Evening Chic Nights

Momma Rene

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

BINGO!

Summit Thanksgiving cruise November 22-27, 2021. They did a great job with the Revolution refurbishments.

I agree. We were surprised the revolution didn't include the Rendezvous Lounge though. But still a nice place to hang out for awhile.  

8 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

As far as my husband- I think if I turned him around he couldn't tell you what I was wearing right now. 

LOL--- Keep it clean--- This is a " site " for polite conversation ( unless someone doesn't agree with you ) --- not for " sights " !!!   

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. We were surprised the revolution didn't include the Rendezvous Lounge though. But still a nice place to hang out for awhile.  

Do you mean Revelations Lounge on Deck 11? It was also very apparent that Cafe Al Bacio wasn't refurbished and looked a little dowdy in comparison to the newer parts.  

Just now, kwokpot said:

Do you mean Revelations Lounge on Deck 11? It was also very apparent that Cafe Al Bacio wasn't refurbished and looked a little dowdy in comparison to the newer parts.  

No, Rendezvous Lounge deck 4 (aft). Nice bar, dance floor (we don't dance anymore) small stage area for a live band and plenty of seating. The Revelations Lounge really is the Sky Lounge even though the big red "R" is still outside the entrance. That's right, Cafe Al Bacio didn't get a facelift either. 

I never worry about which nights are Evening Chic unless I want to book a specialty restaurant. On a 7-night cruise, I plan for two, but pack for three. My Evening Chic wardrobe is Chico’s Traveler’s slinky pants with a silky or beaded top. I pack  three tops, just in case something comes along that requires a more upscale look, in addition to the two Evening Chic nights. 

Thanks for all the info!  As far as I can see, the Luminae menu on the second night is not so great (I may be wrong on that), so we will be in Murano.  The third night is evening chic and then there is the second chic night toward the end of the voyage.  

3 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Thanks for all the info!  As far as I can see, the Luminae menu on the second night is not so great (I may be wrong on that), so we will be in Murano.  The third night is evening chic and then there is the second chic night toward the end of the voyage.  

I love the cod dish on the day 2 dinner meal. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CaroltheB said:

I want to bring my own wine from home. Would I pack that in checked bag or carryon?

Celebrity states that your need to have it with you in your carry on baggage.   I've always put them in my backpack.  However, since we are only booking suites now, I found that the DBP meets my wine needs. 

However, if you research you will find people that have brought it onboard in the checked bags.  From what I understand that results in your bags being held back by security in the "naughty room" and you may have to go down and open them so security can make sure it is wine and not something else. 

Here's what a quick Google search turned up:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/faq/Cel_Alcohol_Policy_07-30-07.pdf

Edited by DaKahuna

DBP == Deluxe Beverage Package -- Sorry -- it's a pretty common abbreviation here on Cruise Critic (CC). 

There is normally a bottle of sparkling wine in the suite.  Since I am a big fan of reds and my wife is a big fan of whites on the sweet side, think Moscato, we stopped bringing our own.  If we want a glass to have in our room, I normally go to the closest bar and pick us up a glass each.   Anytime we have wanted a bottle for the room we buy one. 

I have also been able to swap the bottle of sparkling wine they provide on arrival for a bottle of red wine.   

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This is from CHIC  NIGHT last night from Retreat Lounge for pre-dinner drinks.  

A840AFBC-AB9E-4256-8B63-DBE9F571AF0E.jpeg

Looks like people are having a good time. What do people find problematic with this seating arrangement? It's like having friends over in your living room as opposed to sitting and chatting at a bar as in Michael's Club. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 6:26 PM, Momma Rene said:

Evening chic does not apply to Luminae any night. Only the MDR.

4 hours ago, CaroltheB said:

I want to bring my own wine from home. Would I pack that in checked bag or carryon?

Carry on. Two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom, not per person. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Looks like people are having a good time. What do people find problematic with this seating arrangement? It's like having friends over in your living room as opposed to sitting and chatting at a bar as in Michael's Club. 

It was.  We have a good time chatting with new found friends…kinda like a living room soirée at your home!

• Like 1

We enjoy dressing up for chic nights- Not a gown and tux- but my husband enjoys wearing a jacket and tie and I will wear either a cocktail dress, or silk pants and a top.  Other nights, he wears a long sleeved button down shirt and dressy slacks- I opt for pants and a top or casual dress.

The ship is typically very cool, so a jacket is really worth bringing.  This is my opinion- and others might disagree-

On our current cruise (Apex)…We saw a family in suits and dresses (maybe 8-10).  But, they were waiting around the photo studio.  

Everyone else?  Pretty laid back via their mode of dress.  Haven’t seen anyone dress stupid on this cruise, whether over the top formal or over the top casual.  

Temps inside the ship have been near perfect.

Give the same advice I give everyone….dress as you like, whenever you like without dressing stupid.

We don’t get pics on board unless we have someone snap a pic via our request.  

Have yet to eat in any MDR.  So, not sure how they dressed!

Edited by graphicguy

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This can't be from a Celebrity ship.  Where are all the young, thin Millennials?

Pretty broad age range on this cruise….as many 30 year olds as their are octogenarians.  I’d say the median age is probably 50s?