Final Payment Date?

bigbeergut

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned Celebrity last Friday asking for an extension on FP date which was last Sunday.  Answer was no, so I told them to cancel the cruise.  You'd think they would rather have the cabin filled when they must be desperate for money.  I was also told I would receive a FCC in about 6 or 7 weeks.  I thought when you cancelled before FP was due you got your money back to the original form of payment.

15 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I phoned Celebrity last Friday asking for an extension on FP date which was last Sunday.  Answer was no, so I told them to cancel the cruise.  You'd think they would rather have the cabin filled when they must be desperate for money.  I was also told I would receive a FCC in about 6 or 7 weeks.  I thought when you cancelled before FP was due you got your money back to the original form of payment.

Was your reservation refundable or non-refundable?

47 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I just logged into my booking for this May, & my final payment date has been extended by 30 days...  which I'm quite pleased about...  last week final payment was due early February, & has now been extended to mid-March.  🙂

Thanks for this information just checked ours for beginning of May & our payment date has also been extended.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

If your deposit was refundable and you cancelled before final payment, yes, you should be getting the entire amount refunded. Thanks to those sailing in May who said their FP was extended. I will have my TA check for May 16.  Mine due tomorrow for May 6 was NOT extended. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

If your deposit was refundable and you cancelled before final payment, yes, you should be getting the entire amount refunded. Thanks to those sailing in May who said their FP was extended. I will have my TA check for May 16.  Mine due tomorrow for May 6 was NOT extended. 

Strange as our cruise is May 3 & it was extended, nothing from Celebrity yet but checked My Cruises & it was changed.

16 minutes ago, 39august said:

3 minutes ago, If only said:

Strange as our cruise is May 3 & it was extended, nothing from Celebrity yet but checked My Cruises & it was changed.

I wonder if the region you are sailing in makes any difference?  Ours was Med/Adriatic 🙂

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

I wonder if the region you are sailing in makes any difference?  Ours was Med/Adriatic 🙂

Ours is Pacific Coastal, I would assume all would be changed if not today then tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I just logged into my booking for this May, & my final payment date has been extended by 30 days...  which I'm quite pleased about...  last week final payment was due early February, & has now been extended to mid-March.  🙂

What do you do to see your final payment date online?

thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, jjikids said:

What do you do to see your final payment date online?

thanks in advance.

If you booked directly with Celebrity, log into the website, open your CP, click on manage reservation and click on reservation details. You'll see your cruise cost, balance owed and finial payment due date. 

Edited by davekathy