Princess Cruises Cancelled?

jeno

A friend told our group that princess has been cancelling cruises.  Is anyone aware of that? I know other lines have been.  Thanks for any insight. 

Edited by jeno

The only cruises canceled by Princess were cancelled a couple of months ago.  That was when they decided to delay the activation of the Crown and Island Princess, until the April time frame.  At that point they did cancel the trips on those ships in Q1 2022.

Nothing since then.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, dog said:

Have not seen any cancellations recently BY Princess, but many passengers are taking advantage of the no penalty for January cruises if you want to cancel 

Here in England you have to transfer to another cruise 30 days before if you do not want to sail yet. We were due to sail on the 15th January on the Sky Princess. I decided to request a credit 25 days before but told it was too late. I have now received credit for the cash we have paid for this cruise but lost all the credit and cash we had paid for 3 long cruises that were cancelled. We are treated completely differently in Britain.

Laraine

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Doesn't seem right...

Different booking terms, different laws.  People booking under UK terms face more restrictive rules concerning bookings, but they also get protections under the PTR, such as if there is a major change in itinerary.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, dog said:

Have not seen any cancellations recently BY Princess, but many passengers are taking advantage of the no penalty for January cruises if you want to cancel 

There was a post with a notification from Princess that the 'January Cancellation' was for a short time over holidays while Customer Service was closed. After that January cancellations default to 30 days prior to cruise etc.

30 minutes ago, lancing2 said:

Here in England you have to transfer to another cruise 30 days before if you do not want to sail yet. We were due to sail on the 15th January on the Sky Princess. I decided to request a credit 25 days before but told it was too late. I have now received credit for the cash we have paid for this cruise but lost all the credit and cash we had paid for 3 long cruises that were cancelled. We are treated completely differently in Britain.

Laraine

I understand there’s different booking rolls but it doesn’t seem right that you lose money or credits …so 😢 

Question for those in the UK… I read somewhere that when we get off the ship we have to leave the country that we cannot stay?? Is that correct?? We want to stay in London and travel around before flying home..

thank you 

27 minutes ago, lancing2 said:

Laraine

Just my curiosity, the 30 days seems the same as in US. '30+ days prior to sailing' refunds cancellation fees as FCC. Also, you say 'transfer to another cruise', US FAQ states specifically that you need to cancel and rebook, you cannot just transfer. Not sure why that is, maybe Princess accounting process. I know there is a special department that does refunds etc.

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Just my curiosity, the 30 days seems the same as in US. '30+ days prior to sailing' refunds cancellation fees as FCC. Also, you say 'transfer to another cruise', US FAQ states specifically that you need to cancel and rebook, you cannot just transfer. Not sure why that is, maybe Princess accounting process. I know there is a special department that does refunds etc.

You are correct 30 days, cruise with confidence applies to other countries, as well: USA, Canada