Not exactly live from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

My DH is on the cruise and has been sending me some pics. I can’t guarantee he’ll keep doing that, but since there hasn’t been a Live From the Ruby Princess in several cruises, I thought I’d post a few pics and a bit of info here. 

DH had booked EZ Air on United and took a Princess shuttle to the Pier 27. He said it went perfectly, and it was nice to be greeted by a friendly face. He was NOT Green Lane Ocean Ready when he got to the terminal. He was very nonchalant about that, and I tried my best but couldn’t get the Medallion app to cooperate. He said it didn’t make any difference at all, but it still took quite awhile to board the ship because of the COVID testing (done in groups of about 20 passengers) and then the checking of a successful Hawaii Safe Travels application.  Guests sho hadn’t done that has to complete the process sitting in the terminal. A QR code from that process must be shown before boarding (he suggests saving a screen capture in your photos for quick access). 

I’ve posted elsewhere that there is a non-COVID related medical emergency onboard and the ship, about 19 hours out of San Francisco, is head back to California for a meet up with a Coast Guard helicopter.

Mask wearing is being strictly enforced. He said that if you leave your table in the dining room without one, you’ll be stopped and offered one. That’s when I am most inclined to forget to put mine back on. 

There are entertainment opportunities all around the ship. he hasn’t sent the embarkation day Patter yet (and maybe won’t) but there are three shows in the Princess Theater tonight. I haven’t seen that in quite awhile. 

I believe there are about 2000 passengers on board. Cutoff for the MTG luncheon (which will take place Monday) is 526. Top 3 are 1260, 1015 and 989 days. 

I’ve asked him to take a photo of the officers displayed in the Piazza. 

The weather today is chilly, windy and a bit rough. 

F1668AAF-8CCD-44B4-B130-53F05DC8E0CD.jpeg

4B7512F3-7A90-4C94-81DF-B203B9FDEF74.jpeg

89A677BF-32DE-4070-A094-7D99CEB6289E.jpeg

51437ED9-4EED-489A-AA94-9E8586511286.jpeg

97916B64-1D99-4FCF-865F-AA1BE8E22D9C.jpeg

4AFC9C04-AB7F-413B-978E-7A2D8A3CCAB6.jpeg

AC25641A-85A5-41DE-9736-EC4DA6F35862.jpeg

5F717350-B338-4F7E-AD10-FAB7E04012EF.jpeg

C774598B-732B-451C-9B5E-5624E9CA0E3E.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Level six said:

Just weren't interested in going along with G?  I hope all is well and your knee? is healing. 

I’m great, thanks. It’s just the height of the high school basketball season. Have I mentioned that I want to be home for my guys’ senior sports events? I know I have, but have I mentioned it lately?😆

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Level six said:

Just weren't interested in going along with G?  I hope all is well and your knee? is healing. 

I’m great, thanks for asking. Doing PT. It’s just the height of the high school basketball season. Have I mentioned that I want to be home for my guys’ senior sports events? I know I have, but have I mentioned it lately?😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just received this:  5pm.  Cpt announced closing all open decks etc to prepare for helicopter about 7pm.  Still going East.

Required covid test Sun 11:30.  Some people as early as tomorrow

Foggy.  Horn sounded several times.

Steelers 36:  I think he can find it. He’s seen them a time or two before. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I’m great, thanks for asking. Doing PT. It’s just the height of the high school basketball season. Have I mentioned that I want to be home for my guys’ senior sports events? I know I have, but have I mentioned it lately?😆

Have fun cheering them on! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I tried to read Day 2 Patter, but did not see any indication that there is a Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador onboard with ukulele and hula lessons. 

I believe it's listed at 5:45 pm.

Hawaiian Music with your Hawaiian Ambassador Kathleen in the Piazza.

No info on the guest who was airlifted,  but I’m sure you would have been notified. 

I texted a photo of last evening’s snow to DH. He responded with these. I will admit that driving conditions last night had me (momentarily) wondering what the heck I’m doing here instead of being on a ship en route to Hawaii, but the exciting game reminded me. 

D84659AA-AA66-447E-8AD4-72FCA6FCB7CF.jpeg

48942602-0E68-451B-9172-9D45163539AC.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 6

I find it interesting about the numbers for MTG aboard. When we were aboard in November there were only 190 total passengers but the most travelled  couple had over 1800 days. Jesus and Rosa Moore- At the time they told us that they had 48 more cruises booked and I thought they mentioned that they would aboard this cruise-I know they said they would be on the Ruby for B2B through the Panama Canal on February 25, because we are going to be on that cruise. Maybe they said they were doing the Canal B2B and then Hawaii??

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Day 3 lunch menu. I had never before seen the towel starfish art. Very clever!

The towel starfish is very artistic. Thanks for posting. I’m also missing the Blueberry Roulade on the lunch menu. This was is my favorite MDR dessert at lunch.

• Like 1