LIVE: Regal Princess, February 5-12, 2022: Geoherb goes solo again

geoherb

12 hours ago, geoherb said:

Last night. I played trivia with two of my teammates and then went to dinner with them. It was nice. I had the surf and turf. Afterward, two of us went to see the Toms perform--the comedian and piano player from earlier in the cruise. Both were great. I enjoyed the comedian's set more than I did his first performance. 

I had a toasted almond at Club 6 and am now watching the U.S. and Canada play hockey. 

I love those toasted almond martinis!!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Over the years there have been multiple reports here on Cruise Critic of specific wines being available in some venues but not in others on Princess ships.  Speaking personally, we have encountered that on multiple cruises.

We (family group of 6 adults) were on the Royal Princess for a 25 day (B2B) cruise where that happened frequently.  We made a comment/polite complaint to our waiter that we knew the wine we wanted was in Vines.  Voila, within minutes an entire bottle appeared.  He knew we all had the beverage package and between the 6 of us would finish the entire bottle.  We never had an issue the rest of the cruise with wines we knew were in Vines but were 'missing' in the MDR.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, Carolina Cruisers 2 said:

Hi Geoherb,

We were one of several couples that missed  boarding the Regal due to rescheduling flight problems in Charlotte last Fri. and Sat. All of us added the  week of the 19th on so we can relax and have fun for TWO weeks.

Cabin question:   A year ago we booked cabin DB E508 but Princess moved us to C618 after final payment. When I inquired I was told the Emerald would be used as isolation deck. I like Marina so they moved us to M403. Due to us not getting to ship we are now booked L210.  It's a mini but we've never stayed on Lido.  Any comments from anyone that has stayed on Lido deck will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Have only been on Lido deck one time & that was a transatlantic, it was an upgrade from a mini. Very forward so feel more movement & it is windy going across the deck to Horizon court, unless you go down several decks that get you across to a closer elevator.

11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Safe travels home and thanks for taking us along on your sailing! 

i forgot to ask if there are bar stools at Crooners!  Didn’t know if due to covid they didn’t have them there. 

Thanks. They have bar stools at the bars I went to--Crooners, Club 6, and Vines--as well as the others around the ship.

It was nice that my last breakfast on the Regal was shared with people I had eaten with earlier during the cruise: a woman and her husband and her brother plus a couple from Indiana. The couple was on for several previous cruises and is staying on next week. Service was a little bit slow. We got to the dining room a little before 8 and did not leave until nearly 9, right as they were making the announcement that anyone still on board should leave. The passengers staying on for another week were supposed to meet in the theater at 9:30. 

I'm back home. I miss my cabin steward already. I took the shared shuttle from the port to the airport. I had planned to take Uber, but surge pricing made the cost $20. The shuttle was $11 per person plus tip, which was great for those of us going solo. My flight from FLL left a little after noon and got to Raleigh at 2. I love direct flights. There was a little turbulence but nothing major. Thankfully, I was among the passengers who received a drink and snack on the plane. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, geoherb said:

Thanks. They have bar stools at the bars I went to--Crooners, Club 6, and Vines--as well as the others around the ship.

Thank you. 
maybe one day we will get to have a cocktail together at one of those great bars! 

• Like 1

I know the bathroom amenities were discussed earlier on this thread, but I confess I haven't read it all so have a question. We will soon be on the Regal, beginning with the transatlantic, for 5 weeks so need to know what I have to pack. Is lotion available and replenished as used? Is there bar soap? Conditioner? We are Elite so hope there will be something "extra" but can live with the basics. I'd appreciate the voice of recent experience.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, gardenbunny said:

When we were getting ready for our first WC in 2017, we bought a flat tight mesh shower accessory (has 3 pockets, about 8” long by 5” wide) that has 3 velcro strips that you put over the bar on the existing shower rack.  Works great for holding bar soap, travel size shampoo bottle, razor, etc). We take it every cruise, lays flat easy to pack.  

Where did you buy this mesh shower organizer?  I have looked on Amazon and everything seems too large.  On my last cruise our items kept falling out of the little shelf.  Two of the plastic bottles were broken and we had to discard them at the end of the cruise.

8 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I know the bathroom amenities were discussed earlier on this thread, but I confess I haven't read it all so have a question. We will soon be on the Regal, beginning with the transatlantic, for 5 weeks so need to know what I have to pack. Is lotion available and replenished as used? Is there bar soap? Conditioner? We are Elite so hope there will be something "extra" but can live with the basics. I'd appreciate the voice of recent experience.

I think you should read through the posts.

9 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

They gave me a tube of lotion. I think every cabin gets it. They only had shower caps and sisal mitts available for Elite passengers out of the upgraded bathroom amenities. Suites got more, but I never found out the definitive list of items. We had a little round bar of soap but no conditioner. I stayed at a hotel the night before my cruise and had enough conditioner from the little bottle it provided. I bought a bar of soap at the Dollar Tree because I like a full size bar and not the little round soaps.

12 hours ago, geoherb said:

They gave me a tube of lotion. I think every cabin gets it. They only had shower caps and sisal mitts available for Elite passengers out of the upgraded bathroom amenities. Suites got more, but I never found out the definitive list of items. We had a little round bar of soap but no conditioner. I stayed at a hotel the night before my cruise and had enough conditioner from the little bottle it provided. I bought a bar of soap at the Dollar Tree because I like a full size bar and not the little round soaps.

We had a suite, but taking inventory of everything wasn't high on our list.  Tubes of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were in the shower and replenished when used.  We had a couple of bars of soap and a round puck of soap at the sinks.  We never used all the hand bars. I believe there was a shower cap, but we didn't use it.  Couple of tubes of lotion.  More canapes than we could eat.  Since we had the drinks package, we really didn't use the minibar.  

• Like 1