The Daily for Thursday 02/03/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon/evening.  I've been hopping around the Daily.  It's a full-time job house-training our new puppy.  He's working on it, but constant vigilance is essential. 👀  👀

Nice to see folks have new cruise bookings and some coming up soon.  Yaaay for that!

Wishing good things for all.  Thanks, Daily Team.  

• Like 18

28 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon/evening.  I've been hopping around the Daily.  It's a full-time job house-training our new puppy.  He's working on it, but constant vigilance is essential. 👀  👀

I’ve been down that road a few times and feel your pain.  

Good for you for being vigilant - the more vigilant you are the sooner he wll be trained 👍 Stay strong.  I know it’s frustrating when you start but you can do this !

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

Good Thursday, all,

Well, my attempt yesterday to calm things down certainly blew up in my face.  Henceforth, perhaps I’ll stick to the weather!

We did not get the Snowmageddon that was forecast.  We have about 5”, with a little more to come.  Thankfully, we did not get ice.  It’s just a nice pretty snow, as long as you don’t have to be out in it.

Yesterday I worked on 4 trips coming this year and next; it is so good to have the Travel Department back in business!

@kazu, so glad you had a long visit with Jose and found him to be improving.  Hoping you have many more.

Thank you everyone, be safe.

You did the right thing yesterday.  That topic should never have been brought up.

Be happy planning your trips.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I’ve been down that road a few times and feel your pain.  

Good for you for being vigilant - the more vigilant you are the sooner he wll be trained 👍 Stay strong.  I know it’s frustrating when you start but you can do this !

In our experience, the human gets trained  well before the pup.

(Gotta go. His Nibs wants me to throw his ball).

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

7 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Jim, HAL does not rent directly. They use Care Vacations and/or Special Needs at Sea, I think the information is in the Know before you go section .

I  checked it  out and  you were  right I got  all the  info I required.

Thank  you  for your  help.

Jim.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Just a quick check in. Sam went by ambulance to the hospital early last night with chest pains. No heart attack and no stroke but he has an overload of fluid which he’s been treated for this past week so they are keeping him and treating that. I’m exhausted and will check in later. I don’t think this is serious at this time.

Carol

8 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Just correcting my previous remark. I don’t think Sam is in serious danger today, but if he continues filling up with fluid, called congestive heart failure, I’m not sure what will happen and it’s very scary.

7 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I spoke too soon. Sam was seen by his cardiologist and is being sent home. Not that much fluid. Thankful 

Oh, how scary! Glad he’s coming home. 

• Like 8

Am very late posting today.  Appointment in town, then lunch, before returning home.  A very wet day.

Thanks to @richwmn Rich for the Daily thread, to @rafinmd Roy for the Care and Celebration lists, and thanks for the recipes, humour and photos.

@rafinmd Roy, what do you mean by saying you are "Green going to sleep"?

@smitty34877 that is good progress for Tana.

@mamaofami good that Sam is to return home from hospital.

@kazupleased that you have had another visit with Jose, good for you booking a cruise for next year. Something to look forward to.  Any news of Marley?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 9

My cruise for 2023 has just been cancelled, and now i have to decide whether i want the money back, or book another one, within X amount of time.  This is #3 of moving this cruise.  So, I was wondering if i could use the money and book a condo at our favorite land place but on the beach, and their website wouldnt work....I asked DH if the world was planning to end mid 2023.  This might be Gods notice that my and Dh's health needs a little attention, and not just jump the gun and get that money spent.

Oh well, off to look for a replacement cruise.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1