Celebrity rolls out hotel program ​🏨​ -- will Royal follow?

3 hours ago, little britain said:

RCI always used to do this - there were options for 1-2-3 night stays both pre and post cruise in most ports.

For those flying in from UK they were always put up in a hotel over night too in the US (other countries too).

If you were doing B2B on different ships that left a day apart I also recall you could get a hotel for that night too! 

Yes, thank you. Thought I'd remembered flying in, even across US and the being put up nite before. Still have 3 storage Tubs with all my paperwork, Tickets, Daily Planners, from every Cruise last 35yrs. Started sorting and throwing lot this stuff away last month

25 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

The price I’m paying for the hotel I booked myself for my April cruise is less than what celebrity offers. 

Where are you seeing the pricing? I booked today and haven't seen anything about Hotels By Celebrity on their website.

We stayed at a hotel through Royal in 2009.  It was the Doubletree in Miami.  Transportation to the port was included.  Price was discounted but it was one of the most expensive hotels in the area at the time.   Also, there were 3 bus loads of cruisers at the hotel and we all got to the terminal at the same time so we waited in long lines.  Check in took a lot longer then.

• 1 month later...
Royal Caribbean International launched a hotel booking engine to make it easier for vacationers and pre-/post-cruise hotel stays.

Royal Caribbean Hotels, powered by Priceline, offers exclusive rates with thousands of hotels in all of the line's departure and arrival port, including those in the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific and North, South and Central America.

Search options

Travelers who have booked a Royal Caribbean cruise can add hotel accommodations that are pre-filtered based on the number of travelers in their group, the sailing’s departure or arrival city and dates. Options can also be further customized by preferences, such as the hotel rating, amenities and specific location within the city.

Royal Caribbean Hotels is now available to vacationers in the US, Canada and Mexico, and their travel advisors. Travel partners can gain access on Cruising Power.

New Royal Caribbean hotel booking engine powered by Priceline (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Thanks 3

Have to be pretty lazy not so search for hotels outside of the Royal portal. I gave it a try and no option to include hotels that offer free or discounted parking while on your cruise or shuttles to the port and back. I don't see any advantage to booking with Royal/Priceline. 

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Have to be pretty lazy not so search for hotels outside of the Royal portal. I gave it a try and no option to include hotels that offer free or discounted parking while on your cruise or shuttles to the port and back. I don't see any advantage to booking with Royal/Priceline. 

It's possible that this program attracts cruisers who want the convenience of booking hotels, airfare and cruise fare all in one place. Add to this the ease of cancellation all with one phone call.  Even if you could get the same hotel room for lower by booking direct, in the case of having to cancel, Royal's booking system might be a better choice. 

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's possible that this program attracts cruisers who want the convenience of booking hotels, airfare and cruise fare all in one place. Add to this the ease of cancellation all with one phone call.  Even if you could get the same hotel room for lower by booking direct, in the case of having to cancel, Royal's booking system might be a better choice. 

I don't know. We were on our honeymoon in '94 on a Princess cruise and booked a package. We flew in the day before, and they put us up at a Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale. We checked in for the cruise at the hotel that evening, ate dinner there and took the bus to the ship the next day. They had a boarding day lunch for us when we arrived. It was very nice. :classic_biggrin:

Okay. So that was a long time ago. Pre-internet. It was not as easy to find and book hotels. I had cruised once before. But as new cruisers on our honeymoon, it was nice to have everything arranged. We wouldn't do it now, obviously, but someone cruisers might find it convenient. :classic_smile: