Royal Cancelled my cruise without me asking? cue italian anger

29 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We checked in about two weeks before our final payment. The cruise is in a few weeks and we waited until the last day to pay.

33 minutes ago, Amberle3 said:

For those jumping on the TA being at fault for this - OP said he'd already checked in for the cruise, I don't think they allow you to check in for a cruise that's not fully paid.

But yes, the TA is the one that needs to be sorting this out. 

You are mistaken about a connection between check in and final payment.  We checked in when it opened at 45 days. We made made final payment at 32 days (just before due date).  We simply do not know who is at fault.  The  OP may never really know, as people do not  necessarily fess up to their (or their company’s) mistakes.  And perhaps the source if the error is less important than fixing it.  Promptly working with RCI to fix the problem on the travel agent’s shoulders.

• Like 3

All the TA hate from some posters is weird.  Something went wrong for the OP... nobody knows what or why?  This is one of the reasons you have a TA.  Instead of calling a low level CS rep who knows less than the average CC poster you have a professional advocate who can now work on your behalf who has contacts you don't have.  Call them and let them work. When you control your own booking in instances like this you will be on the phone for hours demanding things be continually escalated until you finally reach someone who knows their a$$ from their elbow.  

Relax and let your TA sort it out.  It will probably all work out fine.

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

All the TA hate from some posters is weird.  Something went wrong for the OP... nobody knows what or why?  This is one of the reasons you have a TA.  Instead of calling a low level CS rep who knows less than the average CC poster you have a professional advocate who can now work on your behalf who has contacts you don't have.  Call them and let them work. When you control your own booking in instances like this you will be on the phone for hours demanding things be continually escalated until you finally reach someone who knows their a$$ from their elbow.  

Well said Tree_skier.  I really don't understand all the negativity at times; instead of immediately sharpening the axes why not calmly address the issues?

• Like 7

I have been fighting with RCI for a month now, when I rebooked on a new cruise.

They didn’t give me full credit for what I previously paid for.

Called them and for a hour tried to explain to them they are over billing me be $396, so I paid it.

Spent many hours on my own going over the numbers.

This morning I got a credit on my cc with no explanation for the $396.00, no email .

This was the first and last time I will cruise with RCI, wish I can bill them for all the time I spent on this. 

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That was me and their second level help was useless also. No one there can add or subtract correctly.

So my final payment was made in NOV 2021.  I was completely checked in but my cruise documents were not there yet. One of the managers with my travel agency has been on the horn with royal about this.  All charges on my credit card were to Royal Caribbean and not the TA.

So the booking is restored but my drink package, dining package and internet package are not.  all of those were paid with OBC and that is not given back.  

My TA is also trying to get us an upgrade since this has been one giant hassle.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amberle3 said:

For those jumping on the TA being at fault for this - OP said he'd already checked in for the cruise, I don't think they allow you to check in for a cruise that's not fully paid.

But yes, the TA is the one that needs to be sorting this out. 

Sorry...not true..you can check in as soon as you get the notice that check in is open and that usually is before final payment due date. Happened as recently as my Jan 17th cruise and has just happened with my March 20th cruise.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

You are mistaken about a connection between check in and final payment.  We checked in when it opened at 45 days. We made made final payment at 32 days (just before due date).  We simply do not know who is at fault.  The  OP may never really know, as people do not  necessarily fess up to their (or their company’s) mistakes.  And perhaps the source if the error is less important than fixing it.  Promptly working with RCI to fix the problem on the travel agent’s shoulders.

I told my experience and I am not mistaken. We checked in, picked our arrival time and got our set sail passes about 2 weeks prior to making final payment. Check in was about 45 days before cruising while final payment was due 30 days prior to sail date. I was responding to the person that said she didn't think it was possible to checkin without final payment being made. I didn't blame anyone for what the OP is going through.

11 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

So my final payment was made in NOV 2021.  I was completely checked in but my cruise documents were not there yet. One of the managers with my travel agency has been on the horn with royal about this.  All charges on my credit card were to Royal Caribbean and not the TA.

So the booking is restored but my drink package, dining package and internet package are not.  all of those were paid with OBC and that is not given back.  

Hmmmm...still no clear word as to who made the mistake...there may never be....the blame will be passed around. I know who I would bet on though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

All I know is my TA is the BEST!!!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Well glad you were able to get rebooked with group. Best of luck on all the incidentals plus OBC for aggravation!  Thinking if your handle was 3Cowboysfam you’d get better response…just sayin’!😉

26 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I told my experience and I am not mistaken. We checked in, picked our arrival time and got our set sail passes about 2 weeks prior to making final payment. Check in was about 45 days before cruising while final payment was due 30 days prior to sail date. I was responding to the person that said she didn't think it was possible to checkin without final payment being made. I didn't blame anyone for what the OP is going through.

I meant amberle3 was mistaken.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Check in is available at 45 days.  Now that final payment is at 30 days you can absolutely check in before final payment.  Done it for my last 5 cruises.

Yeah that's the Weirdest, my last 5 Cruises Checked in before making Final Payment

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hmmmm...still no clear word as to who made the mistake...there may never be....the blame will be passed around. I know who I would bet on though.

Well all my TA paperwork is still active on their website.  Royal does not have anything on theirs.  I still blame Royal for the snafu.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems very strange.

42 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah that's the Weirdest, my last 5 Cruises Checked in before making Final Payment

I does feel strange checking in before making final payment.  From the cruiseline’s point of view, why not?  Electronic check in before final is not costing them substantially and it might make people more emotionally invested.  The more emotionally invested one gets, presumably the more likely to make final payment and actually take the cruise.

• Like 2

It's because royal changed the final payment date to 30 days out but didn't change the normal checkin date. They probably didn't want to spend the time/$ to change the code for that too just to have to change two things back once they return to the normal 90 (I think) day final payment. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Everything is paid on full and i was checked in as well. Paid in full in November 2021

We had a similar issue. 2/27 Harmony cruise was paid in full months ago. We received gift certificates from our kids for Christmas, and applied them to this cruise. Instead of adding them as OBC, RCL's crack team added them as debits and we received an email the day before final payment (30 days) was due. They still haven't figured it out, and the new final payment date is today, so I paid an additional amount equal to the certificates on the cruise just to get us back to PIF. I guess we will have to sort it all out later. Perhaps something like this happened to your reservation.

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Did you get it fixed?  Sorry if I missed it

my cruise is back with the same room but non of my purchases have returned - Deluxe Drink package at 49.99 each,  3 night dining package for 4  or the internet for 2 devices.  I used OBC for all of that and its not refunded either.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 3eaglesfam said:

my cruise is back with the same room but non of my purchases have returned - Deluxe Drink package at 49.99 each,  3 night dining package for 4  or the internet for 2 devices.  I used OBC for all of that and its not refunded either.  

Just curious, I have seen some threads with this happening to others, and I'm trying to find a common cause. Did you by chance book this cruise with FCC? Did you do any repricing? Any information on the history of your booking can help in finding potential root causes for this type of odd behavior with cancellation.