Royal Cancelled my cruise without me asking? cue italian anger

1 hour ago, 3eaglesfam said:

my cruise is back with the same room but non of my purchases have returned - Deluxe Drink package at 49.99 each,  3 night dining package for 4  or the internet for 2 devices.  I used OBC for all of that and its not refunded either.  

Great news! Sounds like your TA is getting the job done. Give your him/her time to get the rest of the things resolved.  Keep us informed.  I'd love to know the final resolution.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

Just curious, I have seen some threads with this happening to others, and I'm trying to find a common cause. Did you by chance book this cruise with FCC? Did you do any repricing? Any information on the history of your booking can help in finding potential root causes for this type of odd behavior with cancellation.

I will put my two cents in:  A few years back I called Royal just to cancel a single shore excursion.  (No travel agent involved in the booking.)  I think it was the next day (luckily!) that I happened to notice that my whole cruise was missing.  I called them quickly and was able to reinstate it without any problems BUT ever since then I've tried to avoid changing anything on a RC booking.  This is another reason why Royal SHOULD send cancellation confirmations to you like every other cruise line does.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

my cruise is back with the same room but non of my purchases have returned - Deluxe Drink package at 49.99 each,  3 night dining package for 4  or the internet for 2 devices.  I used OBC for all of that and its not refunded either.  

It’s a good thing you ordered things from the cruise planner so received the cancellation notices.  Otherwise, it may have been a bit before you even realized the cruise had been cancelled 

• Like 3

We book with TA's and direct depending on the deal. Our worst experience was direct with Royal who lost our down payment in their system. We paid again to save the cruise and were eventually elevated to Resolutions. Resolutions found the first payment but had to have Revenue attached it to our reservation. Revenue misunderstood 2 requests from Resolutions and charged our CC 2 more times. Our $500 deposit became a $2000 deposit. Thankfully their staff at sea is so much better than land.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems very strange.

Since RCCL moved final payment to 30 days prior to sailing, this places the 45 day check in window ahead of final payment.  My guess is once things settle down and are a little more "normal" they will revert back to final payment at 90 days prior to sailing, which will once again have check in after final payment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Since RCCL moved final payment to 30 days prior to sailing, this places the 45 day check in window ahead of final payment.  My guess is once things settle down and are a little more "normal" they will revert back to final payment at 90 days prior to sailing, which will once again have check in after final payment.

They had only moved it out for cruises through April or May last I heard.   We're in April and our final payment was moved out a couple of months ago.  I can see them not extending it.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My comment about it feeling strange was just that it's an odd feeling to be doing check in before final.  I had already posted the reason why a couple posts back.  

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

All I know is my TA is the BEST!!!!!

Mine was excellent prior to the pandemic.  Now it's very difficult to speak to a live person.  Everything is via e-mail and it takes some time to get responses.  The problem is exacerbated as RCL once they hear it's thru a TA won't deal with you.  Not even confirming balances of FCCs.

I have 4 cabins booked for April Anthem sail and received e-mails from my TA telling me that I have balances due in 2 weeks on 3 of the bookings.  The amounts are not big, but they differ from the original invoices.  The problem is how the credits/FCCs were applied.  Asked for an accounting/explanation and still waiting after a week.

I've booked the last 3 cruises via RCL or on board.  It's going to take me some time before I use a TA again.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

The problem is exacerbated as RCL once they hear it's thru a TA won't deal with you.  Not even confirming balances of FCCs.

The FCCs belong to you, not the TA.  If a Royal representative balks at giving you information about them, I would remind them of that and escalate if needed.

• Like 1

26 days until I sail and no Edocs yet and the prepurchased  items are still not there. .  I did receive an email from the executive office of Royal Caribbean letting me know that they are in conversations with my TA  and they are working to get everything fixed. 

Just updating everyone.  thanks for all your comments.  

Cathy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:29 AM, nelblu said:

Mine was excellent prior to the pandemic.  Now it's very difficult to speak to a live person.  Everything is via e-mail and it takes some time to get responses.  The problem is exacerbated as RCL once they hear it's thru a TA won't deal with you.  Not even confirming balances of FCCs.

I have 4 cabins booked for April Anthem sail and received e-mails from my TA telling me that I have balances due in 2 weeks on 3 of the bookings.  The amounts are not big, but they differ from the original invoices.  The problem is how the credits/FCCs were applied.  Asked for an accounting/explanation and still waiting after a week.

I've booked the last 3 cruises via RCL or on board.  It's going to take me some time before I use a TA again.

I've had great luck using Twitter direct messaging. They respond same day and appear to be able to fix things.  Not tweets, but direct messaging, for those who don't use it much.

Sadly, this appears to be an on-going issue that Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to be taking any effective action to get fixed.

We had a cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas in 2017 and had booked one of the RCI Private Journeys in one of the ports of call.  A couple of months prior to leaving, I got an email from the Private Journeys vendor, saying he was sorry we'd had to cancel our cruise, but he would begin the process of refunding our money.  Wait, what?!  Had it not been for that email from him, I don't know how long it would have taken to discover that the cruise had been cancelled, and absolutely not by us!  Fortunately, I was able to reply to him and have him hold the reservation for us while Royal Caribbean straightened everything out, but we lost two of the other tours we'd had booked because there were passengers on wait lists who'd cleared the spots we had vacated.  "Oops, sorry, there's nothing we can do." 

Hey, maybe the one thing you COULD do would be at least uncover and fix whatever it is that causes these phantom cancellations so that it isn't a problem for someone else in the future...  

edit: this was booked directly with Royal Caribbean, so no TA for them to try and lay the blame on, and also after final payment had been made.

Edited by kamelia
  • Like 3

Update on 2-10.  My Edocs are now available.  I was able to print my luggage tags.  my dining package, drink package and internet are still showing as cancelled.  No refund has been made.  However there is an extra $50.00 in my OBC account.  

Royal made the mistake.  No doubt about it.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

FINALLY.  Everything is restored correctly.  They gave me a few hundred in OBC to compensate me for my troubles.  

19 days and counting.

That's good. Sounds like it was definitely Royal's fault and not your TA, like so many people assumed. 

• Like 1