take the refund?

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How high can we stack FCC's

• Like 2

It's too late in the day to change things now. It's evening here in the UK and their travel agent is shut. They haven't had anything official about the cancellation, only what they've read here and from the statement just put out by RCI on their website. Their flights are booked from tomorrow morning, before the travel agent opens, and for them to return on Sunday 23rd of March. Their cruise on Sunday on Odyssey is still sailing and if they decide not to go tomorrow they'll most likely lose money. I don't think changing cruise lines or changing to a land based holiday is an option as they would have to pay up front for that and factor in a lot of additional spending money. They also have a young unvaccinated child with them so are limited to certain cruise lines. The whole thing is a worrying mess for them. It's expensive for us in the UK to cruise the Caribbean, mainly because of the flight costs.

• Like 3

Just got the official email. We'll need the extra FCC to make up the 28 points we're losing on this sailing lol. I'm hoping this isn't a portent of things to come - we are supposed to be on Jewel in March and Vision in April. 

• Like 1