Changed from 2 days to 3 days prior for covid test

curlybelle2

Just received an email regarding our cruise on March 10th. I noticed the change in pre-cruise covid test. The change to three days is going to be very helpful to many people. Very pleased!

IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR YOUR CRUISE
It's almost time for your cruise vacation! Please make sure you remember to:
- Download the MedallionClass app to complete all required check-in items.
- Complete online cruise check-in and the mandatory Health Questionnaire (MUST
be completed by each guest at least 24 hours before your cruise).
- Bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative viral
COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of cruise check-in.
- Select an arrival time to the pier on the MedallionClass app. For the health
and safety of all, do not arrive prior to your assigned check-in time or you will be asked to return at the correct time.
- Bring a mask to wear at cruise check-in and as required on board and in
ports as this may be a requirement even for those who are fully vaccinated.
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, phabric said:

From today’s webinar.  Princess Website will be updated March 1 for no mask, 3 days for PCR and 2 days for rapid needed for negative Covid test before cruise and children under 5 yrs will be allowed.

The above post on another thread may add to the confusion.

9 hours ago, sueandkent said:

Our notice we got for March 5th sailing still says 2 days.

Take a look at your Travel Summary.  Ours for March 10 says 3 days for both PCR and antigen.  There is a link to "important notices" for our cruise that also says 3 days.  Take a look at those, you might find that they say 3 days.

26 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Take a look at your Travel Summary.  Ours for March 10 says 3 days for both PCR and antigen.  There is a link to "important notices" for our cruise that also says 3 days.  Take a look at those, you might find that they say 3 days.

3 weeks ago, it said 2 days under my travel summary, now it says 3 days.  I'm holding off on ordering tests for our cruise in 45 days.  I have a feeling that testing might be going away... don't quote me on that, I have nothing to base it on, just a gut thing.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I just logged into my account for our cruise on Monday and had to agree to the 2 day testing and indoor mask mandate:

1516999846_ScreenShot2022-02-25at11_24_04AM.thumb.png.e3e8ec1c361df2945c4d2898cee4c749.png

March 1 is Tuesday so if you are sailing Monday you fall under the old guidelines.

7 hours ago, pompeii said:

Thanks for that info…our 3/27/22 cruise has the same statement in our Travel Summary: “proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of embarkation”.

Edited by Astro Flyer

20 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Great news! Princess website still says 2 days, I agree this will be a good change.  Hopefully they get the FAQs updated soon! 

I will be totally honest, I think they shouldn’t switch to 3 days just yet.  Yes I know 3 makes it easier and even for me however at this point getting a test as close to sailing as possible still makes since. I say this because I know many people who tested positive for Covid only after 2nd test and a day or so later.  In other words that extra day will weed out a few cases.  Just my opinion based on what I have seen even recently. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Hopefully they get the FAQs updated soon!

In Wednesday’s webinar the SVP of Sales said that was expected to be updated on 3/1. We decided to change our PCR test to 3 days for our cruise that’s sailing in 30 days.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Checked our travel summary today for our April sailing and it now says 3 days for testing, either PCR or antigen. We are doing the at home test so it doesn’t really matter to use whether it is 2 or 3 days but hoping this change will help others.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In Wednesday’s webinar the SVP of Sales said that was expected to be updated on 3/1. We decided to change our PCR test to 3 days for our cruise that’s sailing in 30 days.

Thanks, for pointing me to the Webinar, I hadn’t watched it yet, so I appreciate the heads up.

It will be interesting to see the final language on 3/1 since the webinar is saying 3 days for PCR, 2 days for antigen  which seems different than 3 days for any type that you and others are seeing in travel summary.  Hopefully it’s a consistent 3 days so people don’t have to worry what type of test they are taking. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

gee it sounds like it is still confusing and Princess needs to update website in plain and bold english

The webinar did state it very plainly and the web site should be updated on March 1 to what the webinar said.

o A PCR test can be taken three days or less before the cruise.

o An antigen test can be taken two days or less before a cruise.

Reason for the difference is that results for a PCR test can take longer to be returned. Many passengers found it difficult to locate an antigen test.

It is up to the passenger to decide which type test they want and thus how many days before the cruise it can be taken.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

The webinar did state it very plainly and the web site should be updated on March 1 to what the webinar said.

o A PCR test can be taken three days or less before the cruise.

o An antigen test can be taken two days or less before a cruise.

Reason for the difference is that results for a PCR test can take longer to be returned. Many passengers found it difficult to locate an antigen test.

It is up to the passenger to decide which type test they want and thus how many days before the cruise it can be taken.

Oh, I do agree with what they said BUT if by some slight chance I get to the port & they tell me I can't board since I took my test a day to early what is my response?

I'm SOL and I can quote them all day long but they're the ones calling it at that time.

Since I live close by & I can choose 2 or 3 days, I'll play it safe with the original 2 day window. 

In my Cruise Personalizer, my COVID test requirements showed two days pre-cruise for PCR or antigen until yesterday, then it was three days for either, now it’s back to two days. Luckily I don’t leave until the end of March.

it is just me, or does anyone else thinks it’s unsurprising that even this has gotten screwed up?

• Like 2

Talk about confusing people. 🥴

They should just leave it to 2 days for everyone no matter what their vax status or no test at all & been done with it.

I foresee some disappointed people at the pier and their the cause of it. :classic_angry: