"LIVE" Emerald Princess, Feb 27th to March 13th, 14 Day Caribbean

LACruiser88

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

@LACruiser88 - hope you are feeling better.  Are you home yet or still isolating in Florida?

Thank you for thinking of us! ❤   We were officially out of isolation this morning.  We just finished an airboat tour of the Everglades.

We both remained asymptomatic, thank god!  We are flying home to LAX tomorrow afternoon.

Once home, we will start the paper work process with the travel insurance company for reimbursement.  The insurance representative called us right after checking in and every other day to see if we needed anything.

The staff at the hotel has been very helpful and friendly.  The Coral Springs area is very nice and has many outstanding restaurants.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Thank you for thinking of us! ❤   We were officially out of isolation this morning.  We just finished an airboat tour of the Everglades.

We both remained asymptomatic, thank god!  We are flying home to LAX tomorrow afternoon.

Once home, we will start the paper work process with the travel insurance company for reimbursement.  The insurance representative called us right after checking in and every other day to see if we needed anything.

The staff at the hotel has been very helpful and friendly.  The Coral Springs area is very nice and has many outstanding restaurants.

Excellent news!  Safe travels home. 

• Like 1

Had to cancel our 2022 14 dayer because of cancer. Rebooked for March 3, 2023. Already two port changes. Antigua instead of St. Kitts and Dominica instead of St. Vincent. We were really hoping to go to St. Vincent. Never been to that port. Darn

Does anyone onboard the ship currently know what expected passenger count is anticipated for next cruise departing on 3/13/22?  It will be a partial transit, wondering if it will be as busy as current Caribbean itinerary is at moment.  Thanks for any information.  According to CDC the Emerald is still in the yellow status as of now.

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

Does anyone onboard the ship currently know what expected passenger count is anticipated for next cruise departing on 3/13/22?  It will be a partial transit, wondering if it will be as busy as current Caribbean itinerary is at moment.  Thanks for any information.  According to CDC the Emerald is still in the yellow status as of now.

I was told by a contact at Princess that our 13 Mar 2022 sailing would be at 75% capacity.   

2 hours ago, srice said:

I was told by a contact at Princess that our 13 Mar 2022 sailing would be at 75% capacity.   

Thanks so much, hope that holds true.  Starting to get excited for this upcoming weekend, fingers crossed all tests are negative!  

4 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

We crossed paths with Song, the Captains Circle onboard rep this morning... she shared that as of today, Emerald is looking at less than 1,900 passengers for 13 March leg (if all show up, etc, etc). Love that passenger amount... enough to keep the crew busy, but not so many that passengers bump into one another, long lines, or crowded feeling    😄

She mentioned that as April approaches, passenger counts look to be over 2000+.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luv2cruisin said:

We crossed paths with Song, the Captains Circle onboard rep this morning... she shared that as of today, Emerald is looking at less than 1,900 passengers for 13 March leg (if all show up, etc, etc).

Good information.  I'm curious about the cruise after that, March 23rd, would they  have current booking numbers for that one? 

1 hour ago, DebNJoe said:

I'll be on the Emerald on March 23rd, Panama Canal cruise. I'm curious what time the evening shows are scheduled for.  TIA

The last two legs...

Princess Theatre is pretty much 7pm and 9pm.  MUTS movies is 7pm and not sure if occasionally but not every night after 9pm (?).  Of course Explorers and Wheelhouse are busy with music, shows, or games.

Someone asked to post Patters last week... sorry, but we just came off six port days. We were busy all sea day today, and now we have two port days coming up. We do have the last five days of patter. I will try to grab pics of them and attach tomorrow when we return back to ship. Have to use my tablet, as my cell phone pics will not load on Cruise Critic from ship.  Time for bed, early to rise tomorrow 😴 🙌 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2cruisin said:

The last two legs...

Princess Theatre is pretty much 7pm and 9pm.  MUTS movies is 7pm and not sure if occasionally but not every night after 9pm (?).  Of course Explorers and Wheelhouse are busy with music, shows, or games.

Someone asked to post Patters last week... sorry, but we just came off six port days. We were busy all sea day today, and now we have two port days coming up. We do have the last five days of patter. I will try to grab pics of them and attach tomorrow when we return back to ship. Have to use my tablet, as my cell phone pics will not load on Cruise Critic from ship.  Time for bed, early to rise tomorrow 😴 🙌 👍

Thank you!  How did the excursions work out for your replacement islands?  Those of us on the 4/2 sailing have yet to receive any options.

Question for those disembarking on Sunday. Have you been told what pier you will dock at? Have they given the times to disembark?  My paperwork for 13 March shows embarking at 12:30 and the app has time at 11:00. Thanks

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Question for those disembarking on Sunday. Have you been told what pier you will dock at? Have they given the times to disembark?  My paperwork for 13 March shows embarking at 12:30 and the app has time at 11:00. Thanks

According to https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ the EP will be at Terminal 21.  The CB is the only other Princess ship in port that day and it is scheduled for Terminal 2 

Welcome back! 

Is anyone able to share the Patters with us 4/2 sailors? 

We leave in 19 days and we still don't have excursion choices for our rescheduled itinerary.

Thank you, and hope you all had a great time!

2 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Welcome back! 

Is anyone able to share the Patters with us 4/2 sailors? 

We leave in 19 days and we still don't have excursion choices for our rescheduled itinerary.

Thank you, and hope you all had a great time!

Is that 14 day Circle Caribbean? We still have the last eight days worth of Patters hanging on the wall in our cabin. Let me know and I'll try to get them to post.

4 minutes ago, luv2cruisin said:

Is that 14 day Circle Caribbean? We still have the last eight days worth of Patters hanging on the wall in our cabin. Let me know and I'll try to get them to post.

Yes, it was supposed to be the exact itinerary as yours, but when Princess rescheduled St. Vincent, Martinique and Trinidad, you ended up with different replacements.  We got Dominica, St. Lucia and Grenada. Still no excursions available and St. Lucia and Dominica are supposed to be Princess excursions only.

It sounds like you are still on board.  We've received wide-ranging reports on the occupancy for the 4/2 departure (1100-2600 passengers).  If you happen to be speaking with someone "in the know", would love that info too.

Question....what does "St. Lucia and Dominica are supposed to be Princess excursions only." mean?  Can I book my own excursions outside the cruise ship if I want to?  We also are booked for 04/02 (it's our 40th wedding anniversary!).   We also are interested in occupancy, and praying we will not test positive before going!!

51 minutes ago, ICtheWorld said:

Question....what does "St. Lucia and Dominica are supposed to be Princess excursions only." mean?  Can I book my own excursions outside the cruise ship if I want to?  We also are booked for 04/02 (it's our 40th wedding anniversary!).   We also are interested in occupancy, and praying we will not test positive before going!!

It means you have to book excursions through Princess, or at least that is what Princess is leading us to believe.  Below is the information Princess has published.  I have recently contacted vendors in St. Lucia who represent they are approved (posted above) for excursions.  I have also read of people booking directly with some of the Catamarans in Barbados directly, and also the review by one couple on Enchanted Princess which pretty much negates the statement about Barbados having to use Princess tours only.  I'll provide that link separately.  Of course, we are at the mercy of Princess and the local governments and protocols may (and or do) change.  I'm also going to copy this over to the 4/2 roll call.

The ability for fully vaccinated guests to go ashore in ports of call is controlled by the governments of the ports we visit, based on their specific COVID-19 protocols and requirements. These are subject to change. All ports allow fully vaccinated guests to go ashore with Princess shore excursions. Some ports may also allow tours sold by port-authorized third-party operators or independent tours and exploration. Please be aware that in select ports you may be required to take a shore excursion provided by Princess to go ashore.

We recommend that you always carry your proof of vaccination and your negative COVID-19 test results from embarkation when going ashore. Currently, only Princess shore excursions are permitted in:

• Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Gatun Lake, Panama
  • Roseau, Dominica
  • Castries, St. Lucia

At this time, fully vaccinated guests can explore other destinations on their own or on independent third-party tours. This is subject to change at any time. Guests must follow the destination’s health guidelines at all times. CDC guidelines recommend wearing masks while indoors and during transportation, including water shuttles. We strongly recommend you choose Princess shore excursions as our teams are in contact with local officials who oversee health and safety standard for these guides and tours. You can pre-purchase shore excursions through Cruise Personalizer or on board using the MedallionClass app, digital portals, or stateroom TV, subject to availability and capacity restrictions. You must follow all COVID-19-related requirements, including physical distancing and mask-wearing, and stay with your cruise companions for the entire excursion. There could be additional restrictions based on local conditions. Please ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit. If your shore excursion is canceled by the company or the tour operator, or if you are denied from joining the tour, your shore excursion payment will be credited to your on-board account.

Edited by pd7277

On 3/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, luv2cruisin said:

The last two legs...

Thank you for this info!