Suite booked on quarantine deck Discovery

MJU

I have an aft penthouse suite on Dolphin booked for June on Discovery Princess.  I understand that the aft section of Dolphin is being used for quarantine.  I have not received notice from Princess and my booking still has original cabin - however I am sure it is coming soon.  I am wondering where they will move me to and what if any (besides difference in rate) will be offered.  Has anyone heard of or experienced something similar.  I am pretty sure I read on here that someone in suite got a free mini suite with all suite benefits but I'm not sure that would make me happy.  

Thanks in advance

12 minutes ago, MJU said:

I have an aft penthouse suite on Dolphin booked for June on Discovery Princess.  I understand that the aft section of Dolphin is being used for quarantine.  I have not received notice from Princess and my booking still has original cabin - however I am sure it is coming soon.  I am wondering where they will move me to and what if any (besides difference in rate) will be offered.  Has anyone heard of or experienced something similar.  I am pretty sure I read on here that someone in suite got a free mini suite with all suite benefits but I'm not sure that would make me happy.  

Thanks in advance

I was in cabin D730 for the 4/17 cruise. I got the email last Friday, they moved me to B737 so the same type of cabin just two decks above.

• Like 1

This happened to me on my Jan 6 sailing on the Ruby.  I was booked in the aft facing owners suite ($10,338) on the port side Aloha deck which is the quarantine area.  I got a phone call 2 days before Christmas and was offered a mid ship penthouse for $900 less or a 2 bedroom family suite for  $6500 less. Both offers came with $2000 refundable OBC and an additional free specialty dining for both of us. 

Long story short, in the end an aft facing PH became available and we took that.  

RIck&Jeannie

I hope you are right - this is my first time in a penthouse and I really do not want to be moved.  We booked this cabin as soon as cabins were released (the day cabins were released)

4 hours ago, MJU said:

Thanks in advance

That would work for me.😉

We had a penthouse suite on the Majestic in November on D deck(with the largest balcony), and were bumped to c deck penthouse because of quarantine cabin protocols. I was given no notice but happened to see the change when i checked my cruise planner online. I immediately called Princess but noting could be done to change back to my original cabin. No OBC was offered as compensation either.

• Like 1

We had the Penthouse Suite D726 with the HUGE balcony on the Sky in December.  I was terrified that I was going to be moved because of Dolphin being the "quarantine deck".  But they ended up stopping the quarantine deck (using the big heavy firewall doors) right before the elevator so we got to keep our cabin.

But another person a few cruises prior got moved.  So you don't really know.

And I agree with everyone else, it's too early to know what it will be like in June.

• Like 1

We were moved from a penthouse to a mini suite a week before our Emerald cruise in November.  Told we would get a full refund and keep all suite amenities.  After two days onboard we were moved to our original suite, supposedly still with full refund.  Haven't gotten the $$$ yet.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJU said:

People on first several cruises have been moved off Dolphin and also all of the aft cabins on Dolphin are not available to book anymore through the summer.

That's good that they are not available to book anymore. Should have done that from the beginning.

No one can predict cruising protocols in Feb for a Jun sailing.  Things are changing monthly, weekly, daily and even hourly at the moment.  More than likely this is why Princess has not reached out.  I don't like uncertainty either but sailing during a pandemic, you have to be willing to accept some.  

4 hours ago, MJU said:

People on first several cruises have been moved off Dolphin and also all of the aft cabins on Dolphin are not available to book anymore through the summer.

They are now going further than the aft cabins. My friend in a handicapped  cabin in the 300's got moved a few days ago. Lucky she was able to get another handicapped cabin on another deck.

• Like 1

I also received an email to change my suite from D727 to M722. I called and after 1 1/2 hours was able to secure M723 so I was at least on the preferred side. Does anyone know if the higher you are on the aft corner if it’s more wind? I did not receive any credit for being moved. 

44 minutes ago, Cruise Guest said:

I also received an email to change my suite from D727 to M722. I called and after 1 1/2 hours was able to secure M723 so I was at least on the preferred side. Does anyone know if the higher you are on the aft corner if it’s more wind? I did not receive any credit for being moved. 

We've been in aft corners and don't recall any wind.

I was just informed they moved us from Dolphin aft to Caribe midship due to quarantine space necessity for a late May sailing. We lost a bigger balcony to a normal balcony. Hoping they can do something but not optimistic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Guest said:

Forgot to add my Alaska cruise on Discovery is May 22nd 

A group of us are on the May 15th Discovery sailing. We were all in the aft on Dolphin Deck with large balcony cabins. Most of us were in Premium Deluxe aft cabins. Four days ago we got the notice that we were being moved so they could create the isolation ward.  Those of us in Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins were moved to minis on Marina deck and those in standard balcony cabins were moved to other standard balcony cabins on Marina.  One of our party was originally booked in the aft suite but changed the sailing date before final payment so I am not sure how Princess would have handled their cabin. 

We heard we were moved this week ( Monday) so you may hear next week or soon after.  

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, MJU said:

I forgot to mention that there are no other comparable suites available 

Looks like M722 is available on the May 22 sailing. It’s an S3 category, the same as the aft penthouse’s on Dolphin. If it’s still available and Princess decides they want the Dolphin cabins for isolation they may move you there since it’s the only open aft comparable ( in category) to what you have.  Maybe you will get lucky and they will bump you up to the Sky suite!