Cruise with confidence extended…book by March 31, 2022

cruisestitch

I can't get the "learn more" to open. Has the FCC apply by date changed, please? I am concerned that I have to apply FCC, which I don't yet have officially, by May 31. I have been notified of amounts of FCC and funds back to Visa but not the "official" FCC. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I can't get the "learn more" to open. Has the FCC apply by date changed, please? I am concerned that I have to apply FCC, which I don't yet have officially, by May 31. I have been notified of amounts of FCC and funds back to Visa but not the "official" FCC. 

“Apply by” and “sail by” dates are now 12/31/22 or one year from original sail date.

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This just in

6B790D02-79EC-4AD1-B8DC-60CBF9853A6D.png

Is this notice to travel agents only? 

It looks like Celebrity has extended the deadline to book a cruise and still be covered by CWC????

I ask b/c I looked over the policy a day or so ago as I was preparing to cancel our upcoming Edge sailing. I thought, in order to be covered by CWC, we had to book a cruise by the end of this month (January 31,2022) and sail by the end of this year (December 30,2022) OR your cancelled sail date whichever is later. It looks from this notice CWC is applicable to sailings by the end of this year as long as they are booked by end of March 2022.

BUT...

When I look at the public Celebrity site the small print in CWC states

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before March 31, 2022, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and September 30, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. If the guest cancels an eligible booking before the 48-hour cut-off and elects to receive a CWC FCC:

Maybe Celebrity has not updated their site?

6 minutes ago, Pickels said:

BUT, you can’t extend an existing FCC one year from original sail date.  

True.

In practice, there are probably two answers, one if you are canceling a cruise that has an FCC applied and another if you are cancelling one with no FCCs applied.

Their wording is probably to cover the first example where you would be limited by that first FCC.

mac_tlc

39 minutes ago, RollWave said:

Is this notice to travel agents only? 

It looks like Celebrity has extended the deadline to book a cruise and still be covered by CWC????

I ask b/c I looked over the policy a day or so ago as I was preparing to cancel our upcoming Edge sailing. I thought, in order to be covered by CWC, we had to book a cruise by the end of this month (January 31,2022) and sail by the end of this year (December 30,2022) OR your cancelled sail date whichever is later. It looks from this notice CWC is applicable to sailings by the end of this year as long as they are booked by end of March 2022.

BUT...

When I look at the public Celebrity site the small print in CWC states

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before March 31, 2022, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and September 30, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. If the guest cancels an eligible booking before the 48-hour cut-off and elects to receive a CWC FCC:

Maybe Celebrity has not updated their site?

Your last sentence is probably true. Policy has been changed this week as stated by others. 

I personally think this is all getting ridiculous (or has been for some time).

Simple:

1) refund people's money if they want it

or

2) issue a true FCC for those that opt for it, with much longer open dates for using the FCC (say 3 years?).  After all it is our money right?

• Like 5

I'm confused. (Which isn't hard these days)

Let's say I cancel a cruise for Feb. 11, 2022.

It was paid for the regular way - NOT by old FCCs.

The old rules were (I think) that I had to use the money from the 2022 cruise for a cruise that departed before Feb. 11, 2023.

The new rules are that I just have to APPLY my FCC from the 2022 cruise to a new cruise by December of this year? Sail date any time in the future? ???????????

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I personally think this is all getting ridiculous (or has been for some time).

Simple:

1) refund people's money if they want it

or

2) issue a true FCC for those that opt for it, with much longer open dates for using the FCC (say 3 years?).  After all it is our money right?

I agree with everything you state!

I understand Celebrity is a business and not in control of Covid however they have many very loyal customers who put up money during uncertain times. I know the opinions on this (everyone has one - right) are varied but I would like to have the parameters for using the FCC expanded. I put my money up and would like some flexibility to use it in the future. It is stressing my out trying to figure out my future schedule and my FCC and deadlines!

• Like 1

So it sounds like we don’t need to use our FCC’s before the end of May anymore…which is a relief because we have a Greek cruise this year and I was getting worried about paying final payment without the Cruise with Confidence program in effect.

30 minutes ago, amwdaw said:

Now confused. We have a transatlantic cruise booked for October 2022, are we now covered with cruise with confidence? Not a FCC.

We do also (Oct 2022 TA), plus a Bermuda cruise scheduled for July 2022. I'm not sure what Celebrity is offering. No even considering canceling this early, but I am curious.

BTW, I have non-Celebrity insurance on all three of my currently scheduled Celebrity cruises. I expect to be able to sail all three.....at least I HOPE we can!😎

Doug

On 1/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, ncgolferette said:

Beyond sailings now included.

Is this in the small print somewhere? Do you know when this changed?

I wanted to book Beyond with a FCC and was told NO by Celebrity last week. Have not booked anything yet - the Beyond sailing is still the one I would like to book with FCC.

20 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We do also (Oct 2022 TA), plus a Bermuda cruise scheduled for July 2022. I'm not sure what Celebrity is offering. No even considering canceling this early, but I am curious.

BTW, I have non-Celebrity insurance on all three of my currently scheduled Celebrity cruises. I expect to be able to sail all three.....at least I HOPE we can!😎

Doug

Thanks Doug. Have not obtained trip insurance yet but will soon. Was hoping X would extend CWC tell end of year. I guess that’s not happening! At least not yet!

37 minutes ago, amwdaw said:

Thanks Doug. Have not obtained trip insurance yet but will soon. Was hoping X would extend CWC tell end of year. I guess that’s not happening! At least not yet!

Look at the link in post #21, a quick look makes me think we are covered, but I am not sure....more research is required. However, my cruises are pretty far from today, so I know things will likely change many times before I see the ocean from the deck of a ship.

Below is a snippet from the bottom of that link I read today 1/15/2022.  Bold/underlined text added my me.....

"Applicability

• All existing bookings and new bookings made by March 31, 2022 will qualify for the Best Offer Guarantee and the ability to cancel in exchange for a Future Cruise Credit, 48 Hours Prior to Sailing.."
Edited by PaperSniper4

On 1/14/2022 at 9:34 AM, chamima said:

I'm confused. (Which isn't hard these days)

Let's say I cancel a cruise for Feb. 11, 2022.

It was paid for the regular way - NOT by old FCCs.

The old rules were (I think) that I had to use the money from the 2022 cruise for a cruise that departed before Feb. 11, 2023.

The new rules are that I just have to APPLY my FCC from the 2022 cruise to a new cruise by December of this year? Sail date any time in the future? ???????????

So now I have a question about my question. (SORRY!)

Say we have a cruise booked for February 13, 2023. Originally I called Celebrity and asked if my FCC from February 11, 2022 (2 days more than a year) could be used to pay for the 2023 cruise and was told "Of course, no problem". Now it looks like the wording (below) on the new CWC program changes that. 

Any chance I have a leg to stand on from that previous assurance?

•  

NEW Cruise With Confidence FCC Applicability- Effective January 13, 2022

• ALL MARKETS – All new and existing FCCs issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy must be used (applied and sailed) on or before, 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date.
  • Effective January 13, these new usage parameters will apply to all FCC types both existing and new.
  • Additional Details: FCCs are stackable. Multiple certificates may be redeemed per person on the same reservation.
Edited by chamima

27 minutes ago, chamima said:

So now I have a question about my question. (SORRY!)

Say we have a cruise booked for February 13, 2023. Originally I called Celebrity and asked if my FCC from February 11, 2022 (2 days more than a year) could be used to pay for the 2023 cruise and was told "Of course, no problem". Now it looks like the wording (below) on the new CWC program changes that. 

Any chance I have a leg to stand on from that previous assurance?

•  

NEW Cruise With Confidence FCC Applicability- Effective January 13, 2022

• ALL MARKETS – All new and existing FCCs issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy must be used (applied and sailed) on or before, 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date.
  • Effective January 13, these new usage parameters will apply to all FCC types both existing and new.
  • Additional Details: FCCs are stackable. Multiple certificates may be redeemed per person on the same reservation.

Did you already get the FCC's applied, with a confirmation from X? If so, I can't imagine they would reverse them and tell you they are void now.