On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

BTW, Solarium Bistro is closed all week for dinner, so it started getting weird yesterday. Crew seemed very disorganized when we boarded. GS had long lines all day and well into the evening.

Both Sabor and Solarium is closed for all meals all week.  

Once again no Grease, and no aqua theater shows...though they did have the usual "mini show" during upper tier last week.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Starting to become a well oiled machine.  Unfortunately for the wrong reasons.  Sounds like they are making every effort to give you a great cruise.  Stay open minded but most of all stay hydrated. 😉

Hydration is definitely not a problem.  😄 Cheers!!   🥃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I read that bit about Solarium Bistro and covid infected crew in the other thread.  As we know crew who test positive are isolated (as are guests); they are not being fed together in Solarium Bistro (though they’d enjoy going out for a meal if they were allowed, it simply is not).  It was likely a misunderstanding or misinformed crew member chatting inappropriately or even a crew member telling a tall tale to see if guests will believe it. Perhaps the people who would otherwise staff Solarium Bistro are now helping make/box up meals for isolation areas.  

I thought the same when I read it....but then I started thinking...maybe they are using the kitchen on SB to prepare food for COVID crew for delivery.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

245 crew left today, not one was sick. 👍

Maintenance is the most affected currently, but nothing critical.

We picked up 15 crew. 

Would that be hotel maintenance (i.e. back of house crew), or actual "maintenance" (deck and engine)?  While there is considerable leeway between actual crewing level in those departments, and the statutory requirements, if they are being hit hardest, it may lead to more cancelations, as marine crew is harder to come by, and can't be substituted by others like the hotel functions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Guess there wasn't much interest in RoyalUp.

They are raffling 2 Crown Loft Suites this afternoon.

Just changed the raffle to tomorrow. That's stupid. Earlier the better

They raffled off two GS cabin last week.  I think was day two or three.  

Before the new bookings shut down a few weeks ago, the CLS were barely booked...maybe 10%.  I gave up on my "Royal up" bid....cancelled GS, OS, and CLS bids yesterday afternoon while on board.  Sick of them waiting until well after sail away to officially send you the denial email.  😠

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It might not be a lack of interest in RoyalUp, but rather that the cancellations came too late for the RoyalUp system to be utilized.  

There is a thread dedicated to Royal UP report of success or failure.  Many have been upgraded at three days and even up to 11 days prior.   Many of us are not informed until well after sail away.  

This week Harmony has been shut down to new bookings for weeks now.  And just before, there were a lot of unsold cabins.  

Royal up is doing RCI no favors.  Many missed opportunities for extra cash flow.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swsf99a said:

In 10-20 years , you will remember this cruise the most!  We sailed just after 911 with our then, teenage children, and they remember that cruise above all those since!   

Yup, Cruised 4 times Post 9/11, CHEAP and no Single Supplement. This lasted deep into 2002. Ships was on were 50-75% Capacity. Took 2 my first SOLO's, included my first Suites and first 10niters. As a Single Dad raising 3 Kids even with less things to do we had a Blast!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

245 crew left today, not one was sick. 👍

Maintenance is the most affected currently, but nothing critical.

We picked up 15 crew. 

Doesn't seem like a fair swap, if things continue like that, some more sailings might have to be cancelled.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Those are fighting words to some here 😁

Just my opinion, those can take it anyway they like.  I think you are just kidding yourself if you don't think that there won't be anymore cancellations with the way this virus is spreading right now.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't seem like a fair swap, if things continue like that, some more sailings might have to be cancelled.

How are passengers doing relative to honoring the mask requirements? On recent cruises I have heard that this has been a problem, with crew trying hard, and lots of altercations between passengers who were militant about people wearing them, and correctly, and those who would not wear them correctly, if at all? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If extra healthy crew from Jewel are being transferred to other ships, they likely will be deployed across the fleet based on need, and there may be ships in greater need of crew than Harmony.  Furthermore, if all 245 who departed are indeed “not sick”, one would anticipate they will return after their specified quarantine periods.  Transfers back from Rhapsody and Vision may also occur.  While more cancellations might occur, this data alone is not probative 

• Like 3

Bad news…Solarium Bistro has disappeared completely from the app for both this week and next week. Heading down to GS in a bit to see what dining options are still available. Good news…the pool deck and solarium are virtually empty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TYinPalmSprings said:

How are passengers doing relative to honoring the mask requirements? On recent cruises I have heard that this has been a problem, with crew trying hard, and lots of altercations between passengers who were militant about people wearing them, and correctly, and those who would not wear them correctly, if at all? 

Occasional announcements from the CD on mask wearing, and we’ve seen several crew attempt to convince pax to wear their masks. Most everyone has one “on”, but it is a nose counter’s dream with all the people only protecting their chins.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Bad news…Solarium Bistro has disappeared completely from the app for both this week and next week. Heading down to GS in a bit to see what dining options are still available. Good news…the pool deck and solarium are virtually empty.

Nothing like having your own private yacht ha ORVILLE99.  If you are willing to jump through a few hoops right now and willing to accept a few bumps in the road it seems very rewarding.  Keep up the great posts and Thank You.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Can't you go to any dining place that is still open and book openings at all the dining places that are still available? Used to be able to do it that way.....they might even know better then GS what is still available.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Occasional announcements from the CD on mask wearing, and we’ve seen several crew attempt to convince pax to wear their masks. Most everyone has one “on”, but it is a nose counter’s dream with all the people only protecting their chins.

Thx. Godspeed to y'all