Independence Cancelled

orville99

They cancelled the 1/22 cruise because it was a 2 day cruise in between to charter cruises that cancelled. I have not heard of any other cruises on Independence being cancelled. We are sailing on 2/4 and 2/7 and have not heard anything

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just announced on local Orlando NBC affiliate (WESH) that RCL is suspending Independence sailings out of PC starting on Saturday 1/22. Did not have any further information on how long the suspension will last.

That was already announced.  Its 3 sailings of which at least one, possible 2 are charters and one is a 2 day sailing.  back up and running Jan 29th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not disagreeing with any posting.

However, my question is what source or media do we consider as valid,  nonbiased info? Where can we get valid ship sailing/cancel info?

Please, no war.

4 hours ago, Oxo said:

However, my question is what source or media do we consider as valid,  nonbiased info? Where can we get valid ship sailing/cancel info?

Please, no war.

What is invalid about the report of the cancellation? 

Others have opined that context is missing. What is the missing context that would lead one to think the report is inaccurate?

Why we’re the charters cancelled?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Others have opined that context is missing. What is the missing context that would lead one to think the report is inaccurate?

I believe the issue is it sounds like this was just reported, yet that sailing was cancelled I believe 5 days ago.  It didn't just happen today.

28 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Maybe the group got cold feet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oxo said:

Please, no war.

I think we all agree the info shared is accurate.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Does it?🙃

Oops, got that reversed😁

But it doesn't add anyway since Saturday trip was only two days. Unless the 29th is out now as well

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

LOL

Trust the company that's been telling customers that they're going to Labadee...

Royal notified me on every one of my booked sailings that had Labadee originally scheduled.

Screenshot_20220117-075244_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e03f541f60cadbe2b004c1e8d1de9d78.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Trust the company that's been telling customers that they're going to Labadee...

That's a different story, they don't say they are going to Labadee, they just won't cancel on a schedule folks deem acceptable. Once they commit to cancelling, then I would trust them.

• Like 1

This was announced 5-6 days ago. The charters on Jan 14 & Jan 24 cancelled. There was a 2 day sailing in between those on the 22nd. 

I am hoping the 29th still sails as I am on it.. and booked it the day before the 22nd was announced to be cancelled. LOL

17 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Are you going to Labadee soon?  You can go if you book this cruise according to RCI!

Trust them! 

Rah rah!

We all agree w/ you....try another line - or don't.

Edited by bucfan2