Medallion App screwed up my phone ...

phillipahain

Other half tried downloading on to the laptop and somehow without me asking it etc   Google downloaded it onto my phone ......it locked my phone up solid for over an hour ...finally found a way to get out of it and remove it from my phone .

Does it only work on Apple not Android ?  

But whatever i sure dont want to use it 

5 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Other half tried downloading on to the laptop and somehow without me asking it etc   Google downloaded it onto my phone ......it locked my phone up solid for over an hour ...finally found a way to get out of it and remove it from my phone .

Does it only work on Apple not Android ?  

But whatever i sure dont want to use it 

Works on the newer versions of Android.  Will not download from the App store if the version is too old.

The App is rather large and is both a CPU and memory hog.  If your phone is lacking in either it will not run right.  It also needs good internet access when not on ship.

From what you are describing I expect that it ran into a resource limitation on your phone.  

My wife's old phone had limited memory and it would not run well.

Works fine for me on both a Samsung 8 and Samsung 20, as well as a Samsung 20FE.

Edited by smbt1

I have a Galaxy  a10e  (Verizon Version)  and downloaded it from Google Play.  Had to uninstall and reinstall just last week, but it seems to work fine now.  So far so good and we just "green laned" for our up and coming cruise.  I am going to temporarily uninstall a bunch of apps that I won't need during the cruise to free up some resources and will put them back in when we return home. Dumping most of my pictures and videos onto my computer as well! ☺️

1 hour ago, phillipahain said:

My Samsung phone is only a year old ...but what I can't understand is how the app even got on my phone when I did not download it .....

When you get it from Google Play Store it will tell you what devices you have that are compatible. If it was automagically showing your phone and your wife said to install it then it will automagically install to your device. Since your wife did it and you don't know what was actually showing at the top of the screen she may well have inadvertently agreed to have it installed. It gives a message that the app will be installed shortly.

As others have said, it requires Android 8 as a bare minimum and older devices have had a lot of issues with the app. I have a relatively new phone - Samsung S10e with tons of storage and RAM - and I had major issues with the app until I contacted the developers. Some of my data hadn't transferred correctly from the personalizer to the app. They fixed that and I've been all green lane for quite a while.