Switching JS rooms question

We have a JS booked for a cruise in March on Adventure. When I look at what is available for 2 people in a cabin, all of the JS are now sold out. I accidentally put in 3 people and a bunch of JS rooms popped up as available. Some of these are aft JS cabins, and I would love to switch to one of them. Would it be.a complete waste of time to call and see if they would let us have one of those available JS cabins? Or possibly add a third person to the reservation (who would end up being a no show)?

24 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We have a JS booked for a cruise in March on Adventure. When I look at what is available for 2 people in a cabin, all of the JS are now sold out. I accidentally put in 3 people and a bunch of JS rooms popped up as available. Some of these are aft JS cabins, and I would love to switch to one of them. Would it be.a complete waste of time to call and see if they would let us have one of those available JS cabins? Or possibly add a third person to the reservation (who would end up being a no show)?

The 2 person ones are usually J4 and the 3 or 4 are J3 which is priced differently

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

What's the price difference to what you have now and if you were going to book a JS for 3 persons?

Do the dummy booking with a child.

I did... it's about $500 more... I am considering it, but if there's a chance they would eliminate the 3 person requirement, I might wait a bit to see if we can get lucky and book with just the two of us.

Keep in mind that the lower deck aft JS cabins have less of a view the further down you go.  The balcony is still oversized, the view just gets worse the lower you are. (due to the design of the ship)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

There aren't any 2 person JS left to book, but there are 21 3 person JS open... and 8 of them are aft, so I am thinking they might want to fill those rooms... 🤞

I would only do it for the JS's on   the aft on deck 10, I would not make the switch to any of the deck 7 JS's aft cabins.

Deck 7 aft JS's are set back, kind of like sitting in a cave.

Would not want one on deck 6 either.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would only do it for the JS's on   the aft on deck 10, I would not make the switch to any of the deck 7 JS's aft cabins.

Deck 7 aft JS's are set back, kind of like sitting in a cave.

Would not want one on deck 6 either.

13 hours ago, GSRDPM said:

Keep in mind that the lower deck aft JS cabins have less of a view the further down you go.  The balcony is still oversized, the view just gets worse the lower you are. (due to the design of the ship)

I don't know... the extra space on the balcony compared to the regular narrow balcony might not be so bad... there's lots of room plus loungers on the balcony of the aft JS. I like to spend a lot of time on the balcony... and that space may trump the flaws of the superstructure.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I don't know... the extra space on the balcony compared to the regular narrow balcony might not be so bad... there's lots of room plus loungers on the balcony of the aft JS. I like to spend a lot of time on the balcony... and that space may trump the flaws of the superstructure.  

Down grade then and see if either Cabin 1388 or 1688 is available on your sailing, book it with 3 passengers.

The cabin is the size of a JS and the balcony has lounge chairs on it. Shade and sun depending how far  you put the chair toward the railing.

It will save you money going for a Category 3B rather then the JS you have now, cabin has plenty of room for the 2 of you.

How much are you paying for your current JS for the 2 of you? Pretty sure it will be less for a 3B with 3 passengers.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I did... it's about $500 more... I am considering it, but if there's a chance they would eliminate the 3 person requirement, I might wait a bit to see if we can get lucky and book with just the two of us.

Book it for 3.  Keep checking to see if they change the occupancy requirement and call and drop the 3rd person and get it repriced if they do.  Same as waiting and you lock in your cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the suggestions! We got a great deal on our side JS, including grats it's only $976 for the two of us. I looked, and 1688 would be available to book for 3, which would be $1608. The JS would be $1716 for three. I guess I need to decide if I want to take the chance on getting stuck with the price for 3 in the room, or wait and see if they allow bookings for 2. Our current JS is 1346, not sure if that is a different category (J3 or J4) than the aft JS rooms. 

Edited by erinsmom03

23 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions! We got a great deal on our side JS, including grats it's only $976 for the two of us. I looked, and 1688 would be available to book for 3, which would be $1608. The JS would be $1716 for three. I guess I need to decide if I want to take the chance on getting stuck with the price for 3 in the room, or wait and see if they allow bookings for 2. Our current JS is 1346, not sure if that is a different category (J3 or J4) than the aft JS rooms. 

That's to big of a price difference for a 4 day cruise. That JS price you got must be from a Lift and Shift back in 2020.  I would stick with what you have and do an aft cabin on another cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That's to big of a price difference for a 4 day cruise. That JS price you got must be from a Lift and Shift back in 2020.  I would stick with what you have and do an aft cabin on another cruise.

It is a big price difference, which is why I will wait and see if I can book for 2. 

Not a lift and shift, I booked this cruise Dec 2021, repriced and moved from balcony to JS on a few weeks ago. Just found a great rate and jumped on it... happens to be during our spring break week for work.

5 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

This shows how far back into the superstructure the deck 6 js are, definitely not for us.

photo.jpg

• Thanks 1

Does not hurt to call and ask. I was able to get an aft 5D balcony cabin (all of which are triple occupancy) for 2 people just by calling and asking nicely.

I would take a Deck 7 JS, but not a 6. I'm not as picky. That space is amazing.

• Like 1