MDR tables

My husband and I were just on the Enchantment out of Baltimore.

We were given a table for two at 5:30, didn’t request it, and it was fine. There were a lot of couples seated by themselves at tables for eight. I did see one table for eight with one couple at one end, and another seated at the other end.

There were only 700 on the cruise, so there were a lot of open seats, a lot of open tables.

Your mileage may vary!

28 minutes ago, dman1 said:

We have a group of 16.  Do they seat 8 to table maximum??

Make your request on seating preference with the restaurant ahead of time.

That being said, today, with multiple dining options, most groups don’t eat together every night. Nor do they want to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Make your request on seating preference with the restaurant ahead of time.

That being said, today, with multiple dining options, most groups don’t eat together every night. Nor do they want to. 

Haha...we're weird that way!  Enjoy each others company...whether that last 7 full days or not I'll keep ya posted! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dman1 said:

Haha...we're weird that way!  Enjoy each others company...whether that last 7 full days or not I'll keep ya posted! 😉

A week or so before your cruise Email RC and make your dining request. Make sure to include ship, sail date and etc.  

rcldining@rccl.com 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

A week or so before your cruise Email RC and make your dining request. Make sure to include ship, sail date and etc.  

rcldining@rccl.com 

Excellent information.  And if booking through a TA you can also make your request through them at the time of booking and that request can be entered directly with the booking.  And if booking directly over the phone, the reservation agent can also do that.  Not sure if that is available with RCCL website on-line bookings?  (Haven't booked that way in quite a while).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
additional info

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....Not sure if that is available with RCCL website on-line bookings?  (Haven't booked that way in quite a while).

Just did a mock booking through the website and while you can choose Regular or MTD dining options, there does not seem to be a way to further select preferred table size.  I think the options provided by davekathy and myself are the ones to choose between.

2 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Do you have to request a private table in the MDR if you're doing early/late seating? Are they assigning different parties to the same table like before Covid?

How many are in your party.

13 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just did a mock booking through the website and while you can choose Regular or MTD dining options, there does not seem to be a way to further select preferred table size.  I think the options provided by davekathy and myself are the ones to choose between.

Thanks for the info!  The group is all linked under my name. We are all MTD but I was able to reserve the times on the app that we will have dinner. I’m “thinking” they will put us all at tables next to each other if can’t fit all of us together; but will try and confirm this before we board.

26 minutes ago, dman1 said:

Thanks for the info!  The group is all linked under my name. We are all MTD but I was able to reserve the times on the app that we will have dinner. I’m “thinking” they will put us all at tables next to each other if can’t fit all of us together; but will try and confirm this before we board.

Forgot about the app!  They typically try to keep groups together, so hopefully that will be the case with you.  But a quick trip to the MTD Maitre d' once you board will assure that as they will do whatever they can to accommodate you if not already done as desired.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, dman1 said:

Now that you've mentioned MTD I'm not sure if the Email I provided you will work for MTD requests. My only experiences with it was for TD. I've never used it when we do MTD. I always do what @leaveitallbehindsuggested. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

You should be able to get a table for 4 if you want privacy.  If you want to make sure, as soon as you board go to the assigned dining room, and you can see the tables set up.  If not to your liking, go to the restaurant that the Maitre D is on and you can request your table wishes.

Ps.  There are many tables for 4.

• Thanks 1