Quarantine

Pickels

I think I know the answer but, I'll ask anyway--- If someone tests positive on the ship, you get put into quarantine; in a particular deck, say Deck 3 and can't stay in your suite?  Is that true? 

Silhouette uses deck 3, outsides and insides, for their isolation deck, one hallway is used for crew, one hallway for passengers

however there have also been instances where people were simply confined to their staterooms, not moved to deck 3

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

There are sev

1 minute ago, Pickels said:

Sorry if a PIA; just wanted to see the game plans for quarantine/ isolation.   Thanks!

There are several interesting firsthand threads here that not only answer the original questions, but provide some great personal insights into the quarantine and isolation experiences.

Worth a read.  It hasn't been iniform, but seems to be improving 

58 minutes ago, canderson said:

There are sev

There are several interesting firsthand threads here that not only answer the original questions, but provide some great personal insights into the quarantine and isolation experiences.

Worth a read.  It hasn't been iniform, but seems to be improving 

Thanks canderson, have a great day!

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Sorry if a PIA; just wanted to see the game plans for quarantine/ isolation.   Thanks!

Quarantine is when you are in the testing process either as a close contact or symptomatic, this is done in the cabin you booked.  If you test positive, you go to isolation.  So quarantine and isolation are different.  It has been reported isolation is anything from an inside cabin to a balcony room.  I'd check info relative to the ship you are sailing on.  

I wish they would consider break this down into three categories....  quarantine for close contact your own cabin, step one isolation for those who test positive..but either asymptomatic or light symptoms... in room with veranda.. and step two isolation for those with more significant illness... close to medical..eg deck 3.  I think that taking people with minor symptoms and sticking them in an inside or even ocean view (porthole)... is what keeps people from considering sailing right now. If you are really feeling sick... you need to be in closer proximity to care and will likely have less issue to being stuck in your cabin. If you are feeling reasonably good but test positive.. a veranda will help take some of the sting out of it.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kearney said:

I wish they would consider break this down into three categories....  quarantine for close contact your own cabin, step one isolation for those who test positive..but either asymptomatic or light symptoms... in room with veranda.. and step two isolation for those with more significant illness... close to medical..eg deck 3.  I think that taking people with minor symptoms and sticking them in an inside or even ocean view (porthole)... is what keeps people from considering sailing right now. If you are really feeling sick... you need to be in closer proximity to care and will likely have less issue to being stuck in your cabin. If you are feeling reasonably good but test positive.. a veranda will help take some of the sting out of it.  

I think another category now includes the people who feel slightly off or have very mild cold symptoms.  And decide not to get tested for fear of quarantine or isolation.  How many folks are walking around the ship with this situation?  I'll bet more than a few.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I wish they would consider break this down into three categories....  quarantine for close contact your own cabin, step one isolation for those who test positive..but either asymptomatic or light symptoms... in room with veranda.. and step two isolation for those with more significant illness... close to medical..eg deck 3. 

Because the crew are tested weekly, and because their crew numbers are already getting hammered by omicron, they won't want people in their own cabins where crew are chasing all over the ship in PPE trying to service them.  I agree it would be the correct solution, but if the lines want to approach omicron with zero-COVID solutions more appropriate to delta, everyone - lines and passengers - will continue to suffer... more from the mitigation efforts than the disease.

As I've said elsewhere, it's time to revisit protocol objectives.  The current situation is likely to become untenable very soon, if it isn't already.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/norwegian-cruises-covid-cancellation

Edited by canderson

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think another category now includes the people who feel slightly off or have very mild cold symptoms.  And decide not to get tested for fear of quarantine or isolation.  How many folks are walking around the ship with this situation?  I'll bet more than a few.

There are plenty in that category.