Anyone booking for 2023?

bluemarble

Managed to book two 2023 transatlantics yesterday. The 8 night crossing in May, with the stop over in Le Harve, and the late December westbound crossing as since doing it last year I plan on making it a yearly tradition.

Anyone booking on the QE May 2023 Japan to Alaska cruise, please be aware that this itinerary now does not include Glacier Bay- this is a real shame since Glacier Bay was the highlight of my previous cruise to Alaska. The ex-Vancouver itineraries on the QE (particularly the longer ones) do provide excellent sightseeing in Alaska, much better than the standard 7 day ex-Vancouver/ex-Seattle roundtrips. Alaska is special and deserves so much more than just a 7 day cruise. 

Not quite ready to move our rebooked-rebooked cruise that now conflicts with a family wedding, but I went online to check the new sailings and it looks like there are no sheltered balconies on deck 4 and only a few left on deck 5 (where we actually wanted to be.) So I was wondering what's up with deck 4 and whether all the deck 5 ones will get snapped up? I was looked at Southampton to Quebec City or NYC to Quebec city in Sept of 2023.

12 minutes ago, kmerlin14 said:

Not quite ready to move our rebooked-rebooked cruise that now conflicts with a family wedding, but I went online to check the new sailings and it looks like there are no sheltered balconies on deck 4 and only a few left on deck 5 (where we actually wanted to be.) So I was wondering what's up with deck 4 and whether all the deck 5 ones will get snapped up? I was looked at Southampton to Quebec City or NYC to Quebec city in Sept of 2023.

I think the problem with getting a true feel for cabin availability on deck 4 for those voyages is that there are so many different segments involved with those September/October 2023 voyages to/from Quebec. There are numerous segments starting and ending in Hamburg, Southampton, New York, and Quebec itself. Keep in mind any given cabin can only be assigned to one voyage at a time from any set of voyages that overlap.

For example, there are many sheltered balconies available on deck 4 (mid-forward to aft) on the 7-night crossing Southampton-New York departing September 22, 2023 (M329E). There are also many sheltered balconies available on deck 4 (mid-forward to aft) on the 7-night voyage New York-Quebec departing September 29, 2023 (M330). And I'm seeing some of the same cabins available on both of those individual voyages. But I'm currently only seeing two (entirely different) sheltered balconies available anywhere on deck 4 (mid-forward) for the combined 14-night Southampton-Quebec voyage (M329F).

Hope this helps clarify the situation.

• Like 1

I moved our QV trip from August this year to one in September next year. Same cabin, same ship just different itinerary. Only had a sort wait on the phone and got more OBC and cheaper overall cost so very happy so far.

Here's the link to a Cunard press release issued today.

Cunard sees strongest bookings in decade with Summer 2023 itineraries

Quoting the first sentence:

"Cunard’s Summer 2023 itineraries, which unveiled over 150 new, international voyages, has seen a record-breaking first two days of trading, with demand especially strong for Grills Suites."

• Like 3

By now bookings would be open and I'd have booked my 2024 cruise (ideally Melbourne-Fremantle or vv on QM2) but I've already got my 2021, 2022 and 2023 cruises stacked up for Q1 2023 and am only giving them a 50% chance of going ahead.

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's the link to a Cunard press release issued today.

Cunard sees strongest bookings in decade with Summer 2023 itineraries

Quoting the first sentence:

"Cunard’s Summer 2023 itineraries, which unveiled over 150 new, international voyages, has seen a record-breaking first two days of trading, with demand especially strong for Grills Suites."

But is it actual corporate blah blah and not really "new" bookings but people using FFC or transferring a cruise under the "free transfer policy" from 2022 which is what we did.

• Like 1

After what feels like a great many years more than it has been, I finally put down a deposit on a September 2023 sailing with Queen Mary two. I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing in QG, which was too good to pass up. I’ll be introducing a friend to Cunard and their first ever cruise. Very excited to have finally started planning some overseas travel, the first time in 24 months. I just hope by the time I set sail all the restrictions will be a distant memory.

• Like 2

Well, we talked to our travel agent today!

AND

We have officially booked Cunard-Alaska 2023!!! 

After so many cancellations since the start of the pandemic (including our Alaska on Cunard for Alaska 2020) this is quite nice to finally have it on the calendar.

We are very excited. 

Cannot wait to sail on beautiful Cunard again.

Our favorite line!!!!!

• Like 5

April 2023 for us.  We were originally booked on a similar itinerary in Spring 2020; and after 4 cancelations I’m confident this time we’ll make it!

Does anyone know when the pre and post packages become available?

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, bluemarble said:

For example, there are many sheltered balconies available on deck 4 (mid-forward to aft) on the 7-night crossing Southampton-New York departing September 22, 2023 (M329E). There are also many sheltered balconies available on deck 4 (mid-forward to aft) on the 7-night voyage New York-Quebec departing September 29, 2023 (M330). And I'm seeing some of the same cabins available on both of those individual voyages. But I'm currently only seeing two (entirely different) sheltered balconies available anywhere on deck 4 (mid-forward) for the combined 14-night Southampton-Quebec voyage (M329F).

Hope this helps clarify the situation.

Sometimes deck 4 wouldn't' show up entirely--as if it didn't even exist. However, it's all moot because we just transferred the future cruise deposit to a Mediterranean cruise on the Queen Elizabeth in 2023, so we will be back on deck 5 on the one ship that I know my way around. My brothers in law are in Malaga so we hope to see them before we board. If that doesn't work, we'll just have to eat the deposit.