Royal up bid acceptance: When did you find out?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, orville99 said:

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot more bid success stories as final payment dates begin to collide with shrinking bank accounts.

So is this where the pool of upgrades come from? When I was booking my cruise the only suite they had available was the Crown Loft Suite. I thought it was a bit odd to receive a Royal Up offer a few days ago to move up to either a Grand Suite or Owner's Suite when I didn't even have the ability to select one of those suites when I booked my cruise. 

1 hour ago, Kendall R said:

So is this where the pool of upgrades come from? When I was booking my cruise the only suite they had available was the Crown Loft Suite. I thought it was a bit odd to receive a Royal Up offer a few days ago to move up to either a Grand Suite or Owner's Suite when I didn't even have the ability to select one of those suites when I booked my cruise. 

Have no idea where the pool comes from, or if there even is a pool. We have won upgrades several times to suite categories that were not available when we booked, including CLS, GS, and OS, and with minimum bids when the same suites were still available to book online for thousands more than we bid. 

Edited by orville99

So I just received an email related to my Royal Up Bid on our cruise leaving in 3 days

I wasn't accepted or denied.

Anyone received this one?  What's the likelihood of acceptance now?

Did they send this in the hopes I would increase my bid?

ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Odyssey of the Seas®. While we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship is still reviewing, and may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time. At any time, you can check the status of your bid by visiting the RoyalUp portal www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade.

If you do not wish to be upgraded onboard, you may cancel your offer by clicking the below link and following through with the cancellation steps. You will be able to modify or cancel your bid(s) up to 2 hours before departure on embarkation day.

If you have not been contacted directly by departure time, your cabin has not been upgraded.

For any questions regarding the RoyalUp process or your bid, please stop by our NextCruise desk onboard.

22 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

So I just received an email related to my Royal Up Bid on our cruise leaving in 3 days

I wasn't accepted or denied.

Anyone received this one?  What's the likelihood of acceptance now?

Did they send this in the hopes I would increase my bid?

ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Odyssey of the Seas®. While we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship is still reviewing, and may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time. At any time, you can check the status of your bid by visiting the RoyalUp portal www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade.

If you do not wish to be upgraded onboard, you may cancel your offer by clicking the below link and following through with the cancellation steps. You will be able to modify or cancel your bid(s) up to 2 hours before departure on embarkation day.

If you have not been contacted directly by departure time, your cabin has not been upgraded.

For any questions regarding the RoyalUp process or your bid, please stop by our NextCruise desk onboard.

They are saying that you have a strong bid and that if passengers in cabins you bid on fail to show up for some reason, you may get upgraded to their cabin. 

My original booking was an balcony guarantee at an excellent 

price.  We were assigned cabin 6290 on the December 11th Odyssey sailing.  Several posters have warned against this cabin. It has a lifeboat in front of the balcony and is right above a restaurant, so noisy overnight. 

I had put in several upgrade bids which were all canceled when our cabin was assigned. It looked like the ship was sold out, but I submitted new bids a few dollars above the minimum. When I saw a few unobstructed balconies were available a week or so later,  I increased my bid by $15 for that category. According to the chart it was still a very weak bid. That same day - 15 days before sailing - we were moved to a lovely midship balcony on deck 8 and still got a great price. 

Edited by Patti72357
  • Like 2

I was just upgraded this morning from an inside cabin to a balcony. Our cruise is this Saturday on Serenade.  I had bid just over the minimum amount. Yesterday I got the email stating that we might be upgraded once we got onboard and then this morning I got the upgrade.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Royal Caribbean Blog recommends going *just* above the minimum.  I doubt it makes a difference but I understand why he said it.  If everyone bids the absolute min, $5 more should get it.   Going on HOTS in a few weeks, staying in an ocean view so I bid on 3, the best being a balcony for $120 more.  I paid 750+tax… the prices are so volatile I’ve never seen anything like it.  If I get it, it’s a steal, if I don’t, oh well.  I really hope I do though, I love a good story!!!

• Like 1

I was on Anthem last September. We had a junior suite put a low bid in for a grand suite. I had the email saying that the bid was unsuccessful. I was actually on board when the email came through. I’m on a cruise very soon but 2 bids in. Haven’t had an email yet to say if we have been successful or not. 

On 8/29/2023 at 3:07 AM, vnyislesv said:

Royal Caribbean Blog recommends going *just* above the minimum.  I doubt it makes a difference but I understand why he said it.  If everyone bids the absolute min, $5 more should get it.   Going on HOTS in a few weeks, staying in an ocean view so I bid on 3, the best being a balcony for $120 more.  I paid 750+tax… the prices are so volatile I’ve never seen anything like it.  If I get it, it’s a steal, if I don’t, oh well.  I really hope I do though, I love a good story!!!

where do you actually bid?

12 minutes ago, vnyislesv said:

Main page, log on.  Scroll a little and it says, royalup.  Right under your reservation.  16 days til sailing, still waiting to see if I get it!!

Got ya. Looks like this won’t show up before 30 days prior to sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

So just to follow up, I’m 2 days from heading out and they pulled the royalup area when I log in so I can’t see it anymore.  I’m not a dummy and I’ll assume I didn’t get anything but there wasn’t an email or any correspondence saying anything relating to winning/losing.

anyone else have this happen?

3 hours ago, vnyislesv said:

So just to follow up, I’m 2 days from heading out and they pulled the royalup area when I log in so I can’t see it anymore.  I’m not a dummy and I’ll assume I didn’t get anything but there wasn’t an email or any correspondence saying anything relating to winning/losing.

anyone else have this happen?

You will probably get the email/s tomorrow? You should receive one for each cabin type you placed a bid on. They usually come through the day before, but can be anytime up until 2 hours after sailing.

I found out August 16 that I was upgraded to the RS on Enchantment for our October 9 sailing. It had to be the same day we won it because I was checking every day for our suite guarantee assignment, though to this day I never got a notification email.

The timing was horrendous, as one day later would have have put the payment on a separate billing cycle as our final payment. Yikes…luckily August was an extra paycheck month lol. 

I was doing a b2b and we put a bid in on the 2nd leg.  I had forgotten about it until I went to the speciality dining maitre'd and asked to book reservations for the second leg.  Told them my room number, that I was already in, and he said "Mr. Jones"???? Ahhhh, no it's "Mr Smith".  I had never checked my emails after being on the ship and didn't know  😂.  From a Balcony to a GS.  That was exciting.  I had to ask the maitre'd  what room I was now in  🤣