Karaoke (with masks?)

famof4togo

I think I made the assumption that while actually singing karaoke it would be mask free...but I just read a review that stated the singers had to wear masks during Karaoke....is this correct?  If so, what about singers on board at say Alchemy or the Atrium...are they masked as well?  I just can't imagine signing Karaoke with a mask on.

Just off Freedom - 

karaoke - singers had to wear masks (on Pride in November they had roped off the area where singers stood and they did not wear masks to:sing)

other venues such as Atrium and Red Frog Pub - performers did not wear masks

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Why would you be sharing a karaoke mic with everyone either lip licking or spitting droplets in it? This is just nasty.

I am not personally a Karaoke singer but I assumed they practiced the same sanitary guidelines that have been followed for the last 20+ years of Karaoke...sharing a mic can't be new since Covid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, the mic is just being passed from singer to singer without any sanitization protocol. We are now living in COVID world, not back in 2019 when no one cared about virus transmission through sharing a common device like karaoke mic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

As far as I know, the mic is just being passed from singer to singer without any sanitization protocol. We are now living in COVID world, not back in 2019 when no one cared about virus transmission through sharing a common device like karaoke mic.

On the Magic in Nov the mic was wiped down between each singer!

• Like 6

On the Miracle in September - karaoke was done in Red Frog. No masks required and multiple singers were allowed.

On Legend in January - masks required and no duets. One singer, One microphone per song. They basically had two microphones being alternated. With one being wiped down and cleaned while the other was being used for a performance. Then repeated over and over.

• Like 3

Just off the Sunshine a couple of days ago. Karaoke singers were required to wear masks while singing. It was written in the event description in the Fun Times on the hub app. I do not know if they wiped the mic between singers as I did not go to karaoke.

Performers at the piano bar and other areas of the ship were not masked, but their performance areas were roped off to maintain 6 feet of distance between them and the guests.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Karaoke singers were required to wear masks while singing. It was written in the event description in the Fun Times 

Karaoke singers wearing masks and Fun Times adds up to a lot less than Fun Times.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1