Private excursion outside gate?

hllwdcruiser

We have a friend from Barbados who has a friend who drives a taxi. Before Covid he made a good living meeting the cruise ships, but unfortunately,  not so much now with all the restrictions.

He is Barbados Covid 19 Certified but not allowed to enter the port area. He thinks we are able to go outside the gate, no problem. He said that cruisers are doing it all the time and walking around Bridgetown. 

We would love to book with him but are obviously concerned about getting through the security to get out and then getting back in again to get back on the ship.

Does anyone have any updates on the current protocols? 

We will be on the Enchanted Princess on Sunday, March 6th.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 7:37 AM, hllwdcruiser said:

We have a friend from Barbados who has a friend who drives a taxi. Before Covid he made a good living meeting the cruise ships, but unfortunately,  not so much now with all the restrictions.

He is Barbados Covid 19 Certified but not allowed to enter the port area. He thinks we are able to go outside the gate, no problem. He said that cruisers are doing it all the time and walking around Bridgetown. 

We would love to book with him but are obviously concerned about getting through the security to get out and then getting back in again to get back on the ship.

Does anyone have any updates on the current protocols? 

We will be on the Enchanted Princess on Sunday, March 6th.

Can you advise what happened in Barbados? We’re you able to just get off and go on your own? 

Here today...easy to walk right out the gate. We did and got a taxi to take us downtown. 

We've done private tours at this port in the past and have also just taxi into town. This time what a disappointment downtown was...very rough looking and just had an uneasy feeling. We spent about 15-20 min and took a taxi back to the ship. Barbados isn't a favorite any longer. JMHO

On 4/1/2022 at 1:55 PM, Ashland said:

This time what a disappointment downtown was...very rough looking and just had an uneasy feeling. We spent about 15-20 min and took a taxi back to the ship. Barbados isn't a favorite any longer. JMHO

Wow. Somebody was jumpy, this time - lol

Strange reality......

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We are sailing out of Bridgetown in November and noticed Royal is saying you have to take their excursions or government approved excursions in Barbados and St. Lucia. Has anyone experienced this? We are planning to arrive 2 days early to drive around Barbados. Are we going to be in trouble with the covid police?

On 7/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, Super Curly said:

We are sailing out of Bridgetown in November and noticed Royal is saying you have to take their excursions or government approved excursions in Barbados and St. Lucia. Has anyone experienced this? We are planning to arrive 2 days early to drive around Barbados. Are we going to be in trouble with the covid police?

Complete the official document today then closer to docking 

https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022

I am curious as well as I've seen no recent talk about this for either port. Are we going to be allowed to venture off the ships on our own in St Lucia and Barbados in November? I keep watching for updates....

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, tartana said:

I am curious as well as I've seen no recent talk about this for either port. Are we going to be allowed to venture off the ships on our own in St Lucia and Barbados in November? I keep watching for updates....

On the Celebrity website about two weeks ago both ports you mentioned were listed as required to either take a ship's tour or a government sanctioned tour. I looked again this morning and the restrictions were no where to be found.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2022 at 10:01 PM, Wrunkles said:

We were there on March 20th.  We took a taxi from inside the port to get over to Carlisle Bay.  There were plenty of people that were walking out of the pier area so it seemed to be allowed.  

Is it easy to get taxi back to the port?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

LMAO!! PORT ROYAL you are hilarious!!

I love that!! 

To assist, S.H.T. found on the most popular beaches, being the shortest distance from the ship, discovered either sitting hot and sweaty on the sand, or floating in the sea.

28 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

To assist, S.H.T. found on the most popular beaches, being the shortest distance from the ship, discovered either sitting hot and sweaty on the sand, or floating in the sea.

OMG!! So true!!  S.H.T. you nailed it, AGAIN!! 🤜🤛