Possibly Silly Lapel Pin Question

kfnesq

So on our last cruise we skipped over Platinum and are now Emerald.  On our next cruise (in April), will they give us both the platinum pin and the emerald pin?  I know it seems kind of silly but I am excited to finally get to another C&A level and I like to have keepsakes from our cruises.  

2 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

So on our last cruise we skipped over Platinum and are now Emerald.  On our next cruise (in April), will they give us both the platinum pin and the emerald pin?  I know it seems kind of silly but I am excited to finally get to another C&A level and I like to have keepsakes from our cruises.  

if they don't automatically give them to you, ask the LA and you will get them both.

2 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

If you made emerald on your last cruise then you would be getting Emerald pins. If you want the platinum pins also go speak with the LA on the ship. 

• Like 2

An interesting note, we were on the Adventure last month on our first cruise after making Platinum.  We didn't find the pins in our cabin so went to the LA desk to ask about them.  (I know, they are just pins, but we kind of wanted them anyway)  The LA just reached in a drawer and handed them to us.  No checking of our name, C&A number, seapass, etc.  At that level they don't seem too concerned about someone faking it.  lol   

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Are you supposed to get the new pin on the cruise you reach that status or on the subsequent cruise?

We are D+ and have never gotten any pin. We did ask while on the Symphony TA in 2018 and they said they were out. I will say that our crystal block was on the bed the day we hit 140 points.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Are you supposed to get the new pin on the cruise you reach that status or on the subsequent cruise?

On the subsequent cruise, which is when your new status takes effect. You cannot reach a new stats mid cruise because all points are awarded at the end. Pinnacle is the exception. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paross4 said:

An interesting note, we were on the Adventure last month on our first cruise after making Platinum.  We didn't find the pins in our cabin so went to the LA desk to ask about them.  (I know, they are just pins, but we kind of wanted them anyway)  The LA just reached in a drawer and handed them to us.  No checking of our name, C&A number, seapass, etc.  At that level they don't seem too concerned about someone faking it.  lol   

He did the same for us in August.

16 hours ago, paross4 said:

It is not like the pin gets you anything. 😄

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BekkaW said:

On the subsequent cruise, which is when your new status takes effect. You cannot reach a new stats mid cruise because all points are awarded at the end. Pinnacle is the exception. 

I think it depends on who is at the desk.  We were platinum before our last cruise and didn't get the pins (or the welcome letter with the discounts) in our room, so went to the LA desk and asked.  He gave us the pins and told us to visit the LA desk DURING or next cruise when we will move to emerald (even though the points aren't awarded until a week after the cruise).  I specifically asked him again and he said to visit the desk "during" our next cruise and they will give us the emerald pins.

Like others have said, the pins really don't get you anything, but GAS (gotta add stuff) to your collection.  It would not surprise me if the person at the desk during our next cruise to tell us to wait until the following cruise.  I think it just depends on who's there at the time.  Then again, they don't get you anything, so maybe they just hand them out like paross4 mentioned.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, kfnesq said:

They missed giving us a pin, so we just stopped by the desk and they gave us them 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Do people still wear their loyalty pins on a cruise?  I’m Diamond but haven’t cruised in several years, but am scheduled for Adventure OTS next month.  Just wondering if I should bring my pin. 

What’s a lapel? What do you pin it to?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Do people still wear their loyalty pins on a cruise?  I’m Diamond but haven’t cruised in several years, but am scheduled for Adventure OTS next month.  Just wondering if I should bring my pin. 

If they do, it's personal preference. What you do again is personal preference. 

2 hours ago, Greektreats said:

I don’t.  Never have, never will.  I do get my free drinks 🍺 😂

Edited by topnole
  • Like 2