Is Sabatini’s currently closed on the Emerald?

jeno

Someone reported here that their reservation at Sabatini’s was cancelled and they thought it must be closed.  Do any current cruisers know if that is true and if so, for how long? We are on the Emerald beginning 2/12/22.  

1 hour ago, jeno said:

Someone reported here that their reservation at Sabatini’s was cancelled and they thought it must be closed.  Do any current cruisers know if that is true and if so, for how long? We are on the Emerald beginning 2/12/22.  

I hope not!  We board with you and will be onboard for 29 days.  Sabatini's is a favorite of ours.

We will be on the Emerald in Feb also.  Awhile back tried to make a reservation but couldn't.  I went to Princess website and found Sabatini's on deck 16 aft, however if you go on Ocean Medalion in Ocean Compass, I checked the deck plans and found now on deck 16 aft is Curtis Stone.  We stayed with our main stay and made our reservation in the Crown Grill.  

3 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

We will be on the Emerald in Feb also.  Awhile back tried to make a reservation but couldn't.  I went to Princess website and found Sabatini's on deck 16 aft, however if you go on Ocean Medalion in Ocean Compass, I checked the deck plans and found now on deck 16 aft is Curtis Stone.  We stayed with our main stay and made our reservation in the Crown Grill.  

The Curtis Stone restaurants, "Share," were removed during the covid shutdown.  

I just read on the roll call for the current Emerald cruise that Sabatini's was closed last week due to an electrical problem.  Let's hope it is resolved before we board!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

The restaurant on deCk 16 was Curtis Stone in 2019. Since the restart it was changed back to Sabatini's. Curtis Stone is no more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

The restaurant on deCk 16 was Curtis Stone in 2019. Since the restart it was changed back to Sabatini's. Curtis Stone is no more.

It just goes to show how updated the Ocean Medalion app is.  Princess website is up to date, but you cannot make a reservation on it.

I'm currently on the Emerald. Sabitini's is closed, has been for the entire cruise. Only specialty dining available now is Crown Grill and Gastropub. No info on if/when Sabitini's will reopen, but I assume it won't be during this trip (3 days remaining).

Edited by alanstarr
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ED49404 said:

It just goes to show how updated the Ocean Medalion app is

I’m scheduled to board Discovery in 60 days & the app doesn’t have the ship’s deck plans. They are available on their website but lack MDR names so there’s no way to know where they are located when making DMW reservations. Today it got even worse and shows being at sea for 14 & 24 days for both B2B cruises.

On Emerald right now. It is open.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, jeno said:

On 1/30/2022 at 9:18 PM, sueandkent said:

How far in advance of your cruise can you make reservations for  specialty dining? Can it be done via the personalizer or does it have to be on the app? Thank you. 

Elite & Platinum Cruisers have access to dining reservations as soon as they book the cruise, others have access after final payment. Pre-cruise reservations are made through the Medallion App. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Elite & Platinum Cruisers have access to dining reservations as soon as they book the cruise, others have access after final payment. Pre-cruise reservations are made through the Medallion App. 

Geez I can't seem to access that. I am both platinum and past final payment. 

On 2/1/2022 at 1:05 AM, Shelly97060 said:

Right now it probably doesn't make to much difference but as the ships get filled it will.