Proof of stock ownership

AliceS

1 hour ago, Skipper's Mom said:

HAL prefers that you fax your proof of CCL shares to:  206-281-0627.  I use this procedure that it works just fine.

Per the most recent form (for cruises thru 7/31/2022), e-mail is listed as a way to request the benefit.

The FAX number you quoted is not listed as a way to request the benefit.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Fax 206 270 6080
Email: World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com

1 minute ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Per the most recent form (for cruises thru 7/31/2022), e-mail is listed as a way to request the benefit.

The FAX number you quoted is not listed as a way to request the benefit.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Fax 206 270 6080
Email: World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com

Well, I used it recently on 12/24/21 and it worked.

2 hours ago, Skipper's Mom said:

HAL prefers that you fax your proof of CCL shares to:  206-281-0627.  I use this procedure that it works just fine.🙂

I sent in a PDF using email address I gave earlier for both a Nov 2021 and a Jan 2022 cruise.  I received a response back in less than an hour on the first request.  I sent the second one in on a Sunday and received a response back late the following day.  In the recent past I faxed the requests via faxzero.com to 206-270-6080.  This worked perfectly fine as well.  For me, the email is marginally easier and I will use it as long as they continue to publish an email address.

Edited by Jersey42

I have always emailed my request and have had no issues. Response time was always within a few hours but more recently it has taken anywhere from same day to 3 or 4 weeks. I usually just send the first page and the page of my brokerage statement and the page that list the CCL stock & I redact everything except my name/address & the CCL stock info. 

4 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

Is there an easy way to buy stock if you don’t have a broker? Thank you

You need to go through some brokerage but there are tons to choose from and many (if not all) allow you to open an account online and direct your own trades. 

OP: What’s the email address? I don’t have access to a fax.

Responses: ‘I faxed.’ ‘Here’s the fax number.’ ‘You are supposed to fax.’

OP: 🤦‍♀️….still don’t have access to a fax. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, catfluff said:

You missed the point of my post.

That we aren't allowed to discuss anything except for the one central focus question? The question was answered in the second post. Nothing more to see or learn here. Move on...

Probably over half of all threads would dry up if no other related topics could be discussed. Sounds like censorship.

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

That we aren't allowed to discuss anything except for the one central focus question? The question was answered in the second post. Nothing more to see or learn here. Move on...

Probably over half of all threads would dry up if no other related topics could be discussed. Sounds like censorship.

Exactly my point.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think, as a new member of Cruise Critic, that you may have missed the point of Cruise Critic. Its to communicate and learn stuff about cruising. Not to limit polite, helpful and appropriate conversation.

When do I get to not be a ‘new member’? After 18 years?

• Haha 2

Getting back to the OP's post we had an interesting experience with our request for Seabourn Stockholder credit (sent a few months ago).  Keep in mind that Seabourn is part of the HAL Group and co-located at the same offices in Seattle.  We sent the usual Fax (twice) for our Stockholder credit and got no response or credit.  We finally sent an e-mail to our cruise agent (who is very experienced and competent) and ask her to "please check on our shareholder credit."  It turned out that nearly all of the HAL Group staff were working from home and nobody was in the office checking on the fax machine.  The suggestion was that we e-mail a specific address (for Seabourn) and attach our shareholder documents.  The credit was acknowledged within a few hours.

My hunch is that HAL has a similar issue.  

By the way, we would suggest printing out copies of your fax and e-mail requests (with all the attachments) and taking it along on your cruise.  If the credit does not show on your onboard account within a few days of embarkation simply stop by the Guest Relations Desk with your print outs and ask for help.  The issue will be resolved within a couple of days.

Hank

Stock price is very low today.

I bought mine many years ago. 

I have two cruises booked for this year. I emailed my statement to the address someone mentioned above.
I included my reservation numbers.
In a couple days I received a reply saying that my OBC had been applied to both cruises.