Cheers with an officer and lunch

riviera

Usually held in the dining room on a sea day.  Open seating.  Takes about an hour.    Three course meal, limited,  but nice menu.      Some (generally low end) wine offered. 

Sometimes the meal is combined for both D+( over 350 pts) and Pinnacle.  Sometimes same day, same time but different areas of the dining room for each group .  Sometimes different day for each group. 

The highest officer (Captain/Hotel Director, etc.) there will welcome you and offer a toast.  Occasionally an officer will come to a table to chat for a moment or two. 

It is a nice luncheon and I hope you enjoy it.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

Usuallyin the MDR. Filet, shrimp, salmon...the filet, in my opinion is outstanding. I love the red/white wine...my glass seems to be always full. We've been very fortunate and have had great tablemates...and lunch could last as long as they keep serving wine. Appetizers and dessert as well...but I can't remember.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

We did it twice (b2b) on Harmony in Nov/Dec.  Same menu both weeks.  Not that impressed, but we did meet some great people.  The officers greeted us as we entered the MDR and someone checked us off a list and then we were given a glass of "champagne" lol.  Lunch had like three options for app and entree and a couple or three for dessert (can't remember).  I had the Chops filet both weeks.  First week it was good, second it tasted like a hunk of roast beef and not a filet at all.  The wine they served was not good at all.  They had a chardonnay and a red.  So, don't get too excited as it may vary a lot.  Both weeks one officer came by our table and talked to us for a bit.  They then all left.  No toast.  I'm sure Covid has influenced it, but we'll see how it is in April on our EN b2b.  I'd say we were in there an hour and a half at most.

Just to add...

Pre-covid, it was called "Lunch with an Officer", when an officer actually sat at each table...most interesting conversations with the ship's doctor and beverage manager...not to mention getting better drinks.

Hoping we'd go back to that...but in the meantime, "Cheers"!

• Like 2

We've been to many and the Filet Mignon has only been on the menu a couple of times.  Otherwise decent meals.  We don't drink wine, but go to enjoy the conversation.  Since there is a diverse level of cruisers you'll learn tricks and tips that'll come in handy, notwithstanding some long term friends if you travel allot.

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Just to add...

Pre-covid, it was called "Lunch with an Officer", when an officer actually sat at each table...most interesting conversations with the ship's doctor and beverage manager...not to mention getting better drinks.

We once had lunch with the officer in charge of the ship's air conditioning.  The next day the air conditioning system failed.  

Another I remember was with the officer in charge of the laundry.  Fascinating!  I'm truly sorry this has been scaled back.

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Just to add...

Yeah 20+ yrs ago every Diamond had a Formal Affair with Captain and all Dept Heads. Diamond the only Top Tier then still wasn't many of us back then. Officers to Passengers usually 1 on 2