5 night dining package

Can you book a dining package pre-cruise (while it is discounted) and not loose the 1st & 2nd night BOGO coupon? Asking because when booking the discount package pre-cruise they require making a day 1 dinner time. Wondering if anyone was able to work out the coupon offer/dining package once onboard.

10 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Can you book a dining package pre-cruise (while it is discounted) and not loose the 1st & 2nd night BOGO coupon? Asking because when booking the discount package pre-cruise they require making a day 1 dinner time. Wondering if anyone was able to work out the coupon offer/dining package once onboard.

5 night dining package is now only offered on longer sailings, either 9 or 10 nights and above. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

5 night dining package is now only offered on longer sailings, either 9 or 10 nights and above. 

Yes, true. But does not answer my question. Do you know the answer please?

"Can you book a dining package pre-cruise (while it is discounted) and not loose the 1st & 2nd night BOGO coupon? Asking because when booking the discount package pre-cruise they require making a day 1 dinner time. Wondering if anyone was able to work out the coupon offer/dining package once onboard."

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

"Can you book a dining package pre-cruise (while it is discounted) and not loose the 1st & 2nd night BOGO coupon? Asking because when booking the discount package pre-cruise they require making a day 1 dinner time. Wondering if anyone was able to work out the coupon offer/dining package once onboard."

Already answered by Biker.  

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Rarely do they actually assign a first or second night, if they do then just cancel your first and second night and book your 5 night plan later in the cruise.  It is also easy to change your BOGO for later in the cruise, you just need to pay on day one and can then book for later in the week.  No you do not lose your BOGO.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is also easy to change your BOGO for later in the cruise, you just need to pay on day one and can then book for later in the week.  

As my previous answer, this depends on the ship - some are strict about only using it on day one or two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Rarely do they actually assign a first or second night, if they do then just cancel your first and second night and book your 5 night plan later in the cruise.  It is also easy to change your BOGO for later in the cruise, you just need to pay on day one and can then book for later in the week.  No you do not lose your BOGO.

There is no choice online or calling (we did both). You can only book the 5 night IF you agree to a time on day 1 at a specialty restaurant the pick and disclose by writing in your staterooms. 

19 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

There is no choice online or calling (we did both). You can only book the 5 night IF you agree to a time on day 1 at a specialty restaurant the pick and disclose by writing in your staterooms. 

We have had a 3,  5 or chop's plus one package on every cruise we have ever taken. Never has there been a restaurant pre selected for us on  days 1 and 2.  Last cruise three weeks ago on Navigator we had the chops +1 and used it on days 3 and four, nothing had been pre assigned by Royal . Last cruise on Symphony we had a 3 and a 5 night package. We do always pick a time for day one but have never been assigned a restaurant . We have paid full price to pick a time and day at a restaurant we want for a special occasion, then once on board we cancel it and replace it with a package night and get a OBC for the cost of the dinner we cancel.  

On 2/6/2022 at 5:38 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

It is a fake reservation. Even if you select a time and restaurant, it has been our experience that it has not been recorded. After you board, just go to a restaurant and tell them you want to use your BOGO on night 1 and 2 and then set up the nights (if you wish) that you want to use your package. They are quite flexible. 

It is not complicated or stress worthy. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, taglovestocruise said:

We have had a 3,  5 or chop's plus one package on every cruise we have ever taken. Never has there been a restaurant pre selected for us on  days 1 and 2.  Last cruise three weeks ago on Navigator we had the chops +1 and used it on days 3 and four, nothing had been pre assigned by Royal . Last cruise on Symphony we had a 3 and a 5 night package. We do always pick a time for day one but have never been assigned a restaurant . We have paid full price to pick a time and day at a restaurant we want for a special occasion, then once on board we cancel it and replace it with a package night and get a OBC for the cost of the dinner we cancel.  

If you book online precruise you must pick a time for day 1 with venue to be determined by ship. Go to the website and try to add the package without picking a time. You are probably booking the package once onboard.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is a fake reservation. Even if you select a time and restaurant, it has been our experience that it has not been recorded. After you board, just go to a restaurant and tell them you want to use your BOGO on night 1 and 2 and then set up the nights (if you wish) that you want to use your package. They are quite flexible. 

It is not complicated or stress worthy. :classic_smile:

Thank you!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

If you book online precruise you must pick a time for day 1 with venue to be determined by ship. Go to the website and try to add the package without picking a time. You are probably booking the package once onboard.

Yes we always pick a day and time, but there has never been a reservation made for us. We have had a package or two many times and nothing has ever been assigned

I had a lot of difficulty purchasing a 3 night online for upcoming Symphony as CP kept saying "sold out" so I called and they were able to get me a 930pm time on day 2.  Of course I accepted it and of course I will change it the minute I get onboard as I always do.

Another solution to the 5 day is to buy if on sale (2) 3 days.  We did this of course pre covid but it was on sale for $60. We booked night 1, then went and bought the 2nd and bought night 2.  It was a TA in 2019.  6 nights for $120.  Those were the good old days....

• Like 1