Does Princess Call Center ever answer?

logan25

13 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Just wondering.  I’ve tried holding three times today.  Each time for an hour.

It’s been my experience that calling as soon as they open results in the shortest wait times.

Hours:

0600-1800 PT (weekdays)

0800-1700 PT (Saturday)

Sales:

0600-1900 PT (weekdays)

0800-1700  PT (Saturday & Sunday)

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Edited by Astro Flyer

There are many out of work ill everywhere. Long lines and wait times.

Depending on your concern, if you sail with Princess regularly, consider getting a 

CVP for your needs. Some are wanting, some are outstanding. They have a direct line and email.  Call 1-800-901-1172 to be assigned. I wish I could refer you to ours.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, logan25 said:

Just wondering.  I’ve tried holding three times today.  Each time for an hour.

Not sure what's going on with Princess, in the last month I have had no trouble getting through to other cruise lines, I been able to get through right away with Celebrity and HAL. I do have a personal cruise consultant with Princess and booked 2 cruises with her last Nov and again on a Christmas cruise on the Carib. Princess.

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

Not sure what's going on with Princess, in the last month I have had no trouble getting through to other cruise lines, I been able to get through right away with Celebrity, MSC and HAL. I do have a personal cruise consultant with Princess and booked 2 cruises with her last Nov and again on a Christmas cruise on the Carib. Princess.

I haven't been able to get through as well. I have been trying different times of the day. I even called first thing in the morning. I am frustrated. 

Calling because we had a free specialty dining perk on our cruise next month and now it seems to have vanished. 

I will try the chat next. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, mtnesterz said:

consider getting a 

CVP for your needs. Some are wanting, some are outstanding. They have a direct line and email.  Call 1-800-901-1172 to be assigned. I wish I could refer you to ours.

That would be someone sat in a different area of the call centre

56 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We use a TA.  Not sure I would ever have a need to contact the cruise line directly.  That's why she (the TA) earns the big bucks...to handle that stuff.

I don't know about you, but my TA doesn't earn "big bucks" from booking me Princess cruises, especially the amount of time she needs to be on hold for Princess.  I show appreciate for her services in other ways.  The last 2 years have been very difficult for anyone in the travel industry.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't know about you, but my TA doesn't earn "big bucks" from booking me Princess cruises, especially the amount of time she needs to be on hold for Princess.  I show appreciate for her services in other ways.  The last 2 years have been very difficult for anyone in the travel industry.  

Some people seem to think they can take up an unlimited amount of their TA's time and their TA would still be making loads of money.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

so how much does your TA make on a simple 7 day RT cruise fare of $2,000 , that you book, then transfer to them ? - then how much do they rebate back to you in the form of fare discount or OBC ?

25 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so how much does your TA make on a simple 7 day RT cruise fare of $2,000 , that you book, then transfer to them ? - then how much do they rebate back to you in the form of fare discount or OBC ?

Ive no idea if this is accurate but i was curious a while back and did a little research. From what I could find, which as i say, who knows if it is correct, the figures I found were that an established agent would take a commission of around 10%. A less established agent would be taking 6-8%. That's not a lot of their time before you're costing more than what they are going to earn from your cruise.

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

That would be someone sat in a different area of the call centre

I see that you are in the UK. I will say that Princess main offices are in Santa Clarita, California, north of Los Angeles. My CVP works from home in Encino, CA, in the San Fernando Valley, also north of Los Angeles. We live to the west, no matter exactly where. We have gone hiking with him in the mountains that separate the San Fernando Valley from Los Angeles. I assure you, we have talked about the present situation. For the most part, they are all working from home and few actually work in the corporate offices.

This is only human nature. When you have friendship with someone, they will work for you and connect with your questions. And you will help them too. As stated before I wish I could recommend him to you and others. But guidelines prevent that here on CC. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Ive no idea if this is accurate but i was curious a while back and did a little research. From what I could find, which as i say, who knows if it is correct, the figures I found were that an established agent would take a commission of around 10%. A less established agent would be taking 6-8%. That's not a lot of their time before you're costing more than what they are going to earn from your cruise.

Add in the cost of them to run a business (electricity, internet, phone charges, payment to company, etc).  I will not divulge what my TA's commission is, but, in my opinion, they must enjoy what they are doing to help others.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Some people seem to think they can take up an unlimited amount of their TA's time and their TA would still be making loads of money.

"big bucks" was in quotes.....as an expression.....

It is the job of the TA to handle your travel issues w/the carrier...that is why they are your agent.....I try not to bother our TA at all and like to be self sufficient....and use email when I communicate so she can save  requests for the one time a day they do manage to get in to the cruise line.  

I'd never call the cruise line if I booked with a TA...but I really cannot think of any real reason to call anybody after it is booked. 

50 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

"big bucks" was in quotes.....as an expression.....

It is the job of the TA to handle your travel issues w/the carrier...that is why they are your agent.....I try not to bother our TA at all and like to be self sufficient....and use email when I communicate so she can save  requests for the one time a day they do manage to get in to the cruise line.  

I'd never call the cruise line if I booked with a TA...but I really cannot think of any real reason to call anybody after it is booked. 

I can think of a few reasons to call after booking. The biggest is watching for price drops and new promotions. My best one so far was a $1200 drop on a Panama Canal cruise on NCL. I took a screenshot and called NCL fast. Back in the old days you didn't have to transfer to an agent until final payment. I'm sure that the cruise lines love folks like you that book and never look back. 

Now when I call I just put the phone on speaker and read a few chapters in whatever book that I'm reading. The key is adjusting to the times as they are today.

I stopped using an agent on my cheap cruises because it just isn't worth it to both of us with the extra hold times. 🙂

Edited by CruzDayz

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Correct - many agents didn't make any money for 18+ months. I know my agent worked really hard during those times rebooking clients on future cruises only to be cancelled and having to rebook them again. They have been hit really hard during COVID.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

My wonderful TA always writes us a rebate check after the cruise is over.  This time I am going to tell her to keep the check..  It will be my gift to her to thank her for all the good work that she has done.

DON

• Like 2