"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

2 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

I'm on board, and I would too, paper copies discontinued. Went to guest services, had to request stateroom delivery. Was told everyone uses the app, saving paper, no longer automatically distributing to staterooms. 

Will see if we get paper ones now after we requested.

You might have better luck asking your cabin steward for the Compasses to be delivered rather than guest services.

• Like 1

No paper compasses about. Even at the guest service area where they use to be readily available in multiple languages.

I use the app so no skin off my back.

At 3500 the ship does not feel crowded to me at all.

went to Izumi Hibachi this evening. Worth the extra 10.00 per person. Presentation was not photo worthy, but I did take a lot of video, because it’s all about the show. Here is a little snippet. 

Tomorrow is Cozumel, we will be staying at Nachi Cocom for a beach day. 

Edited by binro01
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, binro01 said:

Tomorrow is Cozumel, we will be staying at Nachi Cocom for a beach day. 

Excited to hear all about it. That’s what we are thinking about when we go. Never been so I’m interested in your thoughts.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

My MIL also lives in Jupiter. If you ever have a chance to go to the sea turtle rescue there, it is my fav. One of my partners (MrCatLady) adopts me a sea turtle from there every year for Channukah. So much fun!

does anyone reading know if Allure has an escape room, and if so, whether it is operating?

no allure doesnt have an escape room

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

They actually put all that information from the compass on the app? or is it condensed? that is alot of stuff to scroll thru on your phone.

The key points are included.... dining times, activities, etc. It is a bit if a scaled down version of the Compass. The printed version on Allure a month ago was also scaled down from what we all know from pre-shutdown times. I do, however, still find it easier to use for a quick scan of what is going on for the day than using the app but I can make do without it.

I tend to always have my phone with me on the ship anyway since I transitioned to listening to my music with it instead of using an I-pod.

• Like 2

On Allure now, our cabin attendant asked if we wanted compasses. I asked for them on port days because I like to have the information re the port agent just in case anything happens and we have difficulty getting back to the ship. I do not see that info on the app. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Excited to hear all about it. That’s what we are thinking about when we go. Never been so I’m interested in your thoughts.

So far so good. Place is very laid back and quiet. Drinks are ok. Not heavy handed. The food is a little later. The people selling extras (snorkeling massages etc are not pushy). Very pretty beach. Little bit of the Seagram. But the smell is non existent. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, binro01 said:

So far so good. Place is very laid back and quiet. Drinks are ok. Not heavy handed. The food is a little later. The people selling extras (snorkeling massages etc are not pushy). Very pretty beach. Little bit of the Seagram. But the smell is non existent. 

We are going here on our late March Allure cruise as well! We can’t wait for the quiet 💕 how was getting a ride over? Would love a report on that and getting back to the ship. 

enjoy your day and drinks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

Thanks I was interested in knowing how bad the sargassum was. Good to know it wasn’t stinky. Enjoy your day! Cheers!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CityChickCruising said:

We are going here on our late March Allure cruise as well! We can’t wait for the quiet 💕 how was getting a ride over? Would love a report on that and getting back to the ship. 

enjoy your day and drinks! 

Getting there and back was a breeze. 17.00 for 1-4 people. (Plus tip). Getting back was simple too. They called the cab and gave me the cab number. No need to flag down or worry. We left around 2:30 and we’re back in our cabin by 3pm

• Thanks 1

Ok. Short review of Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. Nice quiet beach. They are not pushy with the upsells at all. Drinks were good. Not top shelf but not the cheapest you can find either. Food was tasty. I had the chicken fajitas, a plate of nachos a fruit salad and flan. You get an app, soup/salad, entree and dessert with the all inclusive package. The pool is very nice with a swim up bar. Also there is a very nice hot tub too connected to the pool. Plenty of shade. Water was warm in the pool but not too warm. No smell from the sargassum. They had 2 guys constantly keeping the beach clear from it. I tipped the servers 20 bucks once from the beginning and they just kept coming with drinks for me and my wife and kept us very happy. 

And now for the pictures. 

E727128E-FCF7-4FEE-B6D5-A52DA2B6059D.jpeg

05D39311-7253-413D-BB90-2F5EEC94AC6B.jpeg

BC1EEF61-FE09-46D6-B67C-9A15A04E6D70.jpeg

43C43A4D-1951-450D-8BD9-DB902DBC95F9.jpeg

B3B78E14-A764-497B-8C8F-4B8EA2F75DA9.jpeg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Ok. Short review of Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. Nice quiet beach. They are not pushy with the upsells at all. Drinks were good. Not top shelf but not the cheapest you can find either. Food was tasty. I had the chicken fajitas, a plate of nachos a fruit salad and flan. You get an app, soup/salad, entree and dessert with the all inclusive package. The pool is very nice with a swim up bar. Also there is a very nice hot tub too connected to the pool. Plenty of shade. Water was warm in the pool but not too warm. No smell from the sargassum. They had 2 guys constantly keeping the beach clear from it. I tipped the servers 20 bucks once from the beginning and they just kept coming with drinks for me and my wife and kept us very happy. 

Thanks for the details - phew on the cab! That’s always our worry. Looks like an amazing day, glad you enjoyed! 

9 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Thanks for the great review! We will be there in May. We got a great deal on the Atlantis submarine/ Nachi Cocum combo excursion.  Question - cruise mapper shows seven ships in port today.  Does Nachi Cocum still cap at 130? It looks nice and quiet in your pics!  How long is the cab ride  back to the ship?  Thank you!

7 hours ago, 4Nathan said:

Thanks for the great review! We will be there in May. We got a great deal on the Atlantis submarine/ Nachi Cocum combo excursion.  Question - cruise mapper shows seven ships in port today.  Does Nachi Cocum still cap at 130? It looks nice and quiet in your pics!  How long is the cab ride  back to the ship?  Thank you!

There were a ton of ships in port today but Nachi Cocom was still quiet. My guess is they capped their attendance. It was beautiful. Cab ride was about 15 min. 

• Like 2