January 28, 2022 Panama Canal Full Transit - Live From Emerald Princess

Shelly97060

8 minutes ago, Capt Krunch said:

The CDC is still calling the shots, take a look at their web site: Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

To an extent yes, but all this testing is not being mandated by the CDC.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2022/01/14/cdc-cruise-guidelines-covid-program-voluntary/6510644001/

1 hour ago, Mikel1733 said:

1 test before flying, 1 test at dock, 1 test 2 days in, 1 test mid cruise, and 1 test at disembarkation?  5 tests seem overkill.  Making me rethink my May cruise on the Emerald.

Why?  The tests are not that onerous. Except for the 2-day pre-cruise test, they’re not costing you anything. I took the Emerald Princess’s first cruise after the shut down. We tested twice on board then, and I tested positive both times and had to stay in the cabin for another hour while a PCR test was done.  It was negative. And I still wouldn’t consider it onerous. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Why?  The tests are not that onerous. Except for the 2-day pre-cruise test, they’re not costing you anything. I took the Emerald Princess’s first cruise after the shut down. We tested twice on board then, and I tested positive both times and had to stay in the cabin for another hour while a PCR test was done.  It was negative. And I still wouldn’t consider it onerous. 

Glad it worked for you.    On the 2 tests where you had to do the PCR test what was the amount of time you had to spend in your room waiting?

1 hour ago, Capt Krunch said:

The testing has gone bonkers!  What good is it to be vaccinated?  Are we going to test everyone for the Noro after the Covid is over?  The CDC doesn't have a clue on how to handle this Covid or we wouldn't have to be going thru all thee hoops.  

As far as Noro, it has not killed 860,000 in the USA over the past two years.

Most of the onboard testing is probably because of port requirements to be tested within two days of arrival.

Even vaccinated people can catch (a much less serious case of) Covid and spread it to others, even when not showing any symptoms.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

We are on the 21st sailing

Ok. Enjoy! The UK has relaxed guidelines and I hope they will hold and/ or even become more relaxed. No testing upon arrival or quarantine in London.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt Krunch said:

The testing has gone bonkers!  What good is it to be vaccinated?  Are we going to test everyone for the Noro after the Covid is over?  The CDC doesn't have a clue on how to handle this Covid or we wouldn't have to be going thru all thee hoops.  

If this was the case, we would have had to do the same testing to board the 7 different Celebrity cruises we’ve been on so far. All we’ve had to do so far is pass the antigen test no more than 2 days prior to embarkation day, or the day prior to transition day if we’re on a B2B. Sorry, this is definitely a Princess thing.

• Like 1

We have a cruise on Oceania Feb 11. We have to bring the 2 day before negative test results to check in AND get another test at the pier before boarding.

AND testing on board if the port city we are visiting requires knowing if there is a certain percentage of cases on board.

It is what it is…

Waiting to get that negative test is like playing “testing roulette”. 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robbie555 said:

Just curious, were most of you watching the AFC and NFC championship games on the ship? 

Among the four remaining teams, which team seems to get the most fans?

Watched in our room as too sunny when game first started. Have seen people wit KC shirts but none with Cleveland. Of corse thats not saying the fans aren’t on board. 2nd game has started at 6:30

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If this was the case, we would have had to do the same testing to board the 7 different Celebrity cruises we’ve been on so far. All we’ve had to do so far is pass the antigen test no more than 2 days prior to embarkation day, or the day prior to transition day if we’re on a B2B. Sorry, this is definitely a Princess thing.

Thanks for the info, we like Celebrity and will take a look at their itineraries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikel1733 said:

Glad it worked for you.    On the 2 tests where you had to do the PCR test what was the amount of time you had to spend in your room waiting?

About an hour each time. The first time I showered for dinner and the second time I got out of doing laundry. My husband did it instead. Perks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Watched in our room as too sunny when game first started. Have seen people wit KC shirts but none with Cleveland. Of corse thats not saying the fans aren’t on board. 2nd game has started at 6:30

You probably didn't see anyone with Cleveland shirts cuz they ain't playin'.... 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

On the Emerald now and there are game shows every day including  trivia,  live music at night in some of the lounges and also in the atrium. Bingo and other activities are throughout  the day.   Have different types of entertainers so far at night and production show - Sweet Soul Music is tonight and hopefully Rock Opera on another night. It is an awesome show.  Missing two ports  which we knew about San Juan before leaving for this cruise. There were enough postings on other threads about missing Cartagena  that we knew the odds were against going there this cruise.  These two ports were closed due to their government’s concern about the virus

Thanks! I'm glad the other poster's report was not accurate and there's shows and activities.  Enjoy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I think this is because the Emerald is sailing 15 night itinerary and another ship with this test happy stuff does the Hawaii route.  Those used to require enhanced testing prior to Jan 15. It appears Princess is doing more testing than their posted revised protocol. 😞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

You probably didn't see anyone with Cleveland shirts cuz they ain't playin'.... 😉

How about  the other team in Ohio that starts with a “c” which is sort of close being both in Ohio.  No shirts for that team name either.  Guess they weren’t expected to win🤔

Had the first production show last night and very good. It was amazing that the dancers did all their  lifts, jumps and tumbling wearing their KN 95 masks. The 4 main singers naturally did not wear masks. There were 3 shows - 5,7,and 9. Supposedly, the 2nd show for this cruise will be Rock Opera. Hope so. The Captain did his welcome aboard toast from the bridge at 6:45. We were in the theater when he started talking. In Cartagena now waiting (anchored) to complete what is required for a far and distant port

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

How about  the other team in Ohio that starts with a “c” which is sort of close being both in Ohio.  No shirts for that team name either.  Guess they weren’t expected to win🤔

All the playoff games in the last two weeks were excellent. Truth be told I was rootin' for the Bengals.

• Like 4

Can someone aboard advise about the KN95 mask being provided by Princess.  Is there any indication on the mask where it was manufactured?  From what I am reading, the vast majority of the KN95's are manufactured in China.  I'm not usually the paranoid type, but I'm not crazy about getting or using anything regarding COVID that has been made in China.  Apparently from reports, taken with a grain of salt, many of the home test kits being mailed out to homes were also manufactured in China.  Thanks for any information.

• Like 1