Royal Cancelled my cruise without me asking? cue italian anger

From what Royal and the travel agent told me there was a glitch where people that paid their balance at the end of the year were shown as not paid in full.  This has happened to several different people on my sailing.  

SO yeah.  Royal was at fault.

• Like 1

We had a similar experience with one of our two back2back bookings on Symphony this month.  Both were booked directly last September and paid in full in November.  We woke up one morning to several emails cancelling our first booking and related cruise planner purchases.  Called RC and the booking was restored but they told me to rebook planner purchases.  3 days later the booking and purchases all cancelled again.  Took several loooong calls involving repeated broken commitments to get the booking restored again.  And had to again re-purchase planner items.  E-docs only arrived 4 days before sailing.  Still waiting on refunds for twice cancelled planner items.  Second leg of b2b booking never had a problem.  Received 50 OBC for our troubles.  Frustrating to say the least.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

FINALLY.  Everything is restored correctly.  They gave me a few hundred in OBC to compensate me for my troubles.  

19 days and counting.

Sounds great that all is fixed.

Now the next question... how long will it take to calm the cued Italian anger?😉

Enjoy your cruise and have a great time. 

• Haha 1

I just went through the same nightmare. I booked a spacious 2br aquatheater suite back in 2018 - there's only two of those on the whole boat. I jumped on to book my wife a massage and the cruise was totally missing from my planner. Thinking it was just a minor technical glitch I sent my TA a message.

She called me back crying and apologizing, saying she was sick the day before and it was when final payment was due. She forgot to ask us for the money so Royal Caribbean dumped the reservation and another family had it snapped up in seconds. Customer service told us they would send us to resolutions but they WILL NOT cancel another family's reservation for us.

After 5.5 hours on the phone we got to a manager of resolutions. There was one 2br ATS that had been booked but there was no deposit or payment made for it yet. The manager called the travel agent who had the hold on the room and she told them the customer wasn't serious. So they let us rebook it and they let me have my price from 2018. They also accidentally gave me all of the onboard credit of the current promotion.

I'm not sure it was worth 5.5 hours of panic but we actually came out better because of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Well I thought everything was fixed.  Now they changed my boarding time to 2 pm and the party I am traveling with is at 11:30.  I have screen shots of the Correct boarding pass.  

Just ask them to save you a seat, you'll be fine

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Well I thought everything was fixed.  Now they changed my boarding time to 2 pm and the party I am traveling with is at 11:30.  I have screen shots of the Correct boarding pass.  

We arrived at the pier at our original time and explained what happened and had no problems.  They told us many bookings were hit by the system canceling bug recently.   Now they are struggling to figure out what happened to our twice booked and system bug canceled cruise planner refunds.  yikes!  

1 hour ago, Meekacat said:

We arrived at the pier at our original time and explained what happened and had no problems.  They told us many bookings were hit by the system canceling bug recently.   Now they are struggling to figure out what happened to our twice booked and system bug canceled cruise planner refunds.  yikes!  

Thats what my TA told me to do as well.  I have screen **** of the orioginal Boarding pass.  When I log into the app it says see you at 11:30 am.  SO heres hoping I am not stuck in a line for 2 hours.  

3 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

That's what my TA told me to do as well.  I have screen **** of the original Boarding pass.  When I log into the app it says see you at 11:30 am.  SO here's hoping I am not stuck in a line for 2 hours.  

I think that you misspelled/typo-ed "screen SHOT" and the CC algorithm got you!  LMAO. 🤣

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just received a cancellation today for my internet package for my RCL May sailing. When I finally was able to reach a customer service rep, she told me my cruise was cancelled. What the heck? I have called my TA and she says it looks good on her end. Final payment isn't until April. Since it was a special rate booked through the group department we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what happened. Seeing this post, it appears that Royal has a problem with randomly cancelling reservations. 

Edited by Ms3050
typo
  • Like 1