Sky Princess Formal Nights

seahappy08

I see from your profile you usually favour Celebrity so if you dress the same on Princess as you did on Celebrity im sure you'll be fine. We've booked on Sky for 2023 out of S'htn. There are loads of formal threads you can do a search by forum. Hth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seahappy08 said:

We haven’t sailed Princess for a while. Sailing from Southampton. How formal is formal nights on board as it would be nice to dress up? 
What times do the shows start? What Specialty Resturant’s would you recommend?

Thanks.

Nothing preventing you from dressing up on any night of a cruise.  Enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Have found more dress to impress on formal nights on cruises leaving from UK - 

you will see everything. 

MDR has good menu those nights 

crown Grill & Sabatinis are nice , but I was less impressed with our meal & service in Sabatinis on the Sky Dec 2019  

We sailed from Southampton on Sky in October 2021.

I would say that at least 90% of the passengers dressed up for formal nights, with tuxedos for men being ubiquitous. Those that did not make an effort were conspicuous !

Both the Crown Grill and Sabatinis were excellent.  Food in the MDR was average.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrysalis said:

That was not accurate on the December 28th sailing on the Sky.  I didn't see shorts, tees, flip flops on any one at dinner, "dress to impress" night or not....with the exception of the first night in the Crown Grill....some wore shorts, but I can't speak to the MDR.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

In general I think people from the UK like to dress formally when given the opportunity. 

Indeed. 

The difference in dress standards on a Princess cruise from the UK compared to a cruise from the US is enormous !

• Like 1

Thank you all. Celebrity from ports outside of the UK is much less formal. We like the fact that because we did not have a flight people might dress more formally. Also because of Covid we have all been at home more and this will be a reason to dress up for a change!

Thanks