Lawn Club Grill Burgers on Summit

W283386

My Celebrity App for my next Summit cruise shows something called "Lawn Club Grill Signature Burgers" being served on the last day in the Tuscan Grill.  It mentions a fee but the amount is not disclosed.  How are these burgers any better than what is served in Luminae or elsewhere around the ship?  What is the fee?

We had one on the Reflection.  They are huge and very good.  On the Reflection there was a few different burger options.   It was big enough to split.   We asked about doing that and were told we could but it would be the same price.   I think it was $25 and included a full salad bar and desert 

It was a lot better than the one in Luminae.   They also serve the Luminae burger on the Summit Retreat Sun  Deck.  It isn’t a large or as good as the one in Luminae.   I would swear that they got it from the Mast grill and probably would have enjoyed it more as it took them forever to serve it after we ordered it 

My opinion is Lawn a club the best followed by Luminae

Toss up between Lawn grill and Luminae Sun deck but I would give a slight edge to the Mast grill because they offer more topping and you will get it and the fries hot.  

This is my opinion and experience.  I am sure others may be different

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

24 minutes ago, miched said:

We had one on the Reflection.  They are huge and very good.  On the Reflection there was a few different burger options.   It was big enough to split.   We asked about doing that and were told we could but it would be the same price.   I think it was $25 and included a full salad bar and desert 

It was a lot better than the one in Luminae.   They also serve the Luminae burger on the Summit Retreat Sun  Deck.  It isn’t a large or as good as the one in Luminae.   I would swear that they got it from the Mast grill and probably would have enjoyed it more as it took them forever to serve it after we ordered it 

Toss up between Lawn grill and Luminae Sun deck but I would give a slight edge to the Mast grill because they offer more topping and you will get it and the fries hot.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅
==========================================================

One of the keys at the Mast Grill is to have them fresh cook one for you and keep an eye on when the frys are fresh out of the grease! 

Edited by rmalbers

1 hour ago, W283386 said:

My Celebrity App for my next Summit cruise shows something called "Lawn Club Grill Signature Burgers" being served on the last day in the Tuscan Grill.  It mentions a fee but the amount is not disclosed.  How are these burgers any better than what is served in Luminae or elsewhere around the ship?  What is the fee?

The Lawn Club is on Silhouette and Reflection.  The burgers are cooked over an open flame. Not sure how they would do that on Summit.  There is a fee for the Lawn Club both lunch and dinner.

4 hours ago, W283386 said:

they are not any better than those served at the mast grill

3 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The Lawn grill doesn't exist on the summit.  the special being discussed is kind of a one-off thing in Tuscan. Not any better than the mast grill in my opinion. Then again I didn't much care for the Lawn Grill on Millenium.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

The Lawn grill doesn't exist on the summit.  the special being discussed is kind of a one-off thing in Tuscan. Not any better than the mast grill in my opinion. Then again I didn't much care for the Lawn Grill on Millenium.

Has something changed?  The Lawn Grill is only on the S-Class ships (Silhouette & Reflection) if I'm not mistaken.  The Mast Grill is on the S-Class ships around the corner from the Mast Bar, one deck above the pool deck.  The M-Class has a burger bar/grill on the pool deck aft starboard side before you enter the area of the Oceanview Cafe.  

30 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Has something changed?  The Lawn Grill is only on the S-Class ships (Silhouette & Reflection) if I'm not mistaken.  The Mast Grill is on the S-Class ships around the corner from the Mast Bar, one deck above the pool deck.  The M-Class has a burger bar/grill on the pool deck aft starboard side before you enter the area of the Oceanview Cafe.  

Nothing has changed.  Lawn Grill only exists on Silhouette and Reflection.

The E Class have the Roof Top Grill which is similar to, but not the same as the Lawn Grill.  

On the Summit in December.  They offered a “Lawn Club Grill” lunch featuring various specialty burgers in Tuscan on the final sea day.  I believe the upcharge was $20 or $25.  I didn’t go so cannot comment on the experience.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

$20 or $25 upcharge for a hamburger? That better be some really fine burger. 

No upcharge when you have them at the actual Lawn Club Grill (on the Silhouette or Reflection).  I have no idea how they are making them on other ships, and I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money for one.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYdOz5fVMn4Hk73VgCmquF3aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643117599

(photo by turtles06)

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

No upcharge when you have them at the actual Lawn Club Grill (on the Silhouette or Reflection).  I have no idea how they are making them on other ships, and I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money for one.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYdOz5fVMn4Hk73VgCmquF3aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643117599

(photo by turtles06)

Isn’t the Lawn Club Grill an up charge? It was when we went a few years ago. 

11 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Isn’t the Lawn Club Grill an up charge? It was when we went a few years ago. 

The LCG is a specialty dining venue. As such, there's a set fee for the entire meal.  Apologies if I wasn't clear, but there's no "upcharge" for the burger at LCG.  (To me, the word "upcharge" means something additional to what you have already paid.)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Ok I know that is your opinion and food is subjective.  I'm truly glad you enjoy the Mast Grill burgers by the pool.  But any burger made in a restaurant on the ship, like Tuscan, Luminae, or Lawn Club,  or even the ones served in the MDR off the menu, are superior IMO than the pool burgers.  To each their own.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Ok I know that is your opinion and food is subjective.  I'm truly glad you enjoy the Mast Grill burgers by the pool.  But any burger made in a restaurant on the ship, like Tuscan, Luminae, or Lawn Club,  or even the ones served in the MDR off the menu, are superior IMO than the pool burgers.  To each their own.😀

yup. I say that because the Mast grill will cook o order. In any of the regular dining venues, they are often cooked to death and very dry. But, I prefer my meat almost raw and barely warm in the middle. I know this is not to everyone's taste.

If you like burgers at the Mast Grill, you like hockey pucks.  The burgers come in frozen and thrown frozen on the grill.  Not for moi.

The cost of a burger at  the Lawn Club had been $15 at lunch.  This is different from the lunch being offered on sea days which includes an abbreviated lunch menu. That price was $25.  Need to check the Celebrity Today.  

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you like burgers at the Mast Grill, you like hockey pucks.  The burgers come in frozen and thrown frozen on the grill.  Not for moi.

The cost of a burger at  the Lawn Club had been $15 at lunch.  This is different from the lunch being offered on sea days which includes an abbreviated lunch menu. That price was $25.  Need to check the Celebrity Today.  

I don't like hockey pucks but I do love me a good and greasy cheap burger sitting by the pool, slathered in mayo of course

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I don't like hockey pucks but I do love me a good and greasy cheap burger sitting by the pool, slathered in mayo of course

If you put enough grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish on those pucks, they taste really good.  I still cannot get an image out of my mind seeing those pucks sitting in a pool of oil before being served.