Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

35 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Pictures of the North Star are so clear,

Looks like you all had a beautiful, sunny day.

First time going to Curacao for us, Is there a beach

close by the pier,

Looking for a beach to spend the day.

Thank you!

There is not a beach near the pier as the pier is in the harbor of Curaçao.  There are some beach clubs a short distance from the pier about a 10-15 minute cab ride.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

There is not a beach near the pier as the pier is in the harbor of Curaçao.  There are some beach clubs a short distance from the pier about a 10-15 minute cab ride.  

We're probably just outside the harbor. 

I've seen a European cruise ship past the pontoon bridge, but only once

1 hour ago, island lady said:

What do you use?  

At least I know I will have my own bottles I brought on board to refill....drinking one now after long walk in the heat and humidity of Aruba...and that big Grouper sandwich.  😉 

The cans of water on Allure were screw tops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

The self serve bottles of water is one of the best perks I have ever seen in an SL!!  Nice!!  🙂 

I was going to ask John about that photo of the soda/water fridge in the SL and whether it is standard issue for all of the SL's (in particular Quantum and Ovation) although I don't think those 2 sail down in your part of the world usually?  I have read on and off about soda/water being available in SL's.

It sounds like from your post that it's not necessarily a perk available in all SL'S?

Our next 2 cruises are booked in suites (our first time in one) so I was interested.

That's 'IF', and it's a big if (unbelievably) whether we have a cruising season down-under this coming season starting in September.  Hard to believe they may not go ahead with another season, fingers crossed they can bring the ships down here.

Really enjoyed your thread and the photos John and also your contributions island lady.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, it really looks delightful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so this is my SL Crescendo

Very tasty

20220202_165449.thumb.jpg.294da1a03e357c13b1965b3bc000f841.jpg

And this is the ingredient list from @barbeyg

Citrus vodka, peach schnapps, sour apple liqueur, melon liqueur, pomegranate syrup and orange oil.  YUM!!  

I'd think the green would come through more🤔

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Got my internet access changed to 2 device.

One for Pinnacle and one for suite. Easy call to Guest Services. Now i need to get the app on my phone to control the cabin environment.

Hoping Muhamad can help

Wait wait wait… in the suites we can control the cabin environment with an app?  Which app?!!  I must download! 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not really, but all 7 chapters tie into what happens in first 10 minutes. 

But then again, Showgirls is also just a bunch of numbers thrown together.

And Seriously, neither show is that much different than CATS if your looking for a story😉

So, did you like this show?   sounds like the book is like the GIFT was on anthem in that you had to really pay attention in the first few minutes or it did not make sense.

I won't get to see the book since I have cancelled my Odyssey cruise for something else. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Our breakfast head waiter in CK told us the little ship never goes anywhere.  😮  

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

26 years ago it was docked at the pier on Bonaire.  Didn’t go anywhere then either.  

The ship seems to be stranded.  I wonder if anyone is ever seen on the decks, or are they stuck inside?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The ship seems to be stranded.  I wonder if anyone is ever seen on the decks, or are they stuck inside?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were stuck inside all the time from what I have read about them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were stuck inside all the time from what I have read about them.

Have you seen Scientology and the Aftermath? It's on Netflix now and was shown on A&E originally. I thought it was interesting, but also very disturbing, but I love documentaries.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, so this is my SL Crescendo

Very tasty

20220202_165449.thumb.jpg.294da1a03e357c13b1965b3bc000f841.jpg

And this is the ingredient list from @barbeyg

Citrus vodka, peach schnapps, sour apple liqueur, melon liqueur, pomegranate syrup and orange oil.  YUM!!  

I'd think the green would come through more🤔

I thought it would too, but that is the color I remember. Can’t wait to sail Ovation now! 😁 Glad you enjoyed. 👍🏼You are making me miss Quantum class. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I will add that to my list of must try cocktails. Sounds wonderful. Can the other bars around the ship make this?

Some bars won’t because they don’t have the ingredients. Your mileage may vary. 😁 Nice kick to it too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I will add that to my list of must try cocktails. Sounds wonderful. Can the other bars around the ship make this?

No idea, two70 wouldn't make it.

Said it was an old cocktail🤔

• Like 1