Question for those Regent Historians

howiefrommd

HA is offering a 94 day RT from San Diego they are calling Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage. It is extensive Australia and NZ and many Pacific ports you would expect.  I am certainly not comparing the quality and level of cruise /service, simply itinerary.  

Does anyone know if Regent has ever offered a similar cruise?  

4 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

HA is offering a 94 day RT from San Diego they are calling Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage. It is extensive Australia and NZ and many Pacific ports you would expect.  I am certainly not comparing the quality and level of cruise /service, simply itinerary.  

Look under Grand Voyages.  Though they don't currently have RT itineraries to Australia/New Zealand under this category.

I've been sailing Radisson/Regent for 20 years and I don't remember a USA to NZ/OZ and return back to USA.  There have been a number of Grand Asia Pacific cruises that circled the Pacific in around 90 days often late summer to fall.  There was also a spring 2009 cruise that went from USA via Lima and Easter Island to Polynesia, Fiji, NZ, and OZ but I don't think it came right back to USA.  Not saying it didn't happen; I just don't remember.  

I am sure someone here has kept every brochure received in last 30 years and might have the definitive answer.  

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

There was a cruise a couple of years back that circumnavigated Australia. I think it was about 30 days in length. And I did one 12 years ago that covered a number of stops in AUS and NZ, but it was only 15 days.  But a grand voyage of greater length that concentrated on those island nations? I don't recall ever seeing one. Which isn't to say they won't do one once that region opens back up. It's certainly something that would be right up Regent's alley.

Herb and I toured Australia and New Zealand way back in November 2004. We used Tauck Tours and it was simply the best. The accommodations were great and the tour guide knew his stuff. I remember the bus was only half full. Dinners were interesting. Most meals were included. I still think that’s the best way to see so much. In New Zealand, Tauck had a private plane, and it flew us from town to town. 
However, as we got older, it became much simpler to cruise. So…Regent became our choice. 
sheila

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, Jlhalldc said:

We have booked the Regent's Grand Asia Exploration. 60+ days; Sydney -- Tokyo. Not as convenient as San Diego r/t but goes to some interesting locales. 

https://www.rssc.com/Grand-Asia-Exploration

We did the 2020 Circle Australia tour on Navigator and LOVED it. 

We are on this Grand Cruise with you!!  Really looking forward to it (Covid willing). 😎

• Like 1

Our first Regent Cruise was Honolulu to Sydney in 2018.  It was part of the Grand Cruise that began in Miami and ended in Sydney.   So, yes, they have offered something similar.  Seems to me I remember a Grand Cruise that left San Francisco and circumnavigated Asia, or I'm. having a 60's induced LSD flashback. 😜

Edited by papaflamingo

On 2/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, howiefrommd said:

Sounds wonderful.  No, I don't think Regent/Radisson has ever offered anything like that.  The closest perhaps were the old "Ring of Fire" cruises, on Mariner I believe. But it was a circle Pacific route, albeit beginning and ending in the U.S.