The Daily for Monday 02/14/2022

richwmn

Valentines Day

Today is Clean out Your Computer Day, Ferris Wheel Day, and National Organ Donor Day

A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.--Eleanor Roosevelt

Meal Suggestion for today - spring pasta
Drink of the Day - Orchard Twist
Wine of the Day - Drew 2019 The Fog-Eater Pinot Noir (Anderson Valle
Destination of the Day - Vigo, Spain

Ships With Passengers

Amber Cove, Dominicana, Puerto Plata

Nieuw Amsterdam  

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam   Destination Port Everglades eta 2/16
Nieuw Statendam   Destination Bonaire eta 2/16
Zuiderdam   Destination Cartagema. CO eta 2/16

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Rotterdam   08:00 - 15:00

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii

Koningsdam   07:00 - 13:00

Ships Without Passengers

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Limassol CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0214World.thumb.png.97cbed4759c6c2d577ff147ef68265e6.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from a still chilly SW Florida but I'm  playing golf at 8:AM.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Got a laugh out of the quote.

Not sure what Spring Pasta is but I love Pasta so....

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks for The Daily.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good morning! Up early as body is zooming after falling off the diet wagon! It was a good game, the food, commercials and sharing the event with friends made for a special day. Noticed the Koningsdam is in Kauai today for only six hours! Can’t do much in that short a visit.

It’s 29 F this morning so will delay walking to afternoon. Awaiting for paper to arrive so checking out the CC boards.

Thanks Rich and May all of you have a special💐 day.

• Like 30

Happy  Valentines Day everyone.  Than-you for the daily report. Cold and snowy here so no Ferris wheels for me.  Maybe I’ll clean out my email in box today.  Organ donors are angels on earth.  Great quote and funny too.  The meal suggestion sounds nice as does the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port but look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events and romantic Valentine dinners!

• Like 30

Happy Valentines Day to all.

Had to get in early before anyone posted comments about Superbowl.  6+ hours is too long to watch (well starting at 10pm local it is!) so the game is recorded and I will watch it today or tonight.  Will Fast Forward all the ads and time outs and gaps between plays and should only take about 40 minutes of actual watching time! 

It's a bright sunny morning here 8°C/43°F with a little wind.  But the soil temperature is starting to rise and the daffodils are starting to bud.

Thoughts for all on the care list.

Take care out there.

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Some good days today.

Organ donation is important to save lives.

Excellent quote.

We have been to Vigo Spain many times on a cruise.

Prayers for everyone who need them.

Hope everyone has a nice day 

Graham.

• Like 30

Happy Valentine's Day! ❤️ A cloudy day at sea.  For sail away it turned fair so our pool aft sail away went off without a drop of rain. We missed getting to our cabin to hear the air horns in the condos. NS last in port first out and we were at sea in a flash.  Great Superbowl projection in the Main Stage. So happy the Rams pulled it out. There were no US ads all ESPN ads since it wasn't NBC.  😥 

I spoke with hotel manager for Rene Tuinen while we waiting for our muster scan.  I asked about Robinson Crusoe island as it was our port yesterday. He said it is really remote.   I will have to check the Daily from yesterday to see if pics were posted.  

Prayers for everyone on Roy's care list and everyone else who needs it. 🙏

IMG_20220214_063935230.jpg

IMG_20220213_183656479_HDR.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Valentine's Day.  We've got an Extreme Cold Warning here, it's -19C (-3F), a good day to stay in with my sweetie.  Organ donors are heroes.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

I've never been to Vigo, I hope there are lots of wonderful pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

Congrats to the Rams.

• Like 30

Thanks for our Valentine’s Day Daily, Rich

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone !!!  You KNOW you are going to see some Valentine’s Day memes interspersed in my post 😉 

10FC8981-E721-4585-B9DA-FB8977F88D41.jpeg.13b43ba753bcd025dd66a1e934450788.jpeg

Interesting collection of days.  Cleaning out our devices is wise - I’ve been doing that quite a bit as of late.  National Organ Day should be celebrated every day - Bless all those who donate ♥️ 

Love the quote by Eleanor R.  That is so, so true and I hope it holds true 🤞  Meal suggestion sounds good but I’ll have lobster tonight and take some for DH tomorrow if he’s so inclined to eat it.

D1691F5E-BA20-41A2-9E70-72D723CF3BC6.thumb.jpeg.7fcbf4951bc9e68c78d994791295afce.jpeg

Vigo Spain is GORGEOUS.  Whether you walk around Vigo itself which is unique and wonderful or head to Santiago de Compostela, it’s a port not to be missed.  Loved it.  I’ll see if I can find my pics.

this one is hitting home with me except replace stand in the yard with eating snow 😉 

9AD78A94-8B4D-4C59-8DC7-24462B912032.jpeg.63698a20ddc2c5b41c882689807ec3a2.jpeg

I stayed up extra late and gave Marley his pill and he was up at 5:30 am.  At that time, I don’t bother trying to get back to sleep 😔 Not sure that worked out that well, since later to bed didn’t really result in improvement in length of uninterrupted sleep.  Oh well.  I am not complaining though, I was a long time at the hospital yesterday, much longer than normal and the good boy was anxiously waiting to go out and as good as gold.

3B7F774A-9543-48A9-9754-07E666CC7EA5.thumb.jpeg.51e59fafd2b77076dd389d74e889cf17.jpeg

It’s snowing out (SURPRISE) so I’m sticking to home today and kind of glad I am.  Took me a long time yesterday to get DH somewhat content and bathed.  I was one depressed &  tired puppy when I got home.  Valentine’s Day will be Marley & Me.

C435F97D-B560-4ADD-BE22-F78398725869.jpeg.d24264933d8316f7bbfab6475c190223.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday / Valentine’s Day everyone !!!!!!

81AEAC44-E56D-4FB8-9288-EE54ACDC9320.jpeg.a8d6e3977def6116e6eaec82c00c4ccf.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

Thank you for the Valentines Day Daily, Rich.  It won't be a day of celebration in my family; my brother died on Valentines day last year.  Between covid and my mitral valve issue I did not get to the funeral but hope to visit his grave Saturday when Enchantment of the Seas visits Port Canaveral.  Keeping my computer clean is a constant challenge and I haven't been on a ferris wheel in years.  I am an organ donor and like the quote but true not just for women but for men also.  The meal sounds nice.

Vigo was the first place I ever set foot in continental Europe (Crystal Symphony, 1996) but far too long ago for photos. 

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Cruisin Terri autoimmune flareup and hand pain
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
Marshhawk awaiting surgery
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancer chemo
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Congrats Rams
6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Welcome home  dobiemom
5 days for DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to 2/19 to 3/8)
3 days for rafinmd (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27),  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  Cruiser Bill (Koningsdam to 2/20), lb4683  (Regal Princess to 2/19),  and Lady Hudson at sea (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
HorizonChaser1957 to Palm Springs
Granddaughter  coming for Heartgrove
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 10

'Morning all - a brisk 16 degrees here in NJ and my son is VERY happy he fully cleaned the snow off his car last night, or it would have been a block of ice this morning.  Mine is in the garage, so no cleaning necessary.

Getting back on my Noom wagon today after slipping a few weeks and not being more mindful about my food choices.  I stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised that I only gained two pounds, so there's hope that I can get myself back on track quickly.  

Hubby and I will wish each other a Happy Valentine's Day, but that's usually it - neither one of us is big on giving each other gifts as we tend to just give to each other when we see something we think the other would like, or vice versa.  That, plus we're more into sharing experiences than things...probably what makes this long stretch of no cruises so sad.  I'm looking at a Canadian itinerary for 2023 out of Boston on Zaandam, and treating us to a Neptune and almost ready to pull the trigger.

Big fan of almost any pasta, but tonight's dinner will likely be some of the Bunkhouse Chili I made yesterday and sat overnight to 'age'.  The drink of the day sounds interesting, and the wine sounds delicious.

It's nearly full-on babywatch time now as my daughter is just three weeks from her due date.  I've told her, any time of the day or night, just call and we'll be in the car within an hour and on the road.  We can get to her house in about five hours, and our first task will be caring for the dog while she and her husband are at the hospital.  Her husband can stay 24/7 while she's there, so having us at the house to take care of the granddog will be a big help.  Then, once home, we'll move into household coverage while they get their Parent Sea Legs.

Sending good thoughts to all on our care list, and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day all!

• Like 41

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

Happy Valentines Day!

I love pasta primavera (spring pasta)

Watched the super bowl last night. Even though I am not a Rams fan, the better team did win.

It's a cold start to the day here but promises to warm up later.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 24

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy Valentine's Day! 💘

I keep my computer pretty cleaned out most of the time. DH has a lot of stuff on his so I remind him and suggest he check DMIL's as well. No ferris wheels in my near future. I am a registered organ donor.

The quote made me chuckle. Spring pasta sounds interesting, looking forward to the recipe.

Not sure what's on the agenda yet for today. I believe we are going to DD's for DH to try to figure out the electrical problem with the dryer. He was able to fix some outlet issues Friday but couldn't get the dryer working.

@kazu

Jacqui I hope your spirits are up this morning and that you have a peaceful and relaxing day. Enjoy your lobster and have an extra glass of wine. (Not sure why the cursor would not stay on the line of the blue bubble.? 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Have a marvelous Monday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy Valentine's Day!♥️  Spent 5 hrs. yesterday cleaning out the desktop.  Do not care for ferris wheels.  Our Nephew has had two kidney transplants from relatives.  Organ donors are a very special group of people.  I've heard the quote often.  Have not been to today's destination, looking forward to the photo's.  Will save the recipe for another day.

It's cold again this morning by Florida standards, will stay in as my group of ladies are coming to make cards this morning.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

October Twist:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Apple
1 part Cranberry Juice
Splash Club Soda
Garnish with Lime Wedges

Instructions
Build over ice, garnish with a lime wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.19.50 AM.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Valentines Day Daily, Rich.  It won't be a day of celebration in my family; my brother died on Valentines day last year.  Between covid and my mitral valve issue I did not get to the funeral but hope to visit his grave Saturday when Enchantment of the Seas visits Port Canaveral.  Keeping my computer clean is a constant challenge and I haven't been on a ferris wheel in years.  I am an organ donor and like the quote but true not just for women but for men also.  The meal sounds nice.

Vigo was the first place I ever set foot in continental Europe (Crystal Symphony, 1996) but far too long ago for photos. 

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Cruisin Terri autoimmune flareup and hand pain
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
Marshhawk awaiting surgery
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancer chemo
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Congrats Rams
6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Welcome home  dobiemom
5 days for DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to 2/19 to 3/8)
3 days for rafinmd (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27),  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  Cruiser Bill (Koningsdam to 2/20), lb4683  (Regal Princess to 2/19),  and Lady Hudson at sea (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
HorizonChaser1957 to Palm Springs
Granddaughter  coming for Heartgrove
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's updated lists Roy.

Graham

• Like 16

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

National Organ Donation Day is very important to our family as we are direct recipients of an organ that saved a life. We are very grateful every day.

@richwmn and @rafinmd thanks for the daily lists.

Prayers, hugs and celebrations for all as we all have our own wishes, things we are happy about and things we are dealing with.

Cold here as expected but really ready for Winter to be over. A week in Florida didn't do much to help me to cope with it. 🙃

Take care and stay safe all!!

• Like 28

Good morning all and thank your Rich for the daily.

First of all happy Valentines Day to allACAC0914-FA90-43EB-878E-BB8122D419BC.jpeg.3553f4195f29cb2b2fc5e254ebbbb377.jpeg

i love the quote.  Actually i have a throw pillow with that quote and took a picture of it to prove it.

I IlF1F2AAA7-988C-4AEC-A697-37BAB5622CF8.thumb.jpeg.6c846deab4f4daabc2668bc7b3c24877.jpeg

i hope everyone has a day full of love.

We have a repairman coming to fix the patio sliding door that has been giving us trouble for a long time and will not let the alarm system engage.  It is only 38 degrees outside so it is not the optimal day to do this.  However, we’ve been waiting for a long time time for him to show up.

Good day to clean up my emails. Have too many.  Other from that the computer is pretty clean.

I am not an organ donor.  Don’t think anyone wants any of my broken down parts.  Eyes are pretty bad.  Not a good tummy, arms and legs hurt.  Heart’s got some problems.  i don’t know what’s left.

We had a great time yesterday with our friends.  Didn’t stay with them for the Super Bowl as we don’t like to drive in the dark.

I hope most are happy with the outcome.  We are neutral so it really doesn’t matter.

Have a wonderful day everyone and keep some love in your life.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 34

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! The sun is shining and it is 19 degrees colder this morning than yesterday morning. 😱 Surprisingly Bindi wanted to go for a longer walk.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Early classes, laundry and a bit more of a routine day here. I need to get out and pick up some branches in my back yard. It will warm up nicely today. 

In honor of Valentine’s Day, we briefly interrupt the animal series with a wine interlude…

55C377CD-259B-4203-9678-F0470C415385.jpeg.b77264473656d4df59090c6ad06a7c5e.jpeg

9E7897E3-929D-4D73-B95A-0CC93C5E7923.jpeg.18ab5632ed793bb87b7731a27a1f74ab.jpeg

16D5371B-A79F-4AAA-97E1-F34E199A6CBC.jpeg.5461031871b35e513bd28646824f5598.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Drew 2019 The Fog-Eater Pinot Noir

This Pinot Noir is going on my list. Excellent - superb ratings for all released vintages, and a price in my budget range. Several online distributors with prices starting at $39.98.

Winemaker Notes

The Fog-Eater is their appellation blend Pinot Noir where they select several Anderson Valley sites and bring them together to express the unique cool climate characteristics of Anderson Valley. The aim has always been to layer and elevate complexity and showcase this very special northern coastal valley. The 2019 vintage is showing incredible transparency with an ethereal quality from the front to the back of the palate. They combined four deep end vineyards in this 2019 bottling. With a focus on the Deep End of Anderson Valley, the true cooler end of the valley, the red fruit character leans into the cranberry and pomegranate with sage and red rose petals and distinctive forest mushroom character. all with bright acidity that keeps your mouth watering and wanting more.

Pair with roasted game hen and herbed mashed potatoes or grilled salmon with roasted butternut squash.

WE96 Wine Enthusiast

Rose petal and mint accents merge with deep, concentrated black-fruit flavors in this medium- to full-bodied wine that is laced with velvety, fine-grained tannins. It combines superb balance with layers of fruit and subtle spices for a very compelling palate. Best from 2024. Cellar Selection

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It won't be a day of celebration in my family; my brother died on Valentines day last year.

I noticed you also posted on the Crystal board about the difficulty facing today's celebration while grieving your brother's death a year ago today. May your upcoming visit to his graveside help you find comfort and closure.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Valentine’s Day. I’ve been trying to find out how to delete email contacts from my email so will celebrate clean out your computer day when I figure it out. I love the quote by Eleanore . She was a very strong woman and I could certainly use some of her strength these days. We had fraud on a fourth credit card and I’ve alerted the agency supplying the aides . It’s very discouraging especially when you know who did it and can’t prove it. With the shortage of aides, I’m quite sure he is working for someone else. With so much abuse from some of these people,  I shudder to think what is happening to older adults who live alone with no help near by.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6