The Daily for Saturday 02/26/2022

richwmn

Today is Carnival Day, Carpe Diem Day, and National Pistachio Day

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.--Lao Tzu

Meal Suggestion for today - paneer butter masala
Drink of the Day - Hornitos® Black Barrel® TequilOld Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Massican 2020 Annia White (Napa Valley)
Destination of the Day - Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam   Destination Port Everglades eta 2/27
Rotterdam   Destination Port Everglades eta 2/27

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam   Destination San Diego eta 2/27
Zuiderdam   Destination San Diego eta 2/27

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Nieuw Amsterdam   07:00 - 16:00

Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 16:00

Ships Without Passengers

Augusta, IT

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

2026World.thumb.png.701235df4daf7fdce6219266f52ab633.png
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.

It is 11.30am 44°F and sunny.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

I like pistachio nuts and ice cream.

Great quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have been to Zeebrugge Belgium many times on cruises having tours to Brugge and shuttles to the seaside town of Blankenberge with their many chocolate shops.

Prayers for the safety of the Ukrainian people and all on our care lists.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220226_112719.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  Like all 3 days, but especially Pistachio ice cream.  Love also the Lau Tzu quote.  Will pass on the meal  but have been to Zebrugge several times.

Today’s care list:

Ukrane
StLouisCruiser’s niece with post fall complications
Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Jose’s blood tests
Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen still with Covid
Sea viewer DH recovering from stent procedure
Aliaschief recovering from diverticulitis
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and procedure March 7
Superoma in isolation
From the rotation:
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
Kakalina’s rapid decline
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Amsterdam in Everglades
6 BHB with passengers
Good Neurology report forluvteaching DH
1 day for Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam}
1 day for NorseH20 (Zuiderdam to 4/4)
Bon Voyage Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/5)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27), JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to  3/8) , and GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

na0226.thumb.JPG.63c16245cf03066eba7e5a2a173a6e6a.JPG
Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting days.  I'm not sure I'll do much "seizing" today, I'm getting tired of winter.  I don't think we have any pistachios.

Love the quote.

I think I'll pass on the meal.  I hope the drink and wine are good.

We have not been to today's port, I think it was on the cruise that  was cancelled.  Maybe someday we will get there.🤞

Prayers for our world.

Stay safe.

• Like 29

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  Like all 3 days, but especially Pistachio ice cream.  Love also the Lau Tzu quote.  Will pass on the meal  but have been to Zebrugge several times.

Today’s care list:

Ukrane
StLouisCruiser’s niece with post fall complications
Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Jose’s blood tests
Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen still with Covid
Sea viewer DH recovering from stent procedure
Aliaschief recovering from diverticulitis
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and procedure March 7
Superoma in isolation
From the rotation:
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
Kakalina’s rapid decline
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Amsterdam in Everglades
6 BHB with passengers
Good Neurology report forluvteaching DH
1 day for Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam}
1 day for NorseH20 (Zuiderdam to 4/4)
Bon Voyage Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/5)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27), JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to  3/8) , and GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

na0226.thumb.JPG.63c16245cf03066eba7e5a2a173a6e6a.JPG
Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 17

First - prayers for all on our list in need and special thanks to Rich and Roy.  Prayers that the fighting in Ukraine will end soon.

Second - while in Charleston, sitting in the Diamond lounge, my phone rings and I see it is my SIL.  My heart does a little bounce because my SIL does not usually call my cell.  It turns out my other SIL was hospitalized with heart issues.  Prayers please for SIL who will be have heart repair (stents, I believe) in a day or two.  She needs to be moved to another hospital before procedures can take place.

Third - our trip on Enchantment was wonderful.  The reduced passenger count and uncrowded ships won’t last, I know, but it sure was nice. Pleased that I got a chance to have a quick chat with Roy one morning in the lounge.  Now onto a “boatload” of laundry.  

Happy Saturday everyone.  Katherine 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, for giving us the Daily! Welcome home Roy! Thank you again for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyites. Another lovely morning here. Up early to get to a couple gym classes. I am so lucky that my gym is still leaving some of their Covid protocols in place. It is not that common in my area. More gardening & Bindi walks will round out my day. 

Going to a great fresh fish restaurant for supper with my “traveling Sister”. And we’ll probably wrap up the night with a glass of wine looking out at the Atlantic.

The Star Trek miniseries concludes….

47D008BF-F728-40D3-BCD4-CDAE62C84C1D.jpeg.04b7156b5f1da52b4c7c0acca74b796c.jpeg

592ABD3D-1851-4823-965F-DA5EF56BF66D.jpeg.bac047b907f940ffee2074039e9a307b.jpeg

BAE0A348-253D-4E98-BE37-FE31954A433E.jpeg.5c9662f735309f3ce79e59a0b474ab11.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone! 

This Napa white blend uses iconic Italian grapes to create an excellent - superbly rated product, that consumers love just as much. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $29.95. I would love to taste this one. 

Winemaker Notes

Massican's flagship white wine blend sourced from small vineyards around the Napa Valley. The three grape varietals, Tocai Friulano, Ribolla Gialla and Chardonnay, are harvested separately and fermented independently in French Oak and stainless steel tanks until blending six weeks before bottling. The Tocai and Ribolla build the aroma and flavor profile of the wine, while the Chardonnay adds to the wine’s structure. The wine is fresh and subtle and fulfills the promise set forth years ago to bottle memorable white wines, unique amongst the whites of California.

Blend: 61% Tocai Friulano, 27% Ribolla Gialla, 12% Chardonnay 

WE96 Wine Enthusiast

Dan Petroski’s perennially delightful blend of 61% Tocai Friulano, 27% Ribolla Gialla and 12% Chardonnay from Hyde Vineyard stands out in its melding of floral, grippy composure and earthy intensity. Lemon candy, peach and white flower combine around ethereal accents of salt and slate. Editors’ Choice.

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2020 Massican Annia White Wine is one of the Napa Valley's most coolest wines. TASTING NOTES: This wine spins a tale from the Old World as it shows aromas and flavors of rustic spices, dusty earth, and tart fruit. Pair it with coq au vin. 
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Good collection of days.  I especially appreciate Carpe Diem - Seize the Day.  It’s so important to remember to enjoy the ‘now’ as we never know what the future holds.

EDCE4F3B-0AD4-4786-9658-5B081D57DC68.jpeg.7c57349ac3be472399f817e7d1316780.jpeg

Love the quote.  I’ll wait on the meal description and would love to try that wine.  Yay on another white 😉 

CDF67F9F-E8B8-4287-8D86-095C4018D831.jpeg.941d5edcceab40949b92885075588168.jpeg

Have been to Zeebrugge a few times and very much enjoy visiting Bruges.  Pretty sure I should have some pics - will look.

@Lady Hudson so sorry to hear about your SIL.  Prayers for her and her heart repair 🙏🏻 

Snow has stopped and, as usual we got more than what they said we would.  And, of course, the temps have dropped and it is going to be unbearably cold to shovel 😠 I’m getting tired of these ridiculously cold temps.  Pretty sure I am not alone

F2B946A7-6C80-44BB-81A7-EB9D405DDFAB.jpeg.98915da61eed337d3a41f13359886a4e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

6AFFF932-4C52-4C76-A6EF-30EB4DE9AC0C.thumb.png.54b0276690787d3e4193be913ff0d137.png

Have a great Saturday, everyone !!!!

8BA1700C-9388-4735-AC46-895DC86438DE.jpeg.bc684f8413e007cfd585169deedeb09c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Second - while in Charleston, sitting in the Diamond lounge, my phone rings and I see it is my SIL.  My heart does a little bounce because my SIL does not usually call my cell.  It turns out my other SIL was hospitalized with heart issues.  Prayers please for SIL who will be have heart repair (stents, I believe) in a day or two.  She needs to be moved to another hospital before procedures can take place.

So sorry to hear this.

Roy

• Like 20

Good Saturday morning.  Haven't been to a carnival in years.  Will seize the day to do something, maybe just sit and read the Daily.  Enjoy Pistachio's.  Really love the quote.

Will wait for Debbie's recipe to decide about the meal.

Prayers and toasts to our lists, and the people who may not realize they need them too.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila Old Fashioned:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
1 part Simple Syrup
1/2 part Amaro Liqueur
2 dashes Bitters
2 dashes Orange Bitters
Orange Peel

Instructions
Combine simple syrup, Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila, amaro and bitters. Add ice and stir. Strain over fresh ice and garnish with an orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 7.32.30 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from SW Florida, we're getting spoiled down here with another great day in the mid 80s.

Just returned home from a nice breakfast at a favorite local diner.

Pistachio nuts are one of my favorite nuts.

I hope Carnival day doesn't mean we have to book a cruise with Carnival, we sailed with them 1 time and it was a bad experience.

I hoping the baseball players and owners come to an agreement soon so the season starts on time but it's not looking good.

Prayers for the people of Ukraine, I'm thinking Putin is as evil and demonic as Hitler.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for The Daily.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 32

A quick good morning everyone as we’re going for a walk on the beach before we have to get it all together and head to the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Great collection of days and I love the quote. Even though we’re very excited about our cruise the situation in the Ukraine weighs heavy on our mind and hearts. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.  We’ll try to remember to wave to the camera later today.

• Like 30

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I haven't been to a carnival since DS was in elementary school - I don't think it means Carnival cruises, of which we've had 3 in our cruise history.  Carpe Diem is something we should do every day, because you just never know.  Pistachios?  Yes, please!  I remember as a kid, only being able to get the red ones and you could never eat them on the sly, because your stained fingers gave you away every time.

Yesterday I thought it was time to get my kokum scarf (a colourful floral scarf that women and grandmothers of indigenous ancestry can proudly wear), so we went to a local Ukrainian store and bought one.  It was for a dual purpose - to signify my heritage and place in life, and to support the Ukrainian community, as the floral designs mirror indigenous beadwork patterns.  Here's a pic of the scarf laid out on our sofa so you can see the design.

Scarf.JPG.21e5c14fe66353cdf4c287fdb58b8bdd.JPG

It's gradually warming up here on the "frozen tundra", as we're sitting at -10C this morning.  With the sunshine predicted for today, we might almost get to 0, which for February is quite lovely.  Never fear, though, there's always a storm or two to be endured before winter is really over.   I really feel for @kazu who is going through storm after storm, and is now being whacked with cold temperatures as well.

@Lady Hudson how disconcerting to get a call re your SIL; hopefully she will have good care and get the stents in place quickly.

@Mr. Boston I'm excited for you!  Will you be able to wave at us watching sail-away this afternoon?  Tell us where you'll be and what you're wearing so we can find you!

I've had today's menu suggestion, and seriously, I could pour that stuff all over my body if it meant I could consume more.  However, I don't have the ingredients in my kitchen right how to make it, so will go with DH's suggestion.  He wants hot dogs, so I'll put some into the air fryer (they come out like you had them over a bonfire), and serve them up with a crunchy coleslaw and maybe even some air fried french fries.  We'll have our own carnival dinner at home.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do. We'll salute all who make up the happy list by raising our glasses with a hearty "Cheers!"  Stay safe, wash your hands, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need them, be well and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s a cold and cloudy day, winter is back.

Heading to Bird-in-Hand fire company for their Chicken pot pie sale. I can taste it now😀

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏❤️

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 27

Good morning, everyone.

It is going to be a beautiful day here with bright sunshine and blue skies.  Hopefully, the snow will all melt and simply be a memory by this afternoon.  

I have a Zoom meeting this morning that I have to lead and then the day is free!   No pool today as I take Saturdays off.  It is too busy at the rec center - too many people around.  It is going to be hard to reacclimate to crowds when this pandemic is over.  

Today's meal is an Indian recipe for a mildly spicy curry with paneer, a type of cheese.  If you don't have an Indian grocery nearby, you can easily make paneer at home.   https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-paneer-cheese-in-30-minutes-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-57008

paneer.thumb.jpg.d4659898ed8898dccf979230058255f5.jpg

Or, you can use a substitute:  https://myconsciouseating.com/paneer-substitute/

Now, for the recipe!  https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/paneer-butter-masala-restaurant-style/

paneer-butter-masala-recipe-2.jpg.1f3ff418c53dd98d45344a4d7e3ea542.jpg

Or there is this one.   Not a lot of variation in the recipes.   https://hebbarskitchen.com/paneer-butter-masala-recipe/

paneer-butter-masala-recipe-butter-paneer-recipe-cheese-butter-masala-2-683x1024.thumb.jpeg.2270a8ef6c52eeefa7ad9afc3555b60c.jpeg

So, what will Tana choose?   Make your own paneer?   Use a substitute?   We're anxious to know.

Prayers for all in Ukraine and let there be an end to conflict.  Prayers also for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating.  I'm happy with the news that so many came through medical procedures well recently.  Let us continue that streak.  Also, welcome home, Roy @rafinmd.  We're glad you enjoyed your cruise.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

My mom used to say- the hurrier i go, the behinder i get.  I have a list of things to do today, and not enough hours to do them in.  I have two hours of work to do on the phones, I have to grocery shop, I had wanted to go for a walk, much needed to get my sanity back,  meals to fix, and eat, and I have nothing in the house to eat after the bacon and eggs are done.  And what do I want to do?  Nothing.  I want to do nothing.

Got an email from a friend yesterday, he asked what i was doing, and i said, well every morning I wake up and get my coffee and go to the Daily.  

I have a funny feeling that the meal is curry, which i love, so I am going to read the recipe.  Get another cup of coffee print my reports from yesterday, and then SEIZE MY DAY!.

• Like 34