MedallionClass - credit card?

phabric

For my May 28 and June 4, 2022 cruises, I have my credit card information on MedallionClass app, it shows green check..  I purchased On Board Services on my Personalizer with the same card  and the same day I tried to purchase Medallion Net with the same card and it said “ card failed”.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, re added card information a few times.  It still would not let me purchase the Net.

I called “ Live Chat” and she asked some personal information which they should have as green on app.  She suggested to relaunch and try.  I asked “what is relaunch” is that uninstall and reinstall , she said - you can try that.  I installed/reinstalled and added card information again, still “card failed”.  She say call Customer Service which I did and the phone hung up on me.

The only thing I can think of, I have a cruise for Nov 9-23, 2023 and my card expires in Nov 2023.  When I tried to add card information for that cruise, it says needs card that needs a later expiry date for that cruise even through Visa says card is good until end of Nov.

Any idea what to do?

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Very likely it is the card expiry date.  You should be able to request a new card from the supplier which will have a later date.  You've got plenty of time.  Don't take chances with a card that is that close to expiring. (Just my opinion...)

The cruise is May 2022 and card expires Nov 2023.

Princess accepted my card expiring Nov 2022 for purchases on my Personalizer.

Edited by phabric

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

The cruise is 2022 and card expires 2023.

Sorry, I misread that info! Apologies.  In that case I am at a loss. I've had issues with a card before...I just went to guest services on board and they cleared it up on the spot. That doesn't help you out right now,  I realize...

First line, “For my May 28 and June 4, 2022 cruises”

Last paragraph- I have a cruise for Nov 9-23, 2023.

Thanks for your help.  It is strange issue since I am able to purchase from my Personalizer with my card.

I will contact my Visa in Oct 2023 to get a new card before my Nov 2023 cruise.

When I pay final payment in Feb, I will ask my agent to add Net to my cruises.

phabric, did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same trouble: just reserved and successfully paid for specialty restaurant, then tried minutes later to buy Medallion Net with same CC--unsuccessful.

2 minutes ago, momK said:

phabric, did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same trouble: just reserved and successfully paid for specialty restaurant, then tried minutes later to buy Medallion Net with same CC--unsuccessful.

I have tried a few more times with the same results - card failed.

I am going to ask my agent to book for me.

I’ve tried to purchase the wi-Fi package & I get an error message. I’ve been on Chat & they say everything is OK. I’ve reinstalled my CC with the same error message. I’ll call Princess to see if they can do something & figure why I get this error message. 

Tom😀

FYI for those who  try to book somethin using a Visa card.  For some reason certain bank Visa cards will reject a payment because you are purchasing a product somewhere different than your home area.  I have called Visa about this and the person stated that its a software program that rejects payments to protect the card user.  I never had an issue with American Express Card, just the Visa card.  This may or may not be the reason phabric's card was rejected

53 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

FYI for those who  try to book somethin using a Visa card.  For some reason certain bank Visa cards will reject a payment because you are purchasing a product somewhere different than your home area.  I have called Visa about this and the person stated that its a software program that rejects payments to protect the card user.  I never had an issue with American Express Card, just the Visa card.  This may or may not be the reason phabric's card was rejected

It is straight that I was able to purchase on Personalizer on the same day I tried to get the Net using the same card that Princess has.

Maybe it is the app causing the problem with the card.

Many years ago when I used my Visa to purchase items from another country online, a pop up verification section from Visa would show and once I completed it the purchase went through.

Now the credit card companies have a different way to verify the purchases.

12 hours ago, momK said:

This indicates a MC App system bug and not your CC info since it worked for a SD booking.