Princess Website Problem

Happy2cruise

For the past 2 days when going into my "saved" cruises or "plan a cruise" when I hit details it goes to the cruise and a screen comes up that is grayed out boxes where the cruises would appears and nothing else happens.  If it means anything, I use firefox and just did an update around the time this started.  As being challenged on these things, wondering if anyone else is having this problem or could offer some help?  Thank you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

My husband and I are both having this same issue.  What exactly did you do to resolve it?  We've tried using a different browser but that didn't help.  

Bottom left of screen click on, type in System Restore, brings you to a screen that has the option there.  I did the restore to the date if suggested.  It took approx 20 min.  Google system restore and it may explain it better than I did.  Good Luck!

Yeah .... well not on my Droid. I've deleted all history and still grays out. Also cannot get into chat. Here's the really weird part. I can search cruises if I do not log in. That's how I know my 4/23/22 cruise dropped again which is why I'm trying to get into chat 

Yep, exactly.  I can search when not logged in, but when I or dh log in, search cruises and saved cruises are grayed out.  I did get in via chat on Friday and reported it.  The agent said they didn't see any issues with my account but would report it and I should check back later.  2 days later, no difference.  

Same issues on Edge, Firefox and my iphone.

Edited by pompeii

Part of website just came up & I want to book 2 cruises during the $1 deposit time (some of my FCC is pause 1 / won't cover deposit). Problem is chat, online, 1-800-princess are all apparently down. Anyone know anything about $1 deposit? Specifically can I use it for Alaska? Baltics in August? (Enchanted) How long will the promo last? 

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Part of website just came up & I want to book 2 cruises during the $1 deposit time (some of my FCC is pause 1 / won't cover deposit). Problem is chat, online, 1-800-princess are all apparently down. Anyone know anything about $1 deposit? Specifically can I use it for Alaska?   No Baltics in August? (Enchanted) No How long will the promo last? 3 days 

Some life returns to website.  Answers in red. So just emailing PVP

I chatted with Princess again a little earlier this afternoon and reported the grayed out search issue.  The rep "checked with her supervisor" and came back to tell me that there are no reported issues with the website and I should try again later.  I told her this started happening a few days ago, so I have already  "tried again later" and on different browsers, and after clearing cache and cookies.  And that others are having the same issue, so it is a problem on Princess' side.  She said she would report the issue to tech, but somehow I doubt it'll go any further once we disconnected.  She seemed to be reading from the "answers to get them off the phone" manual.  

I am also having the same problem. Also only if I log in to my Princess account. I deleted history, cache, data and still have the same problem. I thought maybe my desktop computer is low on memory, so yesterday I ordered a 4GB memory card.  The memory card is to arrive next week, my original plan was to install the new card so my computer will have more memory, and see if my problem will go away.  I am glad someone started this thread, so now I know it is not "memory shortage" problem" on my computer. I'm just happy to hear it isn't just me.

19 hours ago, Ombud said:

Here's the really weird part. I can search cruises if I do not log in. That's how I know my 4/23/22 cruise dropped again which is why I'm trying to get into chat 

Edited by judithzuz

On 2/20/2022 at 10:20 AM, Ombud said:

Yeah .... well not on my Droid. I've deleted all history and still grays out. Also cannot get into chat. Here's the really weird part. I can search cruises if I do not log in. That's how I know my 4/23/22 cruise dropped again which is why I'm trying to get into chat 

I just logged out and was able to search for cruises.  Thanks for the tip.

I have not had the problem people have been reporting. The website works OK with both Firefox on Android and Firefox on MacOS and also Windows.

I did have a problem in general with the internet not downloading any data the other day but that was resolved by restarting the cable modem.

Maybe it will be sporadic while they fix the issue(s)? Still a no go for me.

Cleared out cookies this morning and still had the same issues as many of you had previously noted.

I moved from my Mozilla browser to Safari and everything worked fine.

Well finally fixed my problem with EZ Air.  After trying to book for 3 days with an error notice popping up, waiting on hold Friday and being disconnected and then no answer and then waiting again yesterday on hold for two hours and then the time I really wanted the price increased, I was able to book a flight with the agent.  She had to talk to the EZ Air experts and doesn't know why this happened but should be okay now.  Won't know until I try to change the flight.