Park cafe Harmony of the Seas

Laurie997

Hi there. For anyone who has sailed lately after 12-5-21 and who have eaten at the Park Cafe and has had the roast beef sandwiches, can you tell me has the beef been RARE? When we sailed on 12-5-21 the beef was so rare my husband chocked and was sick for 3 days. We have sailed before on oasis and it was never that rare. Just curious. The sandwich is amazing but rare is icky.  Thank you for all your help!

Lorraine

• Haha 1

Whatever answer you get on here people are going to say your husband didn't get sick from the rare beef, they are going to say he got sick from something else before he boarded the ship.

Because that will mean Royal did something wrong and that is not a nice thing to say about Royal on these boards.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

If I don't think the beef is cooked enough where's he slicing, I ask him to give me a few pieces from the end......but I'm a medium rare kind of guy and that's the way we had it on the Harmony in Oct & Dec. Will be back in Feb to enjoy again. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Laurie997 said:

Hi there. For anyone who has sailed lately after 12-5-21 and who have eaten at the Park Cafe and has had the roast beef sandwiches, can you tell me has the beef been RARE? When we sailed on 12-5-21 the beef was so rare my husband chocked and was sick for 3 days. We have sailed before on oasis and it was never that rare. Just curious. The sandwich is amazing but rare is icky.  Thank you for all your help!

Lorazepam 

Why even eat it if it was too rare ??   You watch them make it. 
you can look at it before you eat it.   I’m confused.    
Such icky posts on here sometimes.   

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Whatever answer you get on here people are going to say your husband didn't get sick from the rare beef, they are going to say he got sick from something else before he boarded the ship.

Because that will mean Royal did something wrong and that is not a nice thing to say about Royal on these boards.

I love Royal and only sail Royal 

20 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Why even eat it if it was too rare ??   You watch them make it. 
you can look at it before you eat it.   I’m confused.    
Such icky posts on here sometimes.   

I was just asking a question that’s all. On oasis it was not like that and even pinnicale members were complaining geeezzzz

• Haha 1

Just now, Laurie997 said:

I was just asking a question that’s all. On oasis it was not like that and even pinnicale members were complaining geeezzzz

well if even pinnacle members were complaining...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CruiszBug said:

Rare beef is okay... sounds like your husband got RAW beef or Blue? I agree for a sandwich that is bleh!

Thank you. I was just curious we sail Sunday on Harmony. We love park cafe and is usually the first place we go ❤️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laurie997 said:

So he couldn’t look at his sandwich and say oh that’s too rare ???? And get another one.    No one forced him to eat it.    
oh if pinnacle was complaining it must have been rare.   Lolol.  Geeeez.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mine on embarcation day 1/16. Was medium rare, but cut closer to the end than middle.  You need both spicy mustard and horseradish on the kummelwek roll.

I  have had a very rare one in the past, maybe on the Symphony. 

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 2

I’ve had this sandwich many times on HOS and I ask for the cut I want.  If it’s too rare. I as for a different cut.  Never an issue always a good snack.   And I’m not pinnacle.     

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

oh if pinnacle was complaining it must have been rare.   Lolol.  Geeeez.  

I think she was referring to them as the cheerleaders of Royal..........and if they were complaining it must have been REAL BAD  because they usually think Royal does everything outstanding and never  does anything wrong.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think she was referring to them as the cheerleaders of Royal..........and if they were complaining it must have been REAL BAD  because they usually think Royal does everything outstanding and never  does anything wrong.

rah rah sis boom bah, GO PINNACLES!

• Haha 1

You went on a cruise a month ago and got a piece of rare meat on a sandwich.

And now you are asking if the meat on the ship is still cooked too rare.

Do you really think every piece of roast is cooked the exact same way?

What sort of question is this?

Edited by matj2000
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Laurie997 said:

I don’t seem to understand what is wrong with my question. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

I told you, don't even suggest something done while onboard one of their ships.  lol

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They probably were complaining because the CK was not available to them.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And I for one, have actually have cruised in this decade😉

What's this statement have to do with the OP question, the sailing referring to was 6 weeks ago but whatever.

Edited by Jimbo