Evening Chic Nights

Momma Rene

3 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Does anyone know when the evening chic nights would be on a 9 night cruise?  We would like to dress up for the two chic nights plus one more dress up night at Murano's.  

Would suggest you go to the Celebrity App and check out for your specific cruise.   You can also choose another sailing earlier with same number of nights and itinerary. 

From main page Click on Blue bar -- Hints and Tips - for each day page down to near the bottom and it will list the Attire of the day.

Usually it is the First Sea Night and Last Sea Night (unless last sea night is last night of cruise).

• Like 2

While we enjoy dressing up a bit on Chic nights, @graphicguy is correct.   It is a suggestion and officially the attire in Blu , Luminae and Specialty Restaurants is is Smart Casual every evening.  

Dress Code -

Formal Night gets a modern reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a short sleeve sport shirt.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, songbird1329 said:

So on an 11 night cruise we should expect two chic nights.  The app isn’t showing anything for our cruise yet, it’s too early.  Any guess when we’re having chic night!

Second night and the second to the last night. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, songbird1329 said:

So on an 11 night cruise we should expect two chic nights.  The app isn’t showing anything for our cruise yet, it’s too early.  Any guess when we’re having chic night!

Cruises of 4 to 6 nights have 1 Chic Night, Cruises 7- to 11-night have 2, and those of 12 nights or more nights have 3 Chic Nights.

Yes on an 11 night you will have 2 Chic nights.

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cruises of 4 to 6 nights have 1 Chic Night, Cruises 7- to 11-night have 2, and those of 12 nights or more nights have 3 Chic Nights.

Yes on an 11 night you will have 2 Chic nights.

All cruises of 7 or more nights are now 2 Evening Chic nights according to link you posted, no more three nights.

1 minute ago, dkjretired said:

All cruises of 7 or more nights are now 2 Evening Chic nights according to link you posted, no more three nights.

Celebrity and the fleet need to be consistent on this. Summit, 2019 14 night cruise. Celebrity's website said two evening chic nights.  When on the Summit the Celebrity Today posted three evening chic nights. 

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Yes.. per the post  according to my reading.

4-6 Nights   1 Chic Night

7-11 Nights 2 Chic Nights

12 Plus Nights    3 Chic Nights

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity and the fleet need to be consistent on this. Summit, 2019 14 night cruise. Celebrity's website said two evening chic nights.  When on the Summit the Celebrity Today posted three evening chic nights. 

then just pack for the chic nights that are important to one, all those pretty sparkly dresses, blouses, stiletto's, bring it on and show it off ladies.  Tiny hint, if you wear the same outfit twice, who cares, your still gonna look amazing and feel good.  Me and my husband will be there to cheer you on, albeit maybe in shorts and a polo, but still you're going to shine!  Bring your best Dolly and let it rip!!!

Edited by LGW59

We were on a cruise when some cruisers changed clothes a few times during Evening Chic nights to have pictures taken.   Photo shoots.   They looked great.  On these nights, you will see everything from shorts to tuxedos.  Go with you feel comfortable.  

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

then just pack for the chic nights that are important to one, all those pretty sparkly dresses, blouses, stiletto's, bring it on and show it off ladies.  Tiny hint, if you wear the same outfit twice, who cares, your still gonna look amazing and feel good.  Me and my husband will be there to cheer you on, albeit maybe in shorts and a polo, but still you're going to shine!  Bring your best Dolly and let it rip!!!

You won't be cheering us along. If you did I may flip you off. 😉 We don't do formal wear anymore (since 2016 when Celebrity introduced evening chic guidelines). Me, first night, shorts and golf/polo style shirts. Every night after that for me it's dockers and golf/polo style shirts. My wife, slacks and a fancy top along with all her bling. My wife is very good at keeping us looking fresh.  My only point (guess I missed the mark) was some do pack/plan for their cruise according to Celebrity's published suggested dress guidelines on their website for the MDR in the evening.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

You won't be cheering us along. If you did I may flip you off. 😉 We don't do formal wear anymore (since 2016 when Celebrity introduced evening chic guidelines). Me, first night, shorts and golf/polo style shirts. Every night after that for me it's dockers and golf/polo style shirts. My wife, slacks and a fancy top along with all her bling. My wife is very good at keeping us looking fresh.  My only point (guess I missed the mark) was some do pack/plan for their cruise according to Celebrity's published suggested dress guidelines on their website for the MDR in the evening.  

My husband likes a few sequins, a la Dolly, sewn into his shorts, you will find us easily, we do not dress up.  I'll cheer you on no matter, you won't flip us off, if you do, well then, you will be in GRRRR trouble!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Tiny hint, if you wear the same outfit twice, who cares, your still gonna look amazing and feel good.

LOL-- WHO CARES ??? Are you kiddin ???

Oops, forget it----You are correct !!! 

You must be thinkin 'bout  that " Old F--t " with that 32 yr old, etc, etc . that I can't get out of my head .

I'll bet he don't remember from one day to the next what what she wore .

I'll also bet he won't feel so good when he gets home and " Guess who " asks " How was your business trip to Montreal ? How come I didn't see any credit card charges in the 7 days you were there " ?

(  A cruise more than 7 days would have " killed " him ).

• Haha 1

Does the 2 Chic nights hold for Alaska cruises, too? Not that I am packing my formal gowns but a bit of a step up might be called for. Maybe. I looked on the website at menus as someone suggested and did not find any notes at the bottom of each day suggesting what they would like you to wear. 

12 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Does the 2 Chic nights hold for Alaska cruises, too? Not that I am packing my formal gowns but a bit of a step up might be called for. Maybe. I looked on the website at menus as someone suggested and did not find any notes at the bottom of each day suggesting what they would like you to wear. 

On all of our Alaska Cruise as well as all other locations they had Chic nights.

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

These days a nice shirt and casual slacks is as fancy I get on Chic nights. 

Trivia question:

Can anyone guess which ship this Evening Chic Restroom selfie was taken on?

PXL_20211124_041350290.jpg

Well from other posts we know you were on APEX recently.  Is that the answer?

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- WHO CARES ??? Are you kiddin ???

Oops, forget it----You are correct !!! 

You must be thinkin 'bout  that " Old F--t " with that 32 yr old, etc, etc . that I can't get out of my head .

I'll bet he don't remember from one day to the next what what she wore .

I'll also bet he won't feel so good when he gets home and " Guess who " asks " How was your business trip to Montreal ? How come I didn't see any credit card charges in the 7 days you were there " ?

(  A cruise more than 7 days would have " killed " him ).

I'm old and have a good memory but couldn't tell ya what my wife wears from one day to another. And she'll back me up saying that. 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, davekathy said:

I'm old and have a good memory but couldn't tell ya what my wife wears from one day to another. And she'll back me up saying that. 😂

Thats okay- I can't always remember what I wore from one day to another. As far as my husband- I think if I turned him around he couldn't tell you what I was wearing right now. 

• Haha 3