On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Closed hete due to staff shortages and lack of passengers.  Hey, we still have the Jammer😉

Reported on Anthem, Jammer is requiring reservations now.....

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Guess that was a good indication then just how many crew on Jewel were infected, kind of scary they could only give up so few? But I guess they will be giving afew more to some other ships in the area.

Is it just 10 days or do they  still need a negative test result to finally get back to work again?

That's a stretch to try and calculate crew infections. SMH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That was how it was originally set up back in the late summer.

Here's hoping we are not heading backwards. 1 step forward, 2 steps back

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

Are they still doing 4 people  (or more if it's a self-contained group) on the elevators? I try to stick to the stairs but it's more challenging on the bigger ships. I've observed once there is a critical mass of mask non-compliance it all goes out the window.

Are the elevators smaller on oasis class? Liberty 5 to the elevators signage.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Personally I think using a couple of ships for quarantining crew is a brilliant idea.  It allows them to move crew around as necessary and quarantine off away from ships with passengers.   And, then exchange positive crew with those that have finished their quarantines.  Anyone notice, there is zero talk of having to evacuate to a hospital anywhere?  

So do we know for sure that is what Symphony and Jewel are being used for?

Pull from their healthy crews to replace the quarantined crew they send to those ships?

If so, I wonder what how those ships go back into service in a few weeks

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Pull from their healthy crews to replace the quarantined crew they send to those ships?

It's a constant juggling act to get through this, whether it means more cancellations for some of those ships is probably unknown at this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah, Wouldn't be to cool would it leaving on your cruise on one ship and then returning  from your cruise on a different ship. Or second thoughts maybe that would be neat. 🙂

I was referencing guests being evacuated by airlifted for Covid issues. 

1 hour ago, TYinPalmSprings said:

Thx. Godspeed to y'all

Those guests aren’t helping the “cause”. 

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I think Adventure had a medical evac yesterday

Hopefully the individual is doing well. We will never know the purpose to their evacuation. If given the chance I take the evacuation over disembarking in a bag, whatever the reason. 😮

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

It's a constant juggling act to get through this, whether it means more cancellations for some of those ships is probably unknown at this time.

Oh I am sure this is a day by day decision but that had some idea of what their future plans were when they elected to only pause those ships for a few weeks.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

A couple of hundred crew members coming off our ship (Harmony).  Transferring to Jewel.  Picking up their key cards for their cabin desk set up.  All filing along the pier in long lines with all their luggage. 

Symphony is on forward side very close, probably going to do a transfer as well since she was taken out of service. 

Oasis just beyond us on the port side, waiting to come in for perhaps her scheduled port day...or another transfer.  

This is Oasis scheduled day at Coco Cay.

• Like 1

We don’t find anything “weird“.

We are in the middle of pandemic, crew are being moved from ship to ship, and the officers are doing what they need to do to keep things running as smoothly as possible. That could mean the cancellation of a show, and venue closing for a meal, detouring for a few hours to drop some crew off.  

Our detour will not affect our arrival in St Marteen. 

Anyone who  cruise  before knows that there can be “adjustments” any time during a cruise. We’ve all had ports to cancel, they show canceled etc.   Extraordinary  times require extraordinary   adjustments.  

Prior to boarding, we were all made aware of protocol changes. 

Last cruise we didn’t make it to St Thomas. Same could happen this.   

Relax. 
m

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Deck 3 on Harmony. Probably for guests.

20220110_124036.thumb.jpg.c7a50ca72b83111ef0c95da6f3249926.jpg

I do recall deck 6 forward on Allure closed off back in October

I remember something like that on the initial Oasis sail from Bayonne.  Did not think much at that time as I figured that it was for social distancing .

23 minutes ago, MissDaisyofTexas said:

To the OP and anyone else on board right now re: the entertainment schedule. I saw that ventriloquist Michael Harrison on a DCL cruise. He is hilarious! I recommend you attend his show.

Thanks for the endorsement. 

m

57 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm on Harmony next week-- watching this thread closely.  

Me too! Covid testing is a worry and a hassle😒 but it will feel like winning the lottery when we finally board (if we get good test results and don't get cancelled!) Thanks to those currently posting this week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

Are they still doing 4 people  (or more if it's a self-contained group) on the elevators? I try to stick to the stairs but it's more challenging on the bigger ships. I've observed once there is a critical mass of mask non-compliance it all goes out the window.

Sign behind GS desk is four max.  Sign in front of all elevators is six max.  Ignored for the most part.  😣

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

How are they raffling them off, do you have to buy a ticket, fill out a raffle ticket, or are all cabins entered in the raffle ? Thanks 😉

Bingo game.  Fact...not "guess" as some post that are not cruising.  😉 

Edited by island lady

37 minutes ago, MissDaisyofTexas said:

To the OP and anyone else on board right now re: the entertainment schedule. I saw that ventriloquist Michael Harrison on a DCL cruise. He is hilarious! I recommend you attend his show.

Thanks!  I have reservations for Wednesday!  🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Jewel definitely, not sute about Symphony. 

I'd guess she's mainly out of service to allow her existing crew to spread out and take a break

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We don’t find anything “weird“.

We are in the middle of pandemic, crew are being moved from ship to ship, and the officers are doing what they need to do to keep things running as smoothly as possible. That could mean the cancellation of a show, and venue closing for a meal, detouring for a few hours to drop some crew off.  

Our detour will not affect our arrival in St Marteen. 

Anyone who  cruise  before knows that there can be “adjustments” any time during a cruise. We’ve all had ports to cancel, they show canceled etc.   Extraordinary  times require extraordinary   adjustments.  

Prior to boarding, we were all made aware of protocol changes. 

Last cruise we didn’t make it to St Thomas. Same could happen this.   

Relax. 
m

I am just happy we are still continuing!    And apparently will still make St. Maarten (love that port).  Doubt we will make St. Thomas..but no big deal.  😉  

Enjoying our time on board..while we still have it.  🙂

• Like 3