Does celebrity require you to be tested at end of cruise?

Cruisingrampy

X's website has info about required testing (go to the Healthy At Sea, Health & Safety FAQs). 

I'm doing a side-to-side with the 2nd leg on MSC.  According to the FAQs, I'm responsible for my own testing.  I plan on taking a test kit with me and *hope* the internet onboard will be sufficient.  If not, I'll have to test at the pier and cough up the cost there.

Of course, by mid-April, testing requirements may be totally different.  We'll see.

Celebrity does not require it. The people who need to test at the end of the cruise are those flying home to a country that requires it (Canada or UK for example) or going on a b2b. If you live in the US and disembark in the US, no test is needed.

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Today for Hawaii of course yes.  Only where required by ports.  Those requirements are subject to changes.  

So i dunno if youd know but would that mean the cruiseline would cover it if the state says its mandatory? As of now subject to change like you said

7 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Celebrity does not require it. The people who need to test at the end of the cruise are those flying home to a country that requires it (Canada or UK for example) or going on a b2b. If you live in the US and disembark in the US, no test is needed.

UK does not now require a test flying back home from the USA

7 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

So i dunno if youd know but would that mean the cruiseline would cover it if the state says its mandatory? As of now subject to change like you said

Probably no.  When Puerto Rico required testing, cruiseships simply cancelled.  Hawaii now requires either testing or vaccination.  Since all boarding Celebrity are required to have both that as on yesterday covers things.

This may have been answered elsewhere but can we get a PCR test on board a day before the end of our cruise? I assume we would have to pay for it. We  are doing another cruise a day after our Celebrity cruise.

Edited by lienf

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

LGW59, why do you say that the proctored test can’t be done on board?  I am planning to bring one with me to make my sideways transfer from one ship to another go more easily.  What is wrong with that plan?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as your wifi connection is strong enough to enable the video.

59 minutes ago, lienf said:

This may have been answered elsewhere but can we get a PCR test on board a day before the end of our cruise? I assume we would have to pay for it. We  are doing another cruise a day after our Celebrity cruise.

May I ask which cruise line or itinerary is requiring a PCR test to board? Most only require an antigen test. If it's another Celebrity ship, then you may be able to get it done on the ship. Otherwise you would need to get it done after debarkation, either pierside, or at a testing site in your debarkation city.

1 minute ago, mom says said:

May I ask which cruise line or itinerary is requiring a PCR test to board? Most only require an antigen test. If it's another Celebrity ship, then you may be able to get it done on the ship. Otherwise you would need to get it done after debarkation, either pierside, or at a testing site in your debarkation city.

We are doing an MSC cruise and currently it is required within 2 days of cruising. We get off Celebrity on May 6th and board MSC on the 7th. It might be tight to get results back in time if we get tested on the 6th. 

On 1/26/2022 at 10:09 PM, Cruisingrampy said:

Or could i bring a proctored test onboard and do it before finishing the cruise

No.  Celebrity's policy for disembarkation is "Don't Test, Don't Tell".  There is zero benefit for Celebrity to find out that you might have contracted Covid during your cruise if you are getting off the ship.  They don't want to know and they don't want to tell anyone that you tested positive onboard.  

3 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No.  Celebrity's policy for disembarkation is "Don't Test, Don't Tell".  There is zero benefit for Celebrity to find out that you might have contracted Covid during your cruise if you are getting off the ship.  They don't want to know and they don't want to tell anyone that you tested positive onboard.  

I really don’t understand this post. Celebrity would not know that I am doing the test in preparation for another cruise. They would not be in that loop.

And where did you ever see that “don’t test, don’t tell” is Celebrity’s policy?

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Doesn't matter what Celebrity knows or doesn't know. There is no reason he can't do the online proctored self-test while on board.