masquerade gala night

Electra 7

Hi we are going Queen Elizabeth 15th April it is the first voyage to have masquerade gala night since return of cruising 

do we have any idea if it will go ahead

how many people normally participate

any information on masquerade nights will be appreciated

2 hours ago, Electra 7 said:

Hi we are going Queen Elizabeth 15th April it is the first voyage to have masquerade gala night since return of cruising 

do we have any idea if it will go ahead

how many people normally participate

any information on masquerade nights will be appreciated

If it goes ahead, it matters not how many join in, but those who do will enjoy it immensely.  The prize winner could be you.  Don’t spend time thinking, just go for it and have fun.  It’s your Cunard cruise, do it your way.

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Probably no more than 10% of pax will join in. You might get a few wearing masks in the public areas, but mostly it's just in the Queens Room for the dancing.

In 25+ trips, we've never bothered.

I do go to the dancing 

42 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If it goes ahead, it matters not how many join in, but those who do will enjoy it immensely.  The prize winner could be you.  Don’t spend time thinking, just go for it and have fun.  It’s your Cunard cruise, do it your way.

Yeah I would go for it but did not want to spend a lot of money incase I did not need mask or spend time making one if there was no point

I do have one that I bought in Venice but does not match outfit so I was going to buy a different one 

we are doing transatlantic in October and I want to a make one for then so it was just to see if it was all worth while 

not that I will win but just wondered what prize is

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

Yeah I would go for it but did not want to spend a lot of money incase I did not need mask or spend time making one if there was no point

I do have one that I bought in Venice but does not match outfit so I was going to buy a different one 

we are doing transatlantic in October and I want to a make one for then so it was just to see if it was all worth while 

not that I will win but just wondered what prize is

Not 100% sure…… But think the 1st prize could be a bottle of PA, with 2nd place receiving two bottles. 😀

• Haha 3

Our Masquerade Gala Night was still scheduled when I looked recently. Even if they remove it, we'll probably wear masks anyway. We may even change them over the evening to try and confuse folk! 🤣

As you can see we've quite a collection now. Prices ranging from less than €1 for the flimsy black ones to €16 for the gold coloured metal one. On the basis of N's planned outfit the ones at the front are currently in favour.

IMG_20220215_213633968_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 1

I travelled on a November 2019 Transatlantic which had a Masquerade Ball. I’d say most passengers did NOT participate, but a sizeable minority did. The focus is on the Queen’s Room, which is where the competition is held. I did not dance, but did have a full Venetian style mask. We had massive fun wearing them and masks were a talking point around the ship including the Chart Room and G32. Thankfully both masks are intact and ready for then next voyage! 

37 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

How far in advance of the cruise do they tell you the theme of the gala nights?

if your cruise is this year  look under heading dress code and theme schedule nights by Bluemarble

you may find your dress code

• 1 month later...

@D&N has reported on the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules" thread that the second gala evening for QM2's May 29, 2022 westbound crossing has now been changed from the Masquerade theme to Roaring Twenties. That's the gala evening on June 3rd.

Is anyone else seeing a change to what was previously scheduled as a Masquerade theme on your voyages, especially for dates through June?

@Electra 7, as the author of this thread, is your April 15, 2022 QE cruise still showing a Masquerade theme on the evening of April 21st?

Here are the dates I'm most interested about since I still have them listed as Masquerade themes. Since QM2's theme on June 3rd has been changed, these dates are suspect as well.

QM2 Masquerade evenings listed through June 2022

April 29th  (on April 17th westbound crossing)

May 13th  (on May 8th westbound crossing)

May 27th  (on May 22nd Norway cruise)

June 29th  (on June 24th westbound crossing)

QE Masquerade evenings listed through June 2022

April 21st  (on April 15th Mediterranean cruise)

May 7th  (on May 2nd segment to Fort Lauderdale)

May 25th (on May 14th segment to Vancouver)

If you are on any of these voyages could you please let me know if these dates are still listed for the Masquerade theme on your daily calendars within My Cunard? If not, what theme (if any) has replaced the Masquerade theme?

If you are on a later cruise that was scheduled for a Masquerade theme, I'd also be interested to hear about that. It will be helpful to receive confirmation if your voyage is still scheduled for a Masquerade theme evening or if it has also been changed.

I can contribute that QM2 is still scheduled for Masquerade themes on the evenings on Sept 9th and Sept 21st.

Thanks everyone with your help to update the 2022 dress code and theme schedules for this detail.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

@D&N has reported on the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules" thread that the second gala evening for QM2's May 29, 2022 westbound crossing has now been changed from the Masquerade theme to Roaring Twenties. That's the gala evening on June 3rd.

Is anyone else seeing a change to what was previously scheduled as a Masquerade theme on your voyages, especially for dates through June?

@Electra 7, as the author of this thread, is your April 15, 2022 QE cruise still showing a Masquerade theme on the evening of April 21st?

Here are the dates I'm most interested about since I still have them listed as Masquerade themes. Since QM2's theme on June 3rd has been changed, these dates are suspect as well.

May 13th  (on May 8th westbound crossing)

April 21st  (on April 15th Mediterranean cruise)

May 7th  (on May 2nd segment to Fort Lauderdale)

May 25th (on May 14th segment to Vancouver)

If you are on any of these voyages could you please let me know if these dates are still listed for the Masquerade theme on your daily calendars within My Cunard? If not, what theme (if any) has replaced the Masquerade theme?

If you are on a later cruise that was scheduled for a Masquerade theme, I'd also be interested to hear about that. It will be helpful to receive confirmation if your voyage is still scheduled for a Masquerade theme evening or if it has also been changed.

I can contribute that QM2 is still scheduled for Masquerade themes on the evenings on Sept 9th and Sept 21st.

Thanks everyone with your help to update the 2022 dress code and theme schedules for this detail.

Thank you so much for asking as I was just about to make my mask and looks like there is no need now it says Gala night with nothing else next to it 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

May 13th  (on May 8th westbound crossing) NOW SHOWING AS GALA NIGHT

i just checked on My Cunard and the May 13th night (on the May 8th WB) is showing as just a Gala Night. I tried to connect Cunard but the current hold time is 20 minutes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Electra 7 said:

Thank you so much for asking as I was just about to make my mask and looks like there is no need now it says Gala night with nothing else next to it 

As you may have noted from a previous post of mine containing a photo; we have acquired 13 masks between us. We fully intend to wear two of them in public at some point during our round trip crossing, no matter what! 

On 2/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, BigMac1953 said:

When I won a competition a few years ago, it was the dreaded  Pol Acker

You were lucky. P&O gave us a gent's toiletries bag and flimsy umbrella for winning the "Strictly" Tango competition.

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Not relevant of course to your excellent work in compiling these lists. Thank you for that.

It is quite annoying though. Cunard didn't sell us two crossings. It was sold as one 14 night roundtrip (M215A). It seems unreasonable that folk are offered two identical themed nights in a two week voyage. I've contacted Cunard by Messenger, and will try phoning if I don't get acceptable response.

There must be lots of customers who sail both ways who will be affected by this. OK many don't bother with the themes but for those that do .............

I've learned May 27th on the QM2 Norway cruise has also been changed from Masquerade to Roaring Twenties. Here is where we are now with the status of the Masquerade dates through June 2022.

April 29th - Unknown

May 13th - Changed to no theme

May 27th - Changed to Roaring Twenties

June 3rd - Changed to Roaring Twenties

June 29th - Unknown

April 21st - Changed to no theme

May 7th  - Unknown

May 25th - Unknown

If anyone can provide the current status of the remaining "Unknown" dates, I'd appreciate it. I'd also like to hear if any dates after these (especially July/August) are still listed as Masquerade themes in your My Cunard daily calendars.

We will be on the May 8th QM2 Crossing which just switched the Masquerade Ball to a Gala Ball. There was no announcemt from Cunard just a change on the My Cunard daily schedule page. So I'm wondering if some passengers might still show up with masks. We are considering still bringing and wearing our mask that night in a show of civil disobedience. All depends on if there is room in our bags and how much Veuve Clicquot we have at dinner.

Jack

• Haha 1

I've learned the May 7th and May 25th evenings on QE no longer have Masquerade themes (as anticipated). Apparently those evenings are non-themed gala evenings now. I will assume the April 29th evening on QM2 will no longer have a Masquerade theme as well and will list it without a theme until I hear otherwise.