Live from Majestic Princess February 19

californiagirl

We'll be sailing the Majestic in May, and will have a person in a wheelchair in our party.  We would like to visit the shooting gallery on the Sports Deck, located on Deck 18 aft.  Although the deck plan shows an accessible route around the perimeter or deck 18, we don't see any elevator that would lead to that accessible route.  Are we missing something or is it not possible to access Deck 18 via wheelchair?  Any info appreciated.

1 hour ago, eyelash said:

We'll be sailing the Majestic in May, and will have a person in a wheelchair in our party.  We would like to visit the shooting gallery on the Sports Deck, located on Deck 18 aft.  Although the deck plan shows an accessible route around the perimeter or deck 18, we don't see any elevator that would lead to that accessible route.  Are we missing something or is it not possible to access Deck 18 via wheelchair?  Any info appreciated.

Hi, I found this web site and this PDF. Do they help? 

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=MJ

mj-accessible-route-map.pdf

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your live post!
It’s been SO long, I forgot how to ask questions. We may book this cruise for April 16th. I was wondering which days are formal days in this  7-day itinerary? Thanks in advane.

Day 3

Here are some answers to questions: (I will attach pictures at the end of this post.)

-Guest services said the cruise director is a “guest cruise director”. Her name is Natalie.  They declined to give her last name and on the wake show only her first name is given.  She had a cute dress on…but then some people may consider me an old lady.😂

-Sadly the entire Dolphin deck is for quarantine only. Both crew and passengers.  I went to the deck and also confirmed with guest services.  No word on when that will change.

-Good news! There is an elevator from deck 17 to deck 18.  It does not require a crew member to operate either. I was able to use it by myself.  Take the aft elevator to deck 17.  In the center of the bank of elevators is a metal door with an elevator button on the wall to the right.  It only goes between decks 17 and 18.  See photos.

-Crown Royal is available.  See photo.

-Last night was formal night.  I’ll check when the second formal night occurs.

I think those were all the questions.  Remind me if I forgot anyone.  Today was gorgeous and warm.  I didn’t get off the ship.  (From the number of people onboard I was not alone!)  I worked out then went to the Enclave.  Followed by reading a book from various locations around the ship.  From my balcony I could see LOTS of marine traffic.  Boats and wave runners everywhere.  As we were coming into Cabo I saw two whales breach!  I have binoculars with me so I had a good view.  Look for the spray, keep watching and you should ultimately be rewarded.

On a personal note our dog had a medical emergency today.  He collapsed after his morning walk.  My husband carried him to the car and then into the Vet’s office.  They took him back immediately.  It looks like he has Addison’s. He had nearly every symptom.  He stabilized after 3 hours. I was so grateful we were in port so my husband and I could call and text back and forth.  Our dog is a 4 year old German Shorthair Pointer.  

Dinner last night was better.  There was still a line but it moved quickly.  The wait staff seemed spread thin.  They were working so hard.  I looked at the buffet last night after dinner and it’s still a meager variety.  I’m not going to the dining room tonight.  Nothing appeals to me.  I think I will try out Alfredo’s tonight.  Breakfast was very busy in the buffet with all the usual choices.  I love their muesli.  I add nuts and dried fruit.  It looks like the always available traditional creme brûlée has been replaced with pistachio creme brûlée.  It tastes suspiciously like a thinner version of Princess’ pistachio pudding.

• Like 3

I am sorry about your dog. I am a 4-H Dog leader, no dogs of my own since I love to travel. Just came back from early dinner in MDR. It was horrible! Left and grabbed a sandwich from International Cafe, and of course a glass of wine from the Vines. Even on my last Majestic cruise on Jan 8, their salads are unimaginable. I may skip the MDR tomorrow and go for a pizza. Even their salads are 10x better than MDR.

The second "formal" night (now "dress to impress", I think) should be on Thursday night.  They can't do a formal night on the last night, since everyone is packing and it is too cumbersome to do a formal night then.  (Lots of people wear the same clothes on the last night as for the disembarkation.)  So the next to last night is usually the second formal night.  Especially if it is a sea day or an early port day, with everyone back on board by 4:00 p.m. or so (so they have time to get ready for the festivities).  

On 2/20/2022 at 12:30 PM, californiagirl said:

Update on dinner last night.  It was a total mess!  It is the topic of conversation this morning throughout the ship. There were long lines to get into either dining room.  Concerto had two different lines, one for those with reservations and a line for those without reservations.  Allegro had one very long line.  It didn’t matter about reservation status.  Seating was done by moving along to the front of the very long line.  I think part of the problem lies in the increase in passenger count and because of the very limited options in the buffet.

I am not optimistic about DMW working well when the ships sail at 100% capacity.

You can always make and change reservations on the touch screen by the elevator, if you tap your medallion on the sensor.  I never could get the ap to work on my phone once on the ship but at least I could make MDR bookings from home.

13 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Day 3

Here are some answers to questions: (I will attach pictures at the end of this post.)

-Guest services said the cruise director is a “guest cruise director”. Her name is Natalie.  They declined to give her last name and on the wake show only her first name is given.  She had a cute dress on…but then some people may consider me an old lady.😂

-Sadly the entire Dolphin deck is for quarantine only. Both crew and passengers.  I went to the deck and also confirmed with guest services.  No word on when that will change.

-Good news! There is an elevator from deck 17 to deck 18.  It does not require a crew member to operate either. I was able to use it by myself.  Take the aft elevator to deck 17.  In the center of the bank of elevators is a metal door with an elevator button on the wall to the right.  It only goes between decks 17 and 18.  See photos.

-Crown Royal is available.  See photo.

-Last night was formal night.  I’ll check when the second formal night occurs.

I think those were all the questions.  Remind me if I forgot anyone.  Today was gorgeous and warm.  I didn’t get off the ship.  (From the number of people onboard I was not alone!)  I worked out then went to the Enclave.  Followed by reading a book from various locations around the ship.  From my balcony I could see LOTS of marine traffic.  Boats and wave runners everywhere.  As we were coming into Cabo I saw two whales breach!  I have binoculars with me so I had a good view.  Look for the spray, keep watching and you should ultimately be rewarded.

On a personal note our dog had a medical emergency today.  He collapsed after his morning walk.  My husband carried him to the car and then into the Vet’s office.  They took him back immediately.  It looks like he has Addison’s. He had nearly every symptom.  He stabilized after 3 hours. I was so grateful we were in port so my husband and I could call and text back and forth.  Our dog is a 4 year old German Shorthair Pointer.  

Dinner last night was better.  There was still a line but it moved quickly.  The wait staff seemed spread thin.  They were working so hard.  I looked at the buffet last night after dinner and it’s still a meager variety.  I’m not going to the dining room tonight.  Nothing appeals to me.  I think I will try out Alfredo’s tonight.  Breakfast was very busy in the buffet with all the usual choices.  I love their muesli.  I add nuts and dried fruit.  It looks like the always available traditional creme brûlée has been replaced with pistachio creme brûlée.  It tastes suspiciously like a thinner version of Princess’ pistachio pudding.

Sending good wishes to your dog!

I didn’t dine at the MDR that often on my September Majestic cruise, but now I can’t recall why. Usually I could find a few suitable items at the buffet but the variety was definitely lacking. Mind you, compared to the buffet on my December Navigator of the Seas cruise, the Majestic buffet was bountiful and a delight to the palate….

Alfredo’s pizza was pretty darned good. I’m not generally a pizza person but I ate a lot of Alfredo’s pizza.  

• Like 1

Natalie is great. She dresses elegantly every night. She’s also on instagram if you want to follow her (@cruisedirectornat). She may not be as accessible as Kevin on my January cruise but I think she’s doing a good job. Photo below from the Wake Show this morning. 

728C6503-0F4B-40F7-8BB9-49FA49CA374A.thumb.jpeg.a7661fd6904399a24bba9ab15b5b475e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1