Must proof of vaccination be uploaded to the Royal app?

I had the same question.  I had done all I could for check in and there was no option for uploading, this was about 40 days out from my cruise.  At somewhere around 21 days out I checked the Royal App and there was an option to enter/upload vax info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

At somewhere around 21 days out I checked the Royal App and there was an option to enter/upload vax info.

Huh...well, I'm at a bit under 30 days, so let's see if something magically appears in a few. Thanks!

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

As I recall from January,  you couldn't upload any health information until a couple of days before the cruise.  But yes, you still needed to bring your vaccine card with you.  We carried test results as well.

Think DW showed them everything, LOL.

• Thanks 1

We have been on several cruises with Royal since the restart; the last one ending on Jan. 21st. I recall carrying our passports (with vaccination cards tucked inside), printed test results,  and boarding passes into the terminal and showing them all  at least once before we stepped onboard the ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Interesting. So why then, during check-in, does it say that you MUST download the app prior to boarding. Would be just as well to not have to bring along the vaccination cards if there is a way to have them in digital format, but no big deal to pack them. 

just bring the cards, they won't take up to much room tucked inside your passport.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I went ahead and uploaded ours in the app a few weeks ago for a cruise on March 20.  Was pretty simple to access and upload.  Could also scan the passport as well.  

Not have to do but you still need to show your card at the terminal before you are allowed to board.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Interesting. So why then, during check-in, does it say that you MUST download the app prior to boarding. Would be just as well to not have to bring along the vaccination cards if there is a way to have them in digital format, but no big deal to pack them. 

As I recall when I did our checkin, it said "download the app", but then, in smaller print said that if you don't, you are welcome to provide that info at the pier.

I might mention also that on our Caribbean cruise last week, we were told to take ship card, photo ID, and vax card ashore with us in every port.  We did; were not asked for them at any store or other service, but supposedly our carrying of them was required by all the island authorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

As I recall when I did our checkin, it said "download the app", but then, in smaller print said that if you don't, you are welcome to provide that info at the pier.

I might mention also that on our Caribbean cruise last week, we were told to take ship card, photo ID, and vax card ashore with us in every port.  We did; were not asked for them at any store or other service, but supposedly our carrying of them was required by all the island authorities.

It is always a good idea to carry photo ID with you, sea pass you definitely need but we didn't take our CDC vax card with us to any of the islands we went to, but I have heard that some did want to see them.    I believe Puerto Rico was one of them. 

• Thanks 1

I uploaded a photo of my UK vaccination record via the app to be greeted with a message saying it was being verified. A couple of days later that changed to there was an issue with it but it is the only record I have (we have electronic versions here) so I thought I’d just wait until I got to the Pier but Royal actually rung me in UK to advise me I needed to upload it again. I’ve just done so and will wait to see what happens, I figure if it’s good enough to get me into the US, it should be good enough to get on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Found that the "check-in" feature on the app is where you access the vax upload feature. I'm told by relatives who have sailed recently that you have to show the actual card anyway. 

Our physical card was inspected 4 times before we were allowed to board (including on the gangway). 

• Thanks 1

i just did my online check in Friday and used the Royal App on my phone.   I had taken a picture of my vaccination cards and during check in I was able to download during check in.  I think it took an hour or so before I had seen a check mark that my card was verified by RC.