Pre-Booking Shore Excursions

Irish110

Going on my first Celebrity cruise in April. I was looking to book a couple of shore excursions pre-cruise. I saw a couple of excursions that were not listed on the page showing pre-cruise discounts. Does this mean you can only book pre-cruise discounted excursions and more excursions will be available once we board or are these the only excursions being offered for my particular cruise? Will airport transfers be offered to MIA airport from Port Everglades without having to do a combination excursion with airport drop off?  Thanks in advance for any help in answering my questions.

If you are looking in the Cruise Planner for your cruise both the discounted  excursions ( if any) and the full price excursions should show.  You can book and if the price drops you can cancel and rebook if there is still space.

In my experience the excursions in the Cruise Planner are the same that will be available, space permitting , once on the ship.

Thanks for responding. It sounds like only excursions listed in the Cruise Planner are available for this cruise. Most of the excursions are discounted which is a good thing but there were a couple of excursions that were of interest in the general excursions for those ports that I guess are either sold out or not available. 

54 minutes ago, Irish110 said:

Thanks for responding. It sounds like only excursions listed in the Cruise Planner are available for this cruise. Most of the excursions are discounted which is a good thing but there were a couple of excursions that were of interest in the general excursions for those ports that I guess are either sold out or not available. 

Make sure you’re seeing all the excursions for each port—when you first go to the excursions it selects a few from each port.  If you click on the specific port on the left hand side, you’ll see all the excursions for that port.

Yes I have clicked on the left hand side to see all the excursions listed for each port in my cruise planner. I am just not seeing some of the excursions that I had seen previously. I am just confirming that unless an excursion is listed in my cruise planner then it is not available to book.

1 hour ago, Irish110 said:

Yes I have clicked on the left hand side to see all the excursions listed for each port in my cruise planner. I am just not seeing some of the excursions that I had seen previously. I am just confirming that unless an excursion is listed in my cruise planner then it is not available to book.

I’m encountering a similar issue on my cruise on the Edge in July and wonder if Celebrity is only offering limited European excursions this year. They are advertised on the main website section of the excursion page as available on my ship/sailing but when I navigate into my booking to book it. A few excursions are sold out but some are not even listed. I’ve never seen such a limited number for the excursions available. I’ve emailed Celebrity twice without success/ no reply. 

5 hours ago, LPCKG said:

I’m encountering a similar issue on my cruise on the Edge in July and wonder if Celebrity is only offering limited European excursions this year. They are advertised on the main website section of the excursion page as available on my ship/sailing but when I navigate into my booking to book it. A few excursions are sold out but some are not even listed. I’ve never seen such a limited number for the excursions available. I’ve emailed Celebrity twice without success/ no reply. 

Excursions require shore-side operators. Companies have gone out of business, guides have become taxi drivers, it may take awhile before Celebrity can rebuild a full excursion offering in every port. I would expect you will see additional offerings between now and when you cruise. Even in the Caribbean last month we found more options as we got closer to sail date (and some cancellations and some fully booked options). 

I am waiting for excursions to be added for our visit to Marseilles. When I first booked the cruise in mid September there were plenty of excursions for the other ports, but nothing for Marseilles. I contacted Captain’s Club via their FB site and received a quick reply, to say that they were waiting for the excursions department to add trips.

They have now added just one excursion, which is an open top bus.

I wasn’t really interested in that, so decided to wait until more were added.

However, when I looked a few days ago, there was a banner to say just 6 places remain.

I have now booked, with the intention of cancelling if other excursions are added which I prefer.

Our cruise is 30/07/22.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

However, when I looked a few days ago, there was a banner to say just 6 places remain.

I have now booked, with the intention of cancelling if other excursions are added which I prefer.

Our cruise is 30/07/22.

Good advice, book something for now as a ‘just in case’ then keep looking and see what is added. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, Irish110 said:

Will airport transfers be offered to MIA airport from Port Everglades without having to do a combination excursion with airport drop off?  Thanks in advance for any help in answering my questions.

I am interested in whether Celebrity offer airport transfers at the end of their cruises, too, though not specifically for Miami. My upcoming cruises offer an excursion ending at the airport, but would be interested if basic transfers will be offered.